The Fallen

Ringwraith

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

Hoping you can help me understand something about this house.

I went in Seprember - super early in the year.  I LOVED this one, as did many based on the other reviews I read.

However, near the end of the season, I heard on a lot of podcasts that this house went downhill as much as Hive increased in intensity.

Can anyone who went into the Fallen at both the beginning and end of the season elaborate on what happened?

I heard something that I just don't buy - that half the cast quit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Hey all,

Hoping you can help me understand something about this house.

I went in Seprember - super early in the year.  I LOVED this one, as did many based on the other reviews I read.

However, near the end of the season, I heard on a lot of podcasts that this house went downhill as much as Hive increased in intensity.

Can anyone who went into the Fallen at both the beginning and end of the season elaborate on what happened?

I heard something that I just don't buy - that half the cast quit.  

I heard half the cast got sick.

48 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

I heard half the cast got sick.

I guess you mean they had "Fallen" ill?  <Rim shot>

The makeup area must be a hotzone when people are contagious but not showing symptoms.  Makes me wonder if a makeup artist was the origin...

• Like 2

On 6/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, zombieman said:

I guess you mean they had "Fallen" ill?  <Rim shot>

The makeup area must be a hotzone when people are contagious but not showing symptoms.  Makes me wonder if a makeup artist was the origin...

"Patient Zero," if you will. ;)

Was the first half of the house always as empty as it was towards the end of the run? I'm not sure if that was the result of sickness or the rumored editing.

Last year's flu was REALLY, REALLY bad. I got the flu shot and still got a mild version of the flu (probably thanks to the shot) from mid-December to mid-January--an ENTIRE MONTH. My dad, who also got the shot, got the full blast and even fainted from it. Ugh.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

"Patient Zero," if you will. ;)

Was the first half of the house always as empty as it was towards the end of the run? I'm not sure if that was the result of sickness or the rumored editing.

Last year's flu was REALLY, REALLY bad. I got the flu shot and still got a mild version of the flu (probably thanks to the shot) from mid-December to mid-January--an ENTIRE MONTH. My dad, who also got the shot, got the full blast and even fainted from it. Ugh.

Now you see - "rumored editing".  What did you hear?  I didn't think the flu was the only issue.

The house seemed reasonably staffed at the start of the run.  Everything hinged on those final three alcoves, though.  I heard that by the end they didn't have three stunt people staffed at the same time

6 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Now you see - "rumored editing".  What did you hear?  I didn't think the flu was the only issue.

The house seemed reasonably staffed at the start of the run.  Everything hinged on those final three alcoves, though.  I heard that by the end they didn't have three stunt people staffed at the same time

According to Ringwraith in his review, an exec made them remove references to "angels" out of fear of offending religious nuts. And given how nebulous the story of that house seemed to be, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

9 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

According to Ringwraith in his review, an exec made them remove references to "angels" out of fear of offending religious nuts. And given how nebulous the story of that house seemed to be, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

That doesn't sound like a difficult edit.  One of the angels had their wings already cut off.  And just change the rest to demons.

"The Fallen - Now with 50% more Demons!".

I can't recall any other part that was overtly "angel like".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zombieman said:

That doesn't sound like a difficult edit.  One of the angels had their wings already cut off.  And just change the rest to demons.

"The Fallen - Now with 50% more Demons!".

I can't recall any other part that was overtly "angel like".

What they COULD'VE done if that story were true would be to do a Paradise Lost-ish house. Legacy had an idea for a PL zone many years back:

On 10/9/2013 at 11:28 AM, Legacy said:

Paradise Lost - The Mel's Entrance to Central Park features the statue of an angel, weilding a flaming sword overhead. As you enter the park (on both sides), you must walk around the ridges of a crater. The crackle of flames are heard, with an occassional boom as another angel falls. The park is lit with flickering red's and oranges. The scareactors wear distressed, and ornate, armor. Wounds are seen on their arms and slightly deformed faces (not "demonic" just different). Most scareactors have bloody nubs where wings use to be (think the movie Dogma), though a couple have half a wing- hanging limply behind them. Some angels carry swords.

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to The Fallen