Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I'm going to need to call them since I'd VIP only if the front line was multiple uses.

It's one time use, someone asked during the panel!

Their prices are too steep, IMO. Gonna wait this one out and hear what people say.

20 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

It's one time use, someone asked during the panel!

Their prices are too steep, IMO. Gonna wait this one out and hear what people say.

Whoa!  That's way to steep for me, considering it has been mentioned that they don't have 5 actual houses; two are more experiences.

However, that does give people who purchase VIP true exclusivity. 

I'll still go, but $86 for a basic ticket is higher than most HHN killer deals nights.  I better not see a single black hallway...

1 hour ago, DRLOTS said:

@zombieman I agree Knott's had a very successful year last year especially with Dark Ride, I'm interested to see what they do this year...

Me too!  Especially with no Jon Cooke around anymore

16 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Well thats your own stupidity. 

They have their main headquarters downtown, but they do have offices on the Warner Lot. Also "first look" means nothing more than "Universal gets to see it first & decide if they want to distribute it or not.

Correction. They will only have 3 mazes, a Terror Tram, & a 4D experience. The Exorcist is NOT a maze. They will be showing roughly 8-10mins worth of the best scenes from the film & include special effects while you're watching it inside of a church.

Poltergeist still has not been announced. Whatever is in Waterworld hasn't been announced. Blumhouse hasn't been announced. So its not like any of those are advertised IPs... and could easily bite the bullet like Scream in Orlando.

Correction. The ONLY maze that is "guided" will be the Conjuring because it will be with a paranormal investigator. Georgie will probably play more interactive role this time around rather than guide since they don't want a repeat of what they did before. The whole point of limited tickets is so they can pulse the line so each group can enjoy the maze.

i checked through the whole entire blumhouse film library and [gasp] OWO WHAT"S THIS? about 29 [30 if you count internationally] universal films distrubited and just only 1 Warner bros film [the forgettable gallows]. guess which one they like more?

also isn't it weird how you didn't quote the part where i said the address to the blumhouse productions building? https://www.yellowpages.com/los-angeles-ca/mip/blumhouse-productions-480692827. almost like you wanted to prove a point but remove evidence. btw where did you get your evidence from since i checked every square bit of the internet and there's no blumhouse offices in wb lot.

[also just because you're v.i.p doesn't mean you can criticize every single thing. we don't want a new criticalanalysis]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, dykealiscious said:

I got the day/night combo pass to HHN on cheap nights for $92 last year. Yeah.....not gonna pay $85 for an unknown with no rides and stuff but if it gets better, years to come, I might pay like 60.

every year I tell myself this is finally the year where I get a front-of-the-line pass for HHN! But every year I can't do it, I can't bring myself to spend like 280$ just for one night at HHN, luckily I still get everything done and one night without a front of the line pass, I was talking to my friend about WB and we were both wondering where they're going to park everyone, do they have a parking space sufficient enough to handle all those people?

30 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Whoa!  That's way to steep for me, considering it has been mentioned that they don't have 5 actual houses; two are more experiences.

However, that does give people who purchase VIP true exclusivity. 

I'll still go, but $86 for a basic ticket is higher than most HHN killer deals nights.  I better not see a single black hallway...

Me too!  Especially with no Jon Cooke around anymore

Yes exactly! He made the best mazes that they have three 

I just purchased my tickets for the WB Studio Horror Tour.  I got opening night, Oct. 5th, for $59 and no tax.  I'm going to wait on HHN tickets as I might get the multi-night pass.

Also, according to the ticket, the parking is at WB Gate 8 located at 6510 Forest Lawn Dr. for a fee of $15.

Edited by Hanniel
more info

4 minutes ago, Hanniel said:

I just purchased my tickets for the WB Studio Horror Tour.  I got opening night, Oct. 5th, for $59 and no tax.  I'm going to wait on HHN tickets as I might get the multi-night pass.

I purchased a multi-night pass 2 years ago and I absolutely loved it, even though you can't go on most Fridays and Saturdays, it's actually better because you can go on Thursdays and Sundays when typically is less busy

Does anyone know if Horror Nights is going into November this year??

Edited by DRLOTS

A few quick clarifying points, since I'm seeing some confusion...

--Blumhouse only has one set of offices in Koreatown, near Downtown. They do not operate offices on any studio lot.

--I think the confusion stems from people associating James Wan (creator of the Insidious franchise, among others) with Blumhouse. James Wan's production company, Atomic Monster (responsible primarily for The Conjuring universe), maintains offices on the Warner Bros lot. They are separate from Blumhouse.

--Blumhouse carries a lucrative "first-look" deal with Universal Pictures. This is a common mechanism in the industry in which a studio invests an agreed-upon amount of money annually to a production company in exchange for the privilege of having "first dibs" on any project they pitch or make. If Universal passes (and they have), Blumhouse is free to take their projects anywhere else - including Warner Bros. This obviously precludes franchises that began before that first-look deal, including Paranormal Activity or its sequels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fallow said:

A few quick clarifying points, since I'm seeing some confusion...

--Blumhouse only has one set of offices in Koreatown, near Downtown. They do not operate offices on any studio lot.

--I think the confusion stems from people associating James Wan (creator of the Insidious franchise, among others) with Blumhouse. James Wan's production company, Atomic Monster (responsible primarily for The Conjuring universe), maintains offices on the Warner Bros lot. They are separate from Blumhouse.

