The Horrors Of Blumhouse

HHNManics

On 8/29/2017 at 0:49 PM, duh1011 said:

lmao purge again, oops

On the bright side, I finally have a house I can skip without feeling bad about doing so; I was getting worried that all the houses this year would be a little TOO interesting!

I think every house deserves at least one run. I wasn't really excited about Insidious, but it turned out to be one of the scariest houses of the entire event. The Purge house was a crappy reskinning of Scream but the actors still put a lot of work into trying to make up for it, and it ended up decent in spite of the poor scenery.

I dont see how anyone can SKIP a house all together. I guess if you dont have a fastpass and you dont want to wait in line for hours maybe. But I give all of them a try.... what that said.... Alice Cooper, Chances house, The Purge house and one other one that I can remember only got one run from me. I usually hit everything 3 or 4 times per trip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly? Not a bad house. A lot of the actors were trying just as hard as the original Insidious house to scare hard and often, and the house really nails the sensory overload aspect.

My biggest gripe is that they bothered including The Purge. It's badly over-represented (two scarezones and a house in the same year, after getting a scarezone and a house prior) to the point where it feels like it may become the new Walking Dead, and yet it's nothing but a single room and a hallway. If you're going to fill the event with Purge, at least do it well.

• Like 1

This house is nothing but hallways :lol:

Two hallways in sinister, more hallways in purge, more hallways in insidious..... the HALLWAYS of BLUMHOUSE lol!

What a strange messy house. Nothing flows well, sinister was a big waste. They could have done so much more with it. Purge is over indulgence.  The ending of the house is just more strange green hallways lol

Edited by clash

4 hours ago, scaredbenny said:

Agree, not to mention the location makes me think they WANT people to not go to the house.  Its just so out of the way for a so so house.

Specially with that darn gate.... i cant see myself going that way too often 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 6:32 PM, Gambit said:

Just thought I'd point out how painfully obvious the Ouija scenes were. Everything from the railings on the stairs to the wallpaper on the walls was straight from the movie.

krYoWoC.png

I thought Ouija wasn't included? Are there other hidden Blumhouse films in this one?

I think because of the recent tragedy that happened in Vegas, that in The Purge section of the house, they're going to either remove or change the weapon of the purge member that comes through a door and start shooting her gun, who else agrees?

Favorite Houses

HHN25- Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem

HHN26- Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield

HHN27- Saw: The Games of Jigsaw (for now)

Edited by HHN Pro
To add favorite houses
  • Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to The Horrors Of Blumhouse