How will Harry Potter effect attandance at HHN?

Judy and I were talking and we usually come down during the last 2 weeks of October. We have noticed that there are a lot of British in Orlando during the last two weeks, they told us that the kids get a school holiday around Halloween that they will take two weeks and come to the states, so there are like three weeks, the last two in October and the first in November that there are a fare amount of them here. I’m not complaining the US sure can use their money. That being said with Harry Potter opening this year there may be more British here in October to see harry and that may also mean a jump in attendance for HHN. I guess we will not find out as we are coming down for opening scareamonies.

Just thought I’d give us something to talk about till we get more info.

B)

I guess it would depend on whether or not the British celebrate Halloween as extensively as we do here in the States? (I'm not sure if it's viewed as that major of holiday across the pond or not...) That would be a contributing to factor as to how many of them check out HHN this year and on top of that, how many of the families have kids who are too young to truly enjoy HHN to it's fullest. While every age range seems to enjoy HP, many of the younger set who like him may not be too keen on an scarier event like HHN.

It will be interesting to see if HP being open ultimately has an effect on the overall attendance at HHN this year.

I guess it would depend on whether or not the British celebrate Halloween as extensively as we do here in the States? (I'm not sure if it's viewed as that major of holiday across the pond or not...) That would be a contributing to factor as to how many of them check out HHN this year and on top of that, how many of the families have kids who are too young to truly enjoy HHN to it's fullest. While every age range seems to enjoy HP, many of the younger set who like him may not be too keen on an scarier event like HHN.

It will be interesting to see if HP being open ultimately has an effect on the overall attendance at HHN this year.

there was an entire family of British on our tour HHN 17. so some do like the event as much as us.

• 1 month later...

We do celebrate Halloween quite extensively over here in the UK. Not quite as much or as well as over there in the US, though.

HHN is becoming very popular over here. I meet many people who know of it, have been to it or visit every year.

We, personally, love it and look forward to travelling over 'the pond' especially to take part every year.

We do celebrate Halloween quite extensively over here in the UK. Not quite as much or as well as over there in the US, though.

I dissagree with this statement as on halloween this year i never saw one trick or treater and there is not one event related to halloween apart from what nightclubs do but the most we get is beat costum gets £50 or somthing only deceration seems to be like cotton kidding on its spider webbs dont know if thats just glasgow or all over the uk

I dissagree with this statement as on halloween this year i never saw one trick or treater and there is not one event related to halloween apart from what nightclubs do but the most we get is beat costum gets £50 or somthing only deceration seems to be like cotton kidding on its spider webbs dont know if thats just glasgow or all over the uk

Most of the UK Theme Parks have Halloween events now (Thorpe Park-Fright Nights. Alton Towers-Scarefest). I attend an extremely good event in the North West called Farmegeddon. I don't frequent Night Clubs any more so I can't comment on those but the children living in my area definitely celebrate Halloween with Trick or Treating. :)

...back to the question. Lol.

The WWoHP is being advertised quite heavily here on Satelite TV. Certainly more than the usual Universal advertisments. It could affect the influx of UK visitors to Orlando. I'm not taking any chances and booking a Uni hotel while I'm over.

...back to the question. Lol.

The WWoHP is being advertised quite heavily here on Satelite TV. Certainly more than the usual Universal advertisments. It could affect the influx of UK visitors to Orlando. I'm not taking any chances and booking a Uni hotel while I'm over.

i agree with this my mum knows loads of people going to see wwohp and personally i think this hhn is gna be really busy booking flight was a nightmare for me this year as every flight to orlando or sanford from glasgow was fully booked so i need to go to new york then orlando so i say it will be a really busy hhn

• 2 weeks later...

Going over to see Harry Potter doesn't necessarily translate to going to HHN. HHN is a seperately-ticketed event, and costs extra money. Any families who don't want to shell out the extra cash and/or haven't already planned this in advance probably won't be buying a ticket on a whim.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I read this thread imagining everybody flailing their arms in the streets shouting "THE BRITISH ARE COMING!" :D

Halloween has never really been big over here, especially not in recent years where parents are reluctant to let their kids out.