--Blumhouse carries a lucrative "first-look" deal with Universal Pictures. This is a common mechanism in the industry in which a studio invests an agreed-upon amount of money annually to a production company in exchange for the privilege of having "first dibs" on any project they pitch or make. If Universal passes (and they have), Blumhouse is free to take their projects anywhere else - including Warner Bros. This obviously precludes franchises that began before that first-look deal, including Paranormal Activity or its sequels.

thank you

2 hours ago, themazethinker said:
2 hours ago, themazethinker said:

[also just because you're v.i.p doesn't mean you can criticize every single thing. we don't want a new criticalanalysis]

CORRECTION: Bring a VIP means you HAVE to be critical of everything everyone says.   Always.

That was a joke BTW.  I don't know what makes someone a VIP.  I didn't realize I was one until your post.  I think maybe people who spout the most news (or fake news) are VIPs.

It took me many years to learn that this forum has a wonder little feature called Ignore.  Just hover over someone's icon and it will present you with an ignore option. 

However, if someone quotes someone you ignore, the quote will still be visible.

Great.  Now that you all know this, no one will ever read what I have to say anymore...

giphy.gif

Oh wait!  This is the HOLLYWOOD speculation forum, which only, like, four people read.  Whew!

1 hour ago, Hanniel said:

Also, according to the ticket, the parking is at WB Gate 8 located at 6510 Forest Lawn Dr. for a fee of $15.

Cool!  I just went to the site and tried all of the dates.

Here is the pricing for standard admission:

First Friday: $59

First Saturday: $79

All other Fridays: $79

All other Saturdays: $86

Sundays: $79

Thursdays: $76

The Loser's Club VIP is $169 for all dates.  That especially sucks, as it is a $90 cost on peak nights, but $110 cost on what should be the slowest night.

But you know what sucks more?  We are still talking about the Warner Bothers event and not HHN on the Hollywood forum because they are telling us nothing...

• Like 1

$59? Alright, I could do that, guess that's the only day I'm going because God knows I ain't paying anything more than that lol

Thanks for the details Zombieman!

P.S. I would still read your posts! You have one of the most respected voices of veterans in the Haunt community, imo. Your undying commitment to events, even if if you hate them, and to seek new Haunts is unmatched. With some of the best detailed reviews, I always look forward to what you have to say, even if 50/50 I disagree wholeheartedly with what you have to say, your opinion is still respectable, intelligent, and valid.

P.S.S. HHN truly is dropping the ball. If they had any sense, they would've dropped their announcements at the same time instead of letting WB steal the thunder. It's letting them create a lot of buzz in this meantime. And apparently selling tickets.

@zombieman I honestly didn't think anyone posted on here anymore besides me and like 2 other people! Yeah I was like 89$?? Forget that! That's more than I usually pay for HHN! 59$ sounds alot better though thank you for all the information I appreciate it

It is pretty sad that we have to talk about WB because we have nothing for HHN to talk about, just all blind guesses and big hopes

So far everyone who posts on here has been pretty civil and respectful, to me anyways

Just want to chime in on the whole office location debate. I work in the industry and production companies can have tons of offices all over the place. I’ve worked with production companies that have a main office in Santa Monica but my office was in Burbank. So it’s possible that blumhouse has an office for one of their departments on the WB lot, but offices used on backlots are usually temporary

Murdy just stated in a Twitter Q&A that a scarezone called "Hells Harvest" will have chainsaw guys.  Sounds like it may be similar to "The Harvest" scarezone announced for Orlando, but maybe it'll be different.

Also, Murdy confirmed dates in November for HHN.

Edited by Hanniel

3 hours ago, DRLOTS said:

These photos were taking yesterday of the Rumored Blumhouse 2.0 and The FIrst Purge via Twitter @Miahhn13GfDIWiA.jpg6NHDqZa.jpg

Also taken yesterday this photo of the Rumored Poltergiet Maze by @mr_hhn ZYpM9r3.jpg

What if th Blumhouse theater is being used again, but as a facade for Halloween? They can easily use it and put at the front “Blumhouse presents: Halloween” or “A Blumhouse Halloween”. 

In other contruction videos it looks like there is going to be another facade inside, what if that’ll be the main Halloween facade once inside?? 

@dykealiscious yes it is! It's been rumored that It was Poltergeist for a while but now that we can actually see the house facade, I am pretty sure it's going to be Poltergeist.

@aam1995yes my thoughts exactly! I have been saying that it is going to be a surprise maze for a while now, I want it to be the new Halloween so badly

I'm having issues with my screenshot uploading, but someone posted on Twitter that a hotel leaked the promo art for HHN Orlando, which included Stranger Things, Poltergeist and Halloween 4. HHN has marketed shared properties on their merch and promo the last few years so this pretty much confirms our fate as well. I'm disappointed with Halloween 4 personally but it's Michael so I'll have fun with it. If anyone can upload that tweet here that'd be awesome!

Edited by dereksdominance
  • Like 1

@dereksdominance I'm about to upload it right now! 

xe5i4bx.jpg @dereksdominance here ya go! i dont even know or understand how this could leak, the photo the guy posted said hes staying with some family in Orlando and this ad popped up while they were staying in their room... i mean its not 100% yet but this pretty much confirms the rumors of Poltegiest and Halloween 4 coming to Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood as well as Orlando, im stoked for Poltergiest but ive personally never seen Halloween 4, I just assumed they were all garbage after Halloween 3

RNv4xi3.jpg

Edited by DRLOTS