Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

4 minutes ago, Fallow said:

Oh, that's interesting... didn't realize they moved up the entrance sign. Previously the AHS slot has been far more prominent/the most "obvious" maze exiting the zone, so it would make sense that people naturally flow into Purge, the exit of which leads to Poltergeist, then filter into Blumhouse on their way back.

I remember when they had the entrances to the "Purge Tent" and "Poltergeist Tent" side by side.  Not this year, obviously. I don't know if those locations have official names, so that's what I call them.  Yeah, you'd think they would have the Blumhouse sign face the zone exit, but nope. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I remember when they had the entrances to the "Purge Tent" and "Poltergeist Tent" side by side.  Not this year, obviously. I don't know if those locations have official names, so that's what I call them.  Yeah, you'd think they would have the Blumhouse sign face the zone exit, but nope. 

I'm almost wondering if this was a deliberate choice. Universal/Blumhouse would likely prefer to promote Purge versus Unfriended/Truth or Dare, and the Purge tent slot (there aren't really any official/useful names) has always seen the lowest traffic of any of the Metro slots. Maybe this shows just how pivotal an entrance sign location can be...

Similarly, I feel Trick r Treat is suffering from its entrance. Stranger Things has the projection on the Transformers building and the prominent sign as you reach Transformers. Trick r Treat can only be seen if you're headed to Metro and is extremely inconvenient to access if you're leaving Metro (you have to go all the way around). Other than Blumhouse, it's reliably had the shortest waits of the night...

I'm going to guess that it's a deliberate attempt - to try to control crowd flows.  I think they want to Metro to have a natural flow.  You exit the scarezone and the most prominent sign is Purge.  You exit purge and the first sign you see is Poltergeist.  You exit that and see Blumhouse.  You exit that and see a sign showing the way back to the lower lot.  I really don't think it's anything more complicated than that.  You want to do something over again?  Then you have to go against the natural flow and turn around.  I don't think they want people exiting the Holidayz in Hell and standing around wondering where to go. 

The only "choice" that really needs to be made in lower lot is TrT or Metro - and they have plenty of people standing there all night long telling EVERYONE "Right for TrT, Left for the backlot".  They don't want people stopping the flow to make a decision.  I think that's why they don't show you wait times for backlot houses there anymore.  They want people to make a split second decision - a long walk to the backlot or "just 30 minutes" for TrT, then walk to the backlot.   The punchline for them is that exiting TrT requires them to loop all the way around the Mummy building again.

• Like 1