Hive

Ringwraith

HHN27-Hive.jpg.679216df5d4fc0a43fc3d6dc8f1ac424.jpg

We’re huge fans of those little-known 1980s horror movies, and we wanted to make you feel as if you’re in those movies. The story takes everything that is sexy, beautiful or cool about vampires and flushes it down the toilet. These Nosferatu are nasty, animalistic, and vicious. It’s the type of house that will make you cling to your date all the way to the exit…if you make it that far.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, duh1011 said:

Good news regarding this house tho; many people claim that this one is the scariest house, so it seems the production hell it went through might not have killed it after all!

Definitely one of the scariest, but it looks like they tried to REALLY remodel quickly. The theme lends to the fact they had to demolish one idea in lieu of another, but they did the best they could.

10 hours ago, wow said:

Does this house look a lot like The Conjuring? Or could you even tell it was a remodel?

I forgot it was supposed to be the Conjuring so I didn't see any references to it. However, it did look like they tried to pull a quick job on it to change it from "something."

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 9:00 AM, AbeLinkedIn said:

I think the one distinguishing thing between Conjuring and this house is the period theme, so I guess maybe the aesthetics of the sets to make it look like a 70s/80s house? 

Did the unmasking tour this weekend (just got back home today, hope to do a full event review) the guide said the house is set in the 80s but the vampires took over the house in the 70s and have never made it to Home Depot to remodel or repair

I looked at some pics from UTH and I can definitely see the aesthetic they're going for but it looks like one of those abandoned houses you'd see an urban explorer on YouTube stumble upon. As much as I'm a sucker for low rent 80s horror, I felt that would have made for a better backstory since the soundtrack is the only indication of the time period to me. 

They could keep everything else, the house being bought in the 70s and kept in disrepair for decades, but have someone like Dan Bell or another urbex YouTuber come in to check out the crumbling remains and become victim to the bestial vampires. 

23 hours ago, AbeLinkedIn said:

I looked at some pics from UTH and I can definitely see the aesthetic they're going for but it looks like one of those abandoned houses you'd see an urban explorer on YouTube stumble upon. As much as I'm a sucker for low rent 80s horror, I felt that would have made for a better backstory since the soundtrack is the only indication of the time period to me. 

They could keep everything else, the house being bought in the 70s and kept in disrepair for decades, but have someone like Dan Bell or another urbex YouTuber come in to check out the crumbling remains and become victim to the bestial vampires. 

Adamthewoo finally goes too far tying to sneak backstage at Universal. 

Anyone know the story behind the lack of a facade?

I'm guessing that Conjuring was supposed to have a full blown facade, but the theme change happened before that was built.  The facade budget was spent changing theme in the house.

Does that theory hold water?  Not buying the story that the  minimalist wrap is an homage to 80's horror movies.

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

Anyone know the story behind the lack of a facade?

I'm guessing that Conjuring was supposed to have a full blown facade, but the theme change happened before that was built.  The facade budget was spent changing theme in the house.

Does that theory hold water?  Not buying the story that the  minimalist wrap is an homage to 80's horror movies.

I heard somewhere it's supposed to be a "movie poster".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

I heard somewhere it's supposed to be a "movie poster".

That's what our tour guide intimated - that, along with the 80's synth-driven music in the queue line was an homage to 80's horror movies.  I don't think anyone standing in that line would get that impression.  It comes across as JayCee haunt quality.  There's got to be a more logical reason behind it.  

We are heading into the 4th week of HHN.  That same facde is still standing?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm loving this house!  It seems to keep getting better each run through.  Had the best last night.  The costumes and makeup are so well done.  Damn, that one vampire that comes out from behind a wall with the blue face and glowing yellow eyes - who gets right in your face - damn!  Salem's Lot type stuff.  There was one actor who was along the left side wall in the room where the one vampire is feeding on the two corpses hanging from the ceiling.  I don't know how he did it, but he was leaning against the wall upside down and creeping forward while doing it.  Hadn't seen that in previous runs.  Really freaky look to it.

16 hours ago, Pandry said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm loving this house!  It seems to keep getting better each run through.  Had the best last night.  The costumes and makeup are so well done.  Damn, that one vampire that comes out from behind a wall with the blue face and glowing yellow eyes - who gets right in your face - damn!  Salem's Lot type stuff.  There was one actor who was along the left side wall in the room where the one vampire is feeding on the two corpses hanging from the ceiling.  I don't know how he did it, but he was leaning against the wall upside down and creeping forward while doing it.  Hadn't seen that in previous runs.  Really freaky look to it.

yeah I liked this one the more I went into it, noticing the cooler design choices, like that dope ass silouette shit, peaking at a walkthrough with no one in front of me and my mother, and no one behind us. I actually got scared for the first time in a while in that house because I had completely forgot about the triple scare. What's up with the last "scare" and the last room though? that really ruins the house's lasting impression for me.

• Mark M. changed the title to Hive