The Horrors Of Blumhouse

HHNManics

3 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

I think because of the recent tragedy that happened in Vegas, that in The Purge section of the house, they're going to either remove or change the weapon of the purge member that comes through a door and start shooting her gun, who else agrees?

Favorite Houses

HHN25- Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem

HHN26- Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield

HHN27- Saw: The Games of Jigsaw (for now)

They could easily change the sound effect of the trigger to a machete or sword under an hour.
 I doubt it.
 then we might as well take the prop guns off the street from purge.
 I wouldn't mind less guns to be honest. I get awkward around guns of any kind. 

I think this house is okay. I wish we would do another Blumhouse film instead of purge.
 anything..

4 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

They could easily change the sound effect of the trigger to a machete or sword under an hour.
 I doubt it.
 then we might as well take the prop guns off the street from purge.
 I wouldn't mind less guns to be honest. I get awkward around guns of any kind. 

I think this house is okay. I wish we would do another Blumhouse film instead of purge.
 anything..

Purge wasn’t gonna be in it originally. The house was supposed to be Sinister, Ouija, & Insidious

I need some help understanding what I missed in this house.  Went through a bunch of times over four nights.  Been going since 2004 and this is one of the worst houses I can remember.

However....

A few people are saying this is one of the best of the event for them.  They are citing the non stop attacks during the last couple of rooms.  Problem for me is I have no idea what they are talking about.  For me, the last 1/4 of the house was just green plywood hallways with vines.  There were no memorable scares in that last quarter at all.  So what did I miss?  Reply with spoiler tags if needed. I also listened to a podcast walkthru where they kept talking about looking up at the ending.  Still no idea what was supposed to happen.

8 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

I get about 2 good scares in this house. Usually toward the end. One in insidious and one in the plywood just because I'm super distracted by the rotating girl. Kinda bummed it's part of the UTH tour this year.

Rotating girl?  Can you elaborate?  Maybe that's what I failed to see.  Completely agree about the tour.  Why this house and not Ash is beyond me.  Hell, even Saw would have been a better choice for tour.  It's funny, I completely forget about Saw even being at the event I went to two weeks ago.   Forgettable house.

15 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Rotating girl?  Can you elaborate?  Maybe that's what I failed to see.  Completely agree about the tour.  Why this house and not Ash is beyond me.  Hell, even Saw would have been a better choice for tour.  It's funny, I completely forget about Saw even being at the event I went to two weeks ago.   Forgettable house.

After the Baghul in the plywood room there's an effect in a cylinder that looks like a rotating girl, possibly the girl from the opening credit splash.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:13 PM, HHN Pro said:

I think because of the recent tragedy that happened in Vegas, that in The Purge section of the house, they're going to either remove or change the weapon of the purge member that comes through a door and start shooting her gun, who else agrees?

Favorite Houses

HHN25- Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem

HHN26- Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield

HHN27- Saw: The Games of Jigsaw (for now)

went 10/7 and it was the same

I did my first run of this house last week.  I liked it.  Maybe it's because I had zero expectations.  I had been reading about lots of people saying the final scenes with the green hallways were barren.  They weren't when we went through.  They got us good at one point.  I don't know what we were seeing but something popped out of a wall completely unexpected.  Never even figured there was a hidden door.  I didn't recognize the creature, either.  Maybe it's from the next movie?  But it caught us by surprise.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

it was originally ouija, its REALLY obvious if you know the movie well

It just seems like it wouldv'e been easier to do something else with that one corner, and the next room, rather than back out and clearly Last-Minute-It-Up with The Purge. 

They could've done another few rooms on Sinister.... Without knowing the story going in, you'd not know the story at all going out. 

Granted, I may simply like to see bad fates befall Ethan Hawke, but that's just me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2017 at 4:54 PM, PleaseAndThankYou said:

It just seems like it wouldv'e been easier to do something else with that one corner, and the next room, rather than back out and clearly Last-Minute-It-Up with The Purge. 

They could've done another few rooms on Sinister.... Without knowing the story going in, you'd not know the story at all going out. 

Granted, I may simply like to see bad fates befall Ethan Hawke, but that's just me.

Looking back at this house, was very well done and they should have changed the Purge part out and replaced it what they had at Hollywood’s Blumhouse this year which is the original story about The Girl from the Blumhouse Intro, it would be awesome to see that and since the facade also featured that scene and interactive, it would have worked out better and made the maze a little more better to experience. 

• Mark M. changed the title to The Horrors Of Blumhouse