HHN 27 Discussion

Mark M.

Soooo... since everything is revealed, everyone is quiet except about the possible storm?  Come on.. we have to talk about something.  We are 9 days away, and I'm beyond excited.  I could talk HHN all day.

Also - why haven't you all posted your pics in the thread started for it?  I'd love to put faces to names - provided I can keep track.    Matt... coming for you, bud. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Pun intended?

What can I say, I'm just a corny person.

19 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Soooo... since everything is revealed, everyone is quiet except about the possible storm?  Come on.. we have to talk about something.  We are 9 days away, and I'm beyond excited.  I could talk HHN all day.

Also - why haven't you all posted your pics in the thread started for it?  I'd love to put faces to names - provided I can keep track.    Matt... coming for you, bud. :)

I think there's a few reasons for that but all storm related.

1. The people living in Florida have bigger concerns with a Category 3-4 hurricane heading straight for them. The last thing on our minds is HHN right now.

2. Scarezone construction has basically stopped for now because of RTU. In fact scarezone deconstruction has already started in preparation of the hurricane.

3. Everyone flying into Florida for opening weekend is concerned about travel plans. "Will they cancel my flight? Will they change my flight? Is it even worth going now?"

It just all comes down to priorities and for most people Hurricane Irma is #1 on that list right now. Come Wednesday I'm sure this forum will be a buzz about Employee Preview, if it's not canceled because of the hurricane that is. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'll bring up a topic that I don't think has been covered here yet...

When we signed up for the Soul Collector's program (during the countdown at least), they mentioned that we may receive something in the mail that helped identify us as Soul Collectors.

I'm assuming that no one has received anything yet, otherwise it would be all over the boards. Realistically, they have to get everything sent out by mid-this week (really today) in order for it to hit mail boxes in the US in time for opening night.

Any thoughts on what (if anything) we might be getting? My guess was a lanyard, but I've also seen an RFID card mentioned; which I like the idea of as well.

• Like 1

I'd be happy but surprised to receive anything from USF.  At most I think it would be a lanyard.   I doubt they would send 43,000+ ppl a tshirt.  

>  From http://attractionsmagazine.com/universal-orlando-soul-collectors-halloween-horror-nights-27/

Guests who sign up now will also enjoy special in-park perks and other exclusive items and prizes throughout the event.

If you signed up before the clock expired on August 2, then, Those who register can download Halloween Horror Nights digital wallpaper, and may also receive an item identifying you as a member of the Elite Legion, or an opportunity to be a part of the Soul Collector Social Media Meet-Up, as well as additional rewards.

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I'll bring up a topic that I don't think has been covered here yet...

When we signed up for the Soul Collector's program (during the countdown at least), they mentioned that we may receive something in the mail that helped identify us as Soul Collectors.

I'm assuming that no one has received anything yet, otherwise it would be all over the boards. Realistically, they have to get everything sent out by mid-this week (really today) in order for it to hit mail boxes in the US in time for opening night.

Any thoughts on what (if anything) we might be getting? My guess was a lanyard, but I've also seen an RFID card mentioned; which I like the idea of as well.

I completely forgot about that.  I never even received a confirmation email for it, so I wasn't holding my breath.  It would be nice to get SOMETHING.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

What can I say, I'm just a corny person.

I think there's a few reasons for that but all storm related.

1. The people living in Florida have bigger concerns with a Category 3-4 hurricane heading straight for them. The last thing on our minds is HHN right now.

2. Scarezone construction has basically stopped for now because of RTU. In fact scarezone deconstruction has already started in preparation of the hurricane.

3. Everyone flying into Florida for opening weekend is concerned about travel plans. "Will they cancel my flight? Will they change my flight? Is it even worth going now?"

It just all comes down to priorities and for most people Hurricane Irma is #1 on that list right now. Come Wednesday I'm sure this forum will be a buzz about Employee Preview, if it's not canceled because of the hurricane that is. 

I apologize.  I didn't mean to be an insensitive jackass.  I am sure you are all worried.  I keep hoping the latest info is right and it may veer to the east and miss most of Florida.  We are scheduled to fly down a week from tomorrow for opening weekend, and, by god, that's what we'll be doing.  This hurricane can just piss off already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Matt... coming for you, bud. :)

Think pretty much everything is coming for me! Even started getting creepy tweets from a scarecrow on twitter haha. But yes, let's do a few houses and get some twisted taters :D. Anyone else welcome to join me too, more the merrier. 

Can't wait to get there and experience it first hand (2 weeks tomorrow for me). Just hoping Irma buggers off sooner rather than later, and everyone affected is safe and not too badly impacted. 

Oh and José can just do one. One hurricane is one too many!

