HHN 27 Discussion

Mark M.

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

I'm thinking this might be the case as well. A Dark Universe walk though experience that they can amp up during HHN. 

This theory actually makes more sense since aren't we supposed to lose three house locations due to Nintendo World construction (tents & parade building)? Adding a year-round haunt (whether it be temporary or permanent) would make up for at least one of the missing house locations.

13 hours ago, Vampyr said:

This theory actually makes more sense since aren't we supposed to lose three house locations due to Nintendo World construction (tents & parade building)? Adding a year-round haunt (whether it be temporary or permanent) would make up for at least one of the missing house locations.

Well actually my dear HHN fanboy, a new concept art has emerged and it is showing that yes, the parade building will be demolished for Nintendo, however, the two tents are indeed safe! And a new parade building is actually planned to be built back there as the new house location!

Favorite Houses

HHN 21- Nightengales: Blood Prey

HHN 22- Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas 3D

HHN 23- The Cabin in the Woods

HHN 24- Halloween

HHN 25- Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem

HHN 26- Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield

Edited by HHN Pro
To add favorite houses

IMPORTANT NOTICE

As I'm sure you're all well aware, Hurricane Irma is quickly approaching the state of Florida. It's a VERY powerful and dangerous storm and will cause widespread devastation. Most of us here on HNN live someone in Florida and are bracing for the worst. Some have evacuated the state and others are barricading and locking themselves in their homes. Now during the next 2 days many of us will lose power and it's expected to take at least a couple days before it's restored. During this time many of your fellow HNN Members and Staff will be absent from the forums as they will have no internet access. PLEASE be on your BEST BEHAVIOR during this time. Hurricane Irma will effect people in different ways and you don't know what someone might be going through at that time so be RESPECTFUL of others. 

To our friends, fans & family in FL please be safe during Hurricane Irma. We hope to see everyone at HHN 27 next week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

When you have power restored, maybe a thread where people can let us know they are safe?  Thinking of you all and sending all my love and good thoughts.

4 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I'm fine, my house never even lost power and no damage done to the house. Not too bad at all for us really. Hope everybody else here is safe and doing well too! 

We're good over here, not much damage other than a few shingles flying from a neighbor and some limbs. Power was only out for about 4 hours last night. Water was off for a little longer. Hope everyone else is as well off!

• Like 1

From the Universal Facebook Page 

"Our thoughts go out to all those impacted by Hurricane Irma and we stand ready to help our community recover.

Our destination saw relatively minor damage overnight involving fences, trees, signage and building facades.  We are hard at work inside our parks and we can confirm an on-time opening for Tuesday at 9am for Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay.   In addition, we can confirm that our Halloween Horror Nights event will begin as scheduled this Friday.

For more details, visit us at http://bit.ly/2eZPTNm."

• Like 4

I live in Naples and evacuated to Orlando for the storm. Although Naples seems to have gotten some of the worst of the storm, all my friends and family have been spared anything substantial besides some pool cages and fences. Power is out and will be out for who knows how long, but all things considered this in my opinion, this could have been much worse.

• Like 2

Glad to hear everybody is doing well!

25 minutes ago, Thatsmygold222 said:

From the Universal Facebook Page 

"Our thoughts go out to all those impacted by Hurricane Irma and we stand ready to help our community recover.

Our destination saw relatively minor damage overnight involving fences, trees, signage and building facades.  We are hard at work inside our parks and we can confirm an on-time opening for Tuesday at 9am for Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay.   In addition, we can confirm that our Halloween Horror Nights event will begin as scheduled this Friday.

For more details, visit us at http://bit.ly/2eZPTNm."

Glad that the resort made it through the storm with minor damage. I'm sure they are already hard at work at getting everything set back up for HHN right now. I'm interested to know how the pumpkins in the trees fared. Any word on if the employee preview will still happen on Wednesday night? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I have heard the corn is safe

I've been following the corn grow since they planted it, so that's great to hear. I think it was a fantastic gesture by creative to put a literal organic idea into the creation of a maze and to imagine it getting destroyed made me somewhat sad. It's actually pretty disgusting how much I thought about the corn over the course of the hurricane; hoping it was ok.

Also, employee preview is still a go.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 3

On 9/7/2017 at 6:26 PM, Badge said:

A "all-new live action experience" is an interesting choice of words. It doesn't say show. A year round haunt is very much a "live action experience". Going to be really interesting to see what they do.

My fear is that it will be based on Pitch Perfect. With the two films grossing over $400 million combined and a new film set to be released soon, there's too much money in the banana stand, for it to be left behind. The location of it and the fact they're going to be getting rid of the play area in lieu of Nintendo, makes me think they're going to try and insert a more kid friendly "high energy" show in that area. Also, since they have the Horror Make-Up Show on that same street, a horror attraction is probably not in the works, unfortunately.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I've been following the corn grow since they planted it, so that's great to hear. I think it was a fantastic gesture by creative to put a literal organic idea into the creation of a maze and to imagine it getting destroyed made me somewhat sad. It's actually pretty disgusting how much I thought about the corn over the course of the hurricane; hoping it was ok.

Also, employee preview is still a go.

I was also worried about the corn, and i even tweeted at Mike to see if it's ok (no response). Also, im glad the EP is still a go! This means i can still go through the annual routine of stalking twitter on wednesday :lol:

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

My fear is that it will be based on Pitch Perfect. With the two films grossing over $400 million combined and a new film set to be released soon, there's too much money in the banana stand, for it to be left behind. The location of it and the fact they're going to be getting rid of the play area in lieu of Nintendo, makes me think they're going to try and insert a more kid friendly "high energy" show in that area. Also, since they have the Horror Make-Up Show on that same street, a horror attraction is probably not in the works, unfortunately.

That wouldn't make any sense at all pitch perfect if anything, would be an outdoor show on the streets.