Scarecrow: The Reaping

Ringwraith

HHN27-Scarecrow.jpg.2f536e43e3238ec3207b59faecc917e7.jpg

Since the great dustbowl, an abandoned farmhouse stands in Nebraska. The bountiful fields ravaged by the farmers’ plows have spurred anger in the Land. Scarecrow guardians have risen from the blood soaked soil to seek revenge. The harvest that will be reaped this season is you.

3 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

B-Movie Name aside, I love me some historical houses. Hopefully they don't just go "sackhead" for the scareactors. Expecting mirror gags and such to extend cornfield as well.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm expecting that Walking Dead forest scene (one of my favorites of all time), but with a new aesthetic. 

• Like 1

Did this last year with the lineup calling Tomb as the best based on concept (I was correct with it being my personal favorite).

Going to call this as my favorite based off location and concept. Something about this one clicks with me. Likely the combination of the setting and the deadly forces inhabiting it.

12 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Whenever I picture this house, I'm reminded of Roanoke from 2014. I wonder how many of the props from that house will be reused for this one. 

That is so funny I thought the exact same when I saw the photos yesterday all I could keep thinking of in my head was Roanoke Cannibal Colony, interesting!

This house looks amazing. I've always liked the idea of creepy living scarecrows, and this looks like it adds an interesting twist to it.
My only hope is that the lighting for it is at least decent.
Explanation:
My girlfriend is planning to come with me to a night of HHN, and is excited about the description of this House.
Problem is, she has problems with night- blindness. Last year, one of the Houses we hit together was Tomb of the Ancients, and that House was so dark she could hardly see a thing.
So, I hope this House has at least okay lighting for her sake.

On 9/3/2017 at 7:26 AM, Nightcrawler said:

This house looks amazing. I've always liked the idea of creepy living scarecrows, and this looks like it adds an interesting twist to it.
My only hope is that the lighting for it is at least decent.
Explanation:
My girlfriend is planning to come with me to a night of HHN, and is excited about the description of this House.
Problem is, she has problems with night- blindness. Last year, one of the Houses we hit together was Tomb of the Ancients, and that House was so dark she could hardly see a thing.
So, I hope this House has at least okay lighting for her sake.

A tip always passed along this site is to wear sunglasses leading up to the house, then taking them off once you're inside so your eyes need less time to adjust. That or having her close her eyes and clinging to you (so she can still walk into the house) should help, if you haven't tried them already

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, duh1011 said:

A tip always passed along this site is to wear sunglasses leading up to the house, then taking them off once you're inside so your eyes need less time to adjust. That or having her close her eyes and clinging to you (so she can still walk into the house) should help, if you haven't tried them already

That is a true tip and one we've done for years.  The girlfriend and I may look like total tools in soundstage lines early in the evening as we're still wearing our sunglasses even though not taking direct sun in most of those queues.  But it makes a huge difference getting that night vision.

3 minutes ago, Pandry said:

That is a true tip and one we've done for years.  The girlfriend and I may look like total tools in soundstage lines early in the evening as we're still wearing our sunglasses even though not taking direct sun in most of those queues.  But it makes a huge difference getting that night vision.

Until you walk through the front door of the house and a giant strobelight blasts you in they eyes and you see orange and purple spots the rest of the maze :)

• Like 1

Just now, Oysterhead00 said:

Until you walk through the front door of the house and a giant strobelight blasts you in they eyes and you see orange and purple spots the rest of the maze :)

Yeah, there's always that, too.  And the seizure that follows...

Been hearing on twitter that this is a very scary maze with the claustrophobic elements from Tomb returning and very well hidden actors making it nearly impossible to tell where a scareactor is hiding. One person I read earlier today said they have been going to HHN for years and have never once screamed or walked out of a house shaken up until they went through this maze. Was already looking forward to this and now I am REALLY looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Loved this house!  I don't know if I'm the best person to gauge houses seeing as, with all the runs I did last year, I was never a fan of Tomb.  But this house is badass!  Everything works.  It's tight as everyone has mentioned.  That really helps to conceal scares with the conga line.  The scenery is great.  The progression of the scarecrows as you go deeper into the house is so well done.  Love the crow room!  I'm one of those that never gets scared in the houses or zones.  But I can see how it would be for plenty of people going through this house.

What I am really getting severely annoyed by, and this goes for all houses, is the staff inside.  They've always been annoying and rushing people, shining their flashlights, etc.  But it just seems to get worse each year.  Sure, I understand the need to keep the lines moving.  But there's got to be a better method.  They completely take you out of the element and are a buzz kill.  You lose all sense of immersion.  I don't know why they can't wear hooded cloaks like they do in Hollywood.  At least with that, you can tell they're staff, but they don't kill the mood.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm battling back and forth between this house and Hive being my favorites so far.  The scares in this house are non-stop and in your face!  That being said, I am really reaching my limit with the staff inside the houses.  Last week when I went through this house, there was a staff member in the crow barn area standing there with a flash light rushing people into the next crow attack room.  In addition to that just taking you out of the moment, he then was holding the flaps open and shining his light into that next room so the effect was totally ruined.  Not sure if someone tripped which then made that necessary.  Last night there wasn't a staff right there but they've added a small flashlight that illuminates the scene transition doorway.  Fortunately, it's aimed downward so you see the entryway but it's not lighting up the attack room as it did last week.  Though it has added some light.

Can't recall the last time where my favorites are both tent houses.  And I don't mean that along the lines of the tents don't have good houses, because they do.  It's just this year I love both of them.  I keep hoping they'll add an outside scare as they've done with these houses in the past.  A hive vampire on the exit ramp between the tents popping out would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

sif?

"Stuff" in face.

It's all the shit  stuff they hang in your face. 

Usually it's fishing wire so it's invisible in the dark, but that's visible when light catches it, so they started using ..... Other stuff. Trade secret. 

In the Scarecrow house, though, they clearly use stuff that's just ... hanging there.. Think I inhaled part of one of those..... Idk what to call it... Netting? Gridding? Terrible-grade-giant-holed burlap?

• Mark M. changed the title to Scarecrow: The Reaping