Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

I think the lineup is great, outside of HOB.

It's only weird because there's a big chunk of popular stuff not being utilized like we know they usually would tackle immediately. IT is the most obvious. Halloween 2018 not happening is a weird curveball because we have Halloween 4 instead. AHS deliberately only did one season last year for what seemed like saving for the next year, but it's absent. The Conjuring taking a few years to happen seemed natural until now.

I predict from here on, we're going to see a major shake up in the way HHN does things. I'm hoping that means more original mazes.

Weinstein, WB's haunt, and the Fox merger have essentially changed the entire way HHN operates.

If rumors of Blumhouse buying Scream are true, we can finally see a Scream maze. Freddy and Jason will never be seen again unless you go down the road to Burbank. And with Disney owning Fox, MAYBE, and I pray to the Haunt lords, they'll see DCA as a possible Haunt location to fill some mazes up with (Imagine Disney doing AvP this time, it'd be phenomenal.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dykealiscious said:

I know we are done here but I just noticed the blumhouse maze isn't listed on the site any more. 

Weird, I see it on the main page with all the other mazes but you’re right it isn’t I’m the drop down menu. However, when you search for it on the site it does come up with the maze description and everything. Probably just a glitch

I really am bummed out that I cant  make it this year. 
 Despite a lot hate Hollywood gets it's still a decent event. 
I want to go next year regardless of the line up. 
 I was hoping for ahs cult house, I doubt it would happen tho because the real life victims of Jim Jones, Manson Family and zodiac killer and assassination of Andy Warhol. 

Does anyone jere ever do a meetup at HHN?

littlegreenghouls, I was kind of thinking there was a strong feeling AHS would be part of the lineup this year. But with the next season coming out much faster than usual my guess is that with this new season being a cross story of previous seasons, I bet it will be back at next year's HHN

6 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

This got me thinking because there is always a meet up thread every year so I checked and there is, but no one has posted anything on it lol

Well this is only my 3rd year on this forum I think so I haven't seen it. Anyway....I'm always interested in online comraderie. 

I'm watching unfriended right now.  Yeah I don't get how to make this a maze. Interesting creepy movie though. 

14 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Was there no Employee Preview night?  No one has any reports?

There was,  and while I didn't attend the gist of this year is: Yes there's black walls, not to the extent of last year. Overall house quality is far superior from last year, so much so that someone has stated that their #5 house this year would have been their #2 house last year. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, NuteGunrayWasFramed said:

There was,  and while I didn't attend the gist of this year is: Yes there's black walls, not to the extent of last year. Overall house quality is far superior from last year, so much so that someone has stated that their #5 house this year would have been their #2 house last year. 

Great to hear!  My daughter has been begging me to go so based on this early report I bought us an FFP.  We will go first on Friday.  Then I'm off next week to Orlando.  Sounds like Orlando's Poltergeist is the house of the century.  Any word about Hollywood's?

I went on Saturday. Crowds were horrible and was only able to get through Trick R Treat, Stranger Things, Poltergeist, Halloween, and Terror Tram. Poltergeist was the winner of the night for sure, but compared to the video of Orlando I watched, doesn't even come close to that masterpiece. Terror Tram is literally (I really mean it) a waste of time unless the wait is 15 minutes or less.

Quite frankly I can't see myself going back to HHN Hollywood. The quality and experience do not compare to what is offered in Orlando. I was offended by all the black walls/blank space that they left in all the houses, and I learned that this was the first year they started selling actual booze... but only in two places, so you have to wait (surprise) 20 minutes to get it. Plus, 160 dollars for an express pass that is basically essential to see everything? No thanks. At least offer me boozey blood bags while I wait 90 minutes for a haunted house! 

Are they going through growing pains or something? Orlando really is top dog in all aspects. This was my first year going here in Hollywood and man... I was not impressed in the slightest. Watching some videos of Orlando really made me miss it over there.

Edited by Goo

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to go yesterday (Thursday 9/27), but couldn't get out of work in time for the free parking.

I tracked the wait times through the night using the app, and the place was a ghost town!

7PM - 5-10 minute wait for everything

Through 8:30 - 20 min H4, 15 min Monsters; otherwise 5-10 for everything

From 10PM onward it was really weird.  It was as if there was a roaming hoard moving from house to house.  Everything was 5-10 except where the roaming hoard went, it would be 45 min.

So you would see Purge go to 45 min for about 20 min, then drop to 5 min, and Poltergeist would go to 45 min, then drop to 5 min, then Blumhouse go to 45 min.  But everything else 5-10 min.

Then at the end of the evening, H4 spiked as everyone was leaving.

Would have been a hell of a night to go.  I think 10/4 and 11/1 may be the last nights like that.

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

I was going to go yesterday (Thursday 9/27), but couldn't get out of work in time for the free parking.

I tracked the wait times through the night using the app, and the place was a ghost town!

7PM - 5-10 minute wait for everything

Through 8:30 - 20 min H4, 15 min Monsters; otherwise 5-10 for everything

From 10PM onward it was really weird.  It was as if there was a roaming hoard moving from house to house.  Everything was 5-10 except where the roaming hoard went, it would be 45 min.

So you would see Purge go to 45 min for about 20 min, then drop to 5 min, and Poltergeist would go to 45 min, then drop to 5 min, then Blumhouse go to 45 min.  But everything else 5-10 min.

Then at the end of the evening, H4 spiked as everyone was leaving.

Would have been a hell of a night to go.  I think 10/4 and 11/1 may be the last nights like that.

I have no idea why (other than the IP is hot, I guess?), but First Purge has been consistently outperforming Poltergeist and Blumhouse on the Metro... regularly commands a 40+ minute wait when the rest of the park is dead (and, based on my glances, seems like it's an accurate estimate).

Last night was definitely weird, though, with that heavy onslaught of each maze that quickly dissipated. Was strange seeing Stranger at a 10 minute wait most of the night. Seems like ticket sales may be a bit soft...

49 minutes ago, Fallow said:

I have no idea why (other than the IP is hot, I guess?), but First Purge has been consistently outperforming Poltergeist and Blumhouse on the Metro... regularly commands a 40+ minute wait when the rest of the park is dead (and, based on my glances, seems like it's an accurate estimate).

Last night was definitely weird, though, with that heavy onslaught of each maze that quickly dissipated. Was strange seeing Stranger at a 10 minute wait most of the night. Seems like ticket sales may be a bit soft...

They do have the entrance sign closer to the exit of Holidayz in Hell than I remember.  So it's the first thing people see as they exit the zone.   And you don't really see Blumhouse until you're leaving Metro.  Othwerwise, I got nothing.  I mean, in my opinion, this is the best Purge house so far, counting both coasts, but I don't go out of my way for the Purge, so, yeah, I don't get it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zombieman said:

They do have the entrance sign closer to the exit of Holidayz in Hell than I remember.  So it's the first thing people see as they exit the zone.   And you don't really see Blumhouse until you're leaving Metro.  Othwerwise, I got nothing.  I mean, in my opinion, this is the best Purge house so far, counting both coasts, but I don't go out of my way for the Purge, so, yeah, I don't get it.

Oh, that's interesting... didn't realize they moved up the entrance sign. Previously the AHS slot has been far more prominent/the most "obvious" maze exiting the zone, so it would make sense that people naturally flow into Purge, the exit of which leads to Poltergeist, then filter into Blumhouse on their way back.