• Like 1

I'm sure once RTU is over (if it even happens with the weather) and the streets get back to normal, the talk will shift back to HHN. For now, everybody should be focused on getting ready for Irma. As somebody who just made it through Harvey but is still having a hard time finding grocery items almost a week later, you need to get prepared now before it's too late! Nobody ever expected the forecast of TWO YEARS worth of rain falling in 5 days could ever happen...but it did and it was awful. Today was the first day it rained since Harvey and I was terrified. It's going to be awhile before I am ok with small rainstorms again. The almost daily rainstorms that FL gets are going to be interesting for me considering I head down in 3 weeks. With one of the largest Hurricanes in recorded history barreling towards Florida, things like HHN have to get put on hold. If you live in Florida, please stay safe and stock up on food, water and gas before it's to late!

• Like 1

Since we're so slow at the moment, and at the risk of turning this into an AHS thread, I thought I'd see if anyone watched the AHS: Cult premier the other night?

I have a love/hate relationship with the show, and skipped last season entirely.

But, I have to say, if they can keep the focus that they did with this episode; I may be in for the entire season.

There was even a "Made for HHN" scene already featured. (The supermarket for those of you that watched).

• Like 1

Not really related to HHN27 so mods feel free to move or delete....but since it was part of the speculation thread before, T2: 3D is officially closing October 8th.

Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Studios Florida will run its last shows on Sunday, Oct. 8 to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It will open in 2019. This is one of many exciting new experiences coming to Universal Orlando Resort as we continue our epic growth.

http://www.slashfilm.com/terminator-2-3d-closing-at-universal-studios-florida/

26 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Not really related to HHN27 so mods feel free to move or delete....but since it was part of the speculation thread before, T2: 3D is officially closing October 8th.

Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Studios Florida will run its last shows on Sunday, Oct. 8 to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It will open in 2019. This is one of many exciting new experiences coming to Universal Orlando Resort as we continue our epic growth.

A "all-new live action experience" is an interesting choice of words. It doesn't say show. A year round haunt is very much a "live action experience". Going to be really interesting to see what they do.

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Is there any spec for this ride (I understand this isn't actually the thread for it, remove/move to the right location if needed)  as in which "high-energy" Universal franchise?

19 minutes ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

Is there any spec for this ride (I understand this isn't actually the thread for it, remove/move to the right location if needed)  as in which "high-energy" Universal franchise?

Bourne has been speculated, possibly James Bond if Uni gets the rights to the next film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

Not a "ride" but a live action experience.  I automatically assumed TWD, but that's not a UNIVERSAL Franchise.  Probably Despicable Me...doubt Bourne (that would have to be an outdoor stunt show, right?) and they don't own Bond at this point.  The wording is definitely interesting.

Feel bad for starting this conversation here, but ass-u-me'd it meant The Walking Dead until re-read and saw the key "Universal Franchise" part.  Maybe, just maybe, it's a Mummy or Universal Monster / Dark Universe (or whatever they're calling it) show?  That could be interesting.  The Mummy only made $80M in North America, but over $400M world wide and should make a killing on VoD/Streaming/Blu/4K/DVD/Rental/etc.  

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mummy2016.htm

Edited by Oysterhead00

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Not a "ride" but a live action experience.  I automatically assumed TWD, but that's not a UNIVERSAL Franchise.  Probably Despicable Me...doubt Bourne (that would have to be an outdoor stunt show, right?) and they don't own Bond at this point.  The wording is definitely interesting.

Feel bad for starting this conversation here, but ass-u-me'd it meant The Walking Dead until re-read and saw the key "Universal Franchise" part.  Maybe, just maybe, it's a Mummy or Universal Monster / Dark Universe (or whatever they're calling it) show?  That could be interesting.  The Mummy only made $80M in North America, but over $400M world wide and should make a killing on VoD/Streaming/Blu/4K/DVD/Rental/etc.  

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mummy2016.htm

Man I knew that too (the ride thing) sorry! But they already have Despicable Me Minion Mayhem right down the way from T2. 

And they already have the Mummy ride, would they really do another Mummy theme?

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Bourne has been speculated, possibly James Bond if Uni gets the rights to the next film.

How would they do that? (I've only seen the latest Bourne).

1 hour ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

Man I knew that too (the ride thing) sorry! But they already have Despicable Me Minion Mayhem right down the way from T2. 

And they already have the Mummy ride, would they really do another Mummy theme?

How would they do that? (I've only seen the latest Bourne).

Action stunt show basically. 

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Personally I think it's going to be the dark universe. It wouldn't take too long to sort the building out for a live action show, so why such a long delay? Maybe to allow the dark universe franchise time to really take off and get more films out?

I'm thinking this might be the case as well. A Dark Universe walk though experience that they can amp up during HHN. They could even use it as a "Live Trailer" in a way. If they plan it right, they can set aside a decent portion of the building for expansion and work on construction of new ares based on upcoming films at night while still keeping the experience open to day guests and then come opening night of HHN, they can open up the new area of the house based on an upcoming Dark Universe film.