HHN 27 Discussion

Mark M.

Long time lurker here! Been lurking on this site for the past 3 years to find out the newest info on HHN! I travel from Portland Oregon every year since 2013 to go to HHN and I can't be more excited about the original house lineup this year. Just wanted to officially drop in and join the Horror night nightmares family! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Thatsmygold222 said:

Long time lurker here! Been lurking on this site for the past 3 years to find out the newest info on HHN! I travel from Portland Oregon every year since 2013 to go to HHN and I can't be more excited about the original house lineup this year. Just wanted to officially drop in and join the Horror night nightmares family! 

Welcome friendo! I love your username; that's my favorite hhn joke lol
Glad to have another member of the community

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thatsmygold222 said:

9 hours ago, duh1011 said:

Welcome friendo! I love your username; that's my favorite hhn joke lol
Glad to have another member of the community

Don't forget the "UNGHHH"

11 hours ago, Thatsmygold222 said:

I'm also a long time lurker! I finally got the guts to join lol I'm super excited about the original lineup this year, as well! More excited than past years. It took forever for them to release things, but in the end it's alright. How do you guys feel about the lack of an icon this year? Honestly, I'm not too upset about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bbbritney said:

I'm also a long time lurker! I finally got the guts to join lol I'm super excited about the original lineup this year, as well! More excited than past years. It took forever for them to release things, but in the end it's alright. How do you guys feel about the lack of an icon this year? Honestly, I'm not too upset about it.

I have a theory.

The theory is that there is a "head of household" per house and that character will be one of four icons they'll be using to headline the event in the future. The Voodoo Queen for Dead Waters, Nathaniel Crow for The Reaping and we'll start to learn the other two names of the "heads of household" for the other two houses. I feel like Universal has used the classic icons for awhile now and their "Festival of the Deadliest" is the way of introducing us to new icons.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Just now, Ringwraith said:

I have a theory.

The theory is that there is a "head of household" per house and that character will be one of four icons they'll be using to headline the event in the future. The Voodoo Queen for Dead Waters, Nathaniel Crow for The Reaping and we'll start to learn the other two names of the "heads of household" for the other two houses. I feel like Universal has used the classic icons for awhile now and their "Festival of the Deadliest" is the way of introducing us to new icons.

Just a thought.

Oh, wow! What an interesting thought. And after reading it, I wouldn't say you're too far off. It sounds totally plausible. I hope that's what's actually going to happen, because it's a fantastic idea.

13 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I have a theory.

Just a thought.

Alt description for Hive does support this.

Don't Stir The Bloodsuckers Within
In the small village of Carey, OH, thecrumbling house on 19 Hemingway Lane hides dark secrets. Back in the 70s, a wealthyphilanthropist, Nicodemus Felling, bought the property and watches over it still. But now the house now harbors a nest of bloodthirsty vampires. And if you are foolish enough to awaken them, you will find no semblance of charm, only a savage, bestial hunger.

Just now, ForeverEvil1 said:

In the small village of Carey, OH, thecrumbling house on 19 Hemingway Lane hides dark secrets. Back in the 70s, a wealthyphilanthropist, Nicodemus Felling, bought the property and watches over it still. But now the house now harbors a nest of bloodthirsty vampires. And if you are foolish enough to awaken them, you will find no semblance of charm, only a savage, bestial hunger.

I didn't see that! Where is this description?

Looks like they snuck the event hours onto the site.  Apologize if someone already posted elsewhere, but didn't see them:

6:30PM - 1:00AM

Sept. 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, 30, 31, Nov. 3, 4

6:30PM - 2:00AM

Sept. 29, 30, Oct. 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29

Edited by Oysterhead00
Added link
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

How does that not support the theory?

4 minutes ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

What do you guys think is going to happen with Irma heading this way? Will they take down the houses and such?

SS, Shrek, and Parade besides the facade should be fine if it does go over. Apparently the first two tents are hurricane proof or at least made to survive them. Once again, facades in danger. MIB Tent might have some trouble though.

This is all assuming there is no floods.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

What do you guys think is going to happen with Irma heading this way? Will they take down the houses and such?

All of the house locations, with the exception of Blumhouse, have been through a storm in the past. Blumhouse is  a temporary tent, so i'm not sure what the state laws are regarding buildings  of that nature. House flooding has happened in the past so i'm sure they will get them prepared with a lot of sandbags! Most of the outdoor stuff will be removed if a direct hit will happen. Last year they worked at lighting speeds to take down all the major elements before a much smaller storm was approaching. The entire AoV/Rock the Universe stage was lowered to the ground. With Rock the Universe this weekend, it's going to be to very interesting. I'm sure Universal is watching the weather VERY closely because come Thursday or Friday, RTU might get canceled and all the stages will have to get removed ASAP.

Granted, it's been a VERY long time since a Cat. 5 has hit the US so if Irma doesn't decrease and decides really go after Orlando, who knows what will really happen. You can build things to withstand 180+ MPH winds but toss in other conditions and you just never know. All the teams at Universal have their work cut out for them the next few days for sure!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Badge said:

All of the house locations, with the exception of Blumhouse, have been through a storm in the past. Blumhouse is  a temporary tent, so i'm not sure what the state laws are regarding buildings  of that nature. House flooding has happened in the past so i'm sure they will get them prepared with a lot of sandbags! Most of the outdoor stuff will be removed if a direct hit will happen. Last year they worked at lighting speeds to take down all the major elements before a much smaller storm was approaching. The entire AoV/Rock the Universe stage was lowered to the ground. With Rock the Universe this weekend, it's going to be to very interesting. I'm sure Universal is watching the weather VERY closely because come Thursday or Friday, RTU might get canceled and all the stages will have to get removed ASAP.

Granted, it's been a VERY long time since a Cat. 5 has hit the US so if Irma doesn't decrease and decides really go after Orlando, who knows what will really happen. You can build things to withstand 180+ MPH winds but toss in other conditions and you just never know. All the teams at Universal have their work cut out for them the next few days for sure!

I would say that no one would be sad if Blumhouse got scrapped, but I'm concerned about them finding somewhere else for the actors hired for it if it does. Hey, Legacy did say that the houses this year would especially rely on cast, so Blumhouse scrapped = more actors/house? Trying to find a silver lining to Irma.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I would say that no one would be sad if Blumhouse got scrapped, but I'm concerned about them finding somewhere else for the actors hired for it if it does. Hey, Legacy did say that the houses this year would especially rely on cast, so Blumhouse scrapped = more actors/house? Trying to find a silver lining to Irma.

one less house means longer lines... come on lol