I had a hell of a time getting flights for October this year as well, and I have noticed quite a few WWoHP commercials airing (and practically none for Disney or any other FL attraction), so I believe Islands will be pretty packed those last couple weeks. But I'm not sure it'll affect attendance of HHN. Looking at the audience I expect to be travelling for WWoHP... familes together (so that means 4 or 5 HHN tickets at $60 each), with young children (depending on how marketing goes, but if you saw SAW on the posters last year, would you have taken your 8 and 10-year-olds?) to an event that frequently runs until 12-2am?

I don't think WWoHP will affect attendance in a significant way. Of course, it will have a HUGE effect on flight and hotel availability for that three-week period.

• 2 weeks later...

mmmm. good question, i dont know, i think it could go either way, either it doesnt affect it at all because HHN means more money and families with kids couldnt go, or hhn will be crowded, im glad you pointed this out because i really didnt think about it,

Edited by black7mask

I don't see Harry Potter affecting HHN's attendance in a negative way at all. Possibly could increase attendance, since so many more people will be visiting IOA this year because of Potter, and therefore hearing about Halloween Horror Nights.

Now, Potter might end up affecting HHN's budget (I hope not) but I doubt the attendance will go anywhere but up.

And anyone in Europe that wants to celebrate Halloween without traveling to America should go to Terenzi Horror Nights and tell me how it is. :lol:

Edited by Jumboshrmp

Potter should have a positive impact due to the cross-marketing.

The typical "Come Back Tonight for HHN" is going to be seen by many more people than usual. The only problem I see is that Potter is scheduled to be open later to accommodate crowding so it may not close until 9 or 10pm if they shift the schedule that much. Plus Forbidden Journey has a 6-7 hour queue that could get filled taking several hours past closing to clear out.

Potter should have a positive impact due to the cross-marketing.

The typical "Come Back Tonight for HHN" is going to be seen by many more people than usual. The only problem I see is that Potter is scheduled to be open later to accommodate crowding so it may not close until 9 or 10pm if they shift the schedule that much. Plus Forbidden Journey has a 6-7 hour queue that could get filled taking several hours past closing to clear out.

Really? oh, is going to be so weird having potter and HHN going on at the same time. so it might really not affect it much,

thinking about it more, i see it this way,

they are coming all the way from England to see potter and probably both parks, im pretty sure people might get Really curious about HHN, they might see the decoration and scarezones during the day and might really want to come, so i think that it will affect the attendace, i think people might really want to check this Halloween event out. Specially if they haven't seen anything like it before. Also people might not think is that scary or that bad at all, so i can predict seeing more kids or families in the event

Edited by black7mask

the way i see it is when people come from the UK to see harry potter they usally come for 2 weeks and want to see everything when i was 12 i came to see universal, seaworld, ioa, disny & all those things but with all the HHN adverts and stuff my mum took me to hhn to see what it was like we have always gone in october cause my mum never liked the heat of what summer sounded like so with most brittish parents letting there 12 year old watch these horror films i can see it being busy.

Either Harry Potter opened or Universal decided to host their own Woodstock.

4713763488_148e45f49d.jpg

4713763492_9df61e180a.jpg

OH MAN!!! :blink:

Holy...

sorry about that, but that's what i was kinda afraid of, and what keith hutchy said is true, but i never thought it was going to be like this, now im really praying that is only for potter and that people might be afraid of HHN, hopefully, Im glad for new fans, and i would be glad to see the event growing and have attendance, but not like this, well we'll see

I too think that it will affect attendance in a negative way in MY eyes LOL. More people, more lines. I do the frequent fear pass, so I'm hoping the off nights won't be as bad as peak nights, since by HHNtime , most people coming for HP will be vacationing and hit up HHN on a Friday or Saturday night. One can hope...

That whole Harry Potter opening looked absolutely nuts... I read about the 9 hour queues... what the?

There has ALWAYS been loads of Brits every time I've been to Orlando anyway, and you see the younger families drifting out of the parks around the time HHN starts up... So surely not much impact on HHN, even with HP? Either way, I hope this HP thing is on express pass by then, although my bulky frame might not even get the 3 clicks on the ride I've been reading about... Here's to a butter beer, which will definitely break my diet :)

From something of an insider's perspective, I don't think HP is going to effect HHN much at all. People that are coming here to see Potter are doing just that, vising the Wizarding World of Harry Potter then leaving the park, they're not lingering and visiting many of the other attractions at all. Once they've gotten their Potter fix they head on outta the park.