HHN 27 Merchandise

Mark M.

That blog post for the merchandise was really lame & so into itself as if what they've got is mind blowingly awesome. I liked it better when they talked less & showed more merch pictures. This skull & roses "theme" they are going for is terrible. So i'm trying to figure out how they went from "Titans of Terror" to this.

The ONLY interesting thing that caught my attention was the mention of possible "Academy of Villains" merchandise. If they really are going to have a shirt, I'll need one of those sent my way.

Also, if they don't have a shirt for Bill & Ted this year, that will be a huge mistake on their part (kinda like last year & NOT having one for the show's 25th anniversary). But yea, if by some miracle they have one... i'll need that too. B)

• Like 1

First glimpse of the house shirt?????.... (thanks to Academy of Villains) :ninja:

DnvFl5S.jpg

*NOTE: Look at the name for "Blumhouse"... it appears they altered the name after merch was ordered.

Also, its interesting that Academy of Villains is listed on the shirt, but NOT Bill & Ted :blink:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

First glimpse of the house shirt?????.... (thanks to Academy of Villains) :ninja:

DnvFl5S.jpg

*NOTE: Look at the name for "Blumhouse"... it appears they altered the name after merch was ordered.

Also, its interesting that Academy of Villains is listed on the shirt, but NOT Bill & Ted :blink:

Interesting...but with the "old" Blumhouse name and lack of B&T my guess is it went to production when there was some Blumhouse drama holding up the works and there was some confusion as to if there even would be a Bill & Ted's this year.  Makes sense.  If there's no stupid blood lettering on the front, I'll buy the shirt this year.  Hope they just have a logo on the breast.

5 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Interesting...but with the "old" Blumhouse name and lack of B&T my guess is it went to production when there was some Blumhouse drama holding up the works and there was some confusion as to if there even would be a Bill & Ted's this year.

Whats there to guess? I was pointing it out, not really asking for a "why".

This is NOT the first time a house shirt has been different from final line-up. 2007's house shirt still said "Silent Night, Deadly Night" instead of "PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays". 2011's house shirt had "The Thing: Assimilation" (which was 2007's house name, but Hollywood used it for their 2011 maze) instead of just "The Thing". And 2015's house shirt had Hollywood's maze name for "Insidious" instead of what Orlando used. So as I said, this is not the first time, nor is it the last it will happen.

Also, there was no confusion in regards to B&T... at least not for me, I knew about the auditions. The only surprise for anyone was that this would be final year. Anyway, B&T usually does NOT get added to the house shirt, there have only been maybe like 1 house shirt out of the past 13 years that had included B&T. The house shirt that featured B&T was 2008. Now B&T has had multiple years where a shirt was for sale, except for last year for the 25th anniversary because Universal fails at life.

FUN FACT: The first "house shirt" didn't appear until 2004, which included ONE scarezone ("Point of Evil").

On 9/2/2017 at 11:19 AM, Oysterhead00 said:

Interesting...but with the "old" Blumhouse name and lack of B&T my guess is it went to production when there was some Blumhouse drama holding up the works and there was some confusion as to if there even would be a Bill & Ted's this year.  Makes sense.  If there's no stupid blood lettering on the front, I'll buy the shirt this year.  Hope they just have a logo on the breast.

They HAVE to have a dedicated B&T shirt this year, right??

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zombieman said:

They HAVE to have a dedicated B&T shirt this year, right??

Probably the generic one of them and the phone booth with nothing special. 

They should make a shirt of them standing by a grave with a tomb stone for Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure  b.1991 - d.2017 (or whatever the actual years are) or some other kind of humor/horror mash up.  Like Bill pouring one out for his dead homies and Ted and having an inquisitive stance while looking back at the time traveling telephone booth thinking they can go back....

But I wouldn't count on anything with any fan service for the event, just a B&T shirt with the HHN logo on the sleeve.

my wife just bought one somewhere on line that I wouldnt be surprised if it was designed by someone on here. very cool design with "farewell tour" on it. they had several HHN designs. It was a fan boy designing them too, you could tell. All very cool.

On 8/26/2017 at 8:43 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I feel like it an late Ed Hardy theme.

I actually agree with this.... although I dont really mind it. Some cool stuff this year. And NO I dont wear Ed Hardy or Affliction or any of that shit LOL

• Like 1