Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Mark M.

I think it's too coincidental that this is happening only a few years after Hollywood gave B&T the ultimate censor treatment.

Really not buying for a moment the notion that today's kids don't relate to B&T; I have yet to attend any show where teens were not understanding who those guys were.

Why get rid of a show that consistently packs them in night after night?  It's not "to give us something better" because why spend a single dollar to replace a hit with an unknown?  

I firmly believe Universal just wants to steer clear of edgy after the Hollywood thing.

But, man, can Orlando marketing possibly blow this year any more?

• Slow-roll house releases
  • Have a count-up of followers to a fizzle
  • Followed by a countdown to the release of wallpaper
  • Give snotty responses to people who call out Universal for the above on Facebook
  • Cancel a beloved show with no explanation or hint of anything that will replace it next year

Amazing that Murdy is building more anticipation for Orlando residents than Orlando's marketing team...

God help you if you guys end up getting Jabbowakeez as the replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I do firmly believe that Bill and Ted was only ended because Fear Factor as a venue is going away and there is no venue left, and it's entirely possible to me that Ibll and Ted might return.

Then I will put on my tentative face and hope you are right.  But assuming you are correct and the higher up at Uni want it to return once they have a new venue, you would at least think that they would have at least made allusions to the idea they could come back.  You know, like "Following in the footsteps of Kiss, the Wyld Stallions are announcing their Farewell Tour".  

If they do in fact leave for 2-3 years, that might be long enough for the GP and younger people to forget about them.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Then I will put on my tentative face and hope you are right.  But assuming you are correct and the higher up at Uni want it to return once they have a new venue, you would at least think that they would have at least made allusions to the idea they could come back.  You know, like "Following in the footsteps of Kiss, the Wyld Stallions are announcing their Farewell Tour".  

If they do in fact leave for 2-3 years, that might be long enough for the GP and younger people to forget about them.

Yes!! I love KISS but let's be honest, they're trying to set the record for the longest-running farewell tour in music history.. so it's possible B&T return when a new theater happens

On 8/25/2017 at 0:40 AM, Averixx De Avalon said:

Do you guys think they're going to touch on the new taylor single and Swish, Swish by Katy?

I'm not sure, but based on a youtube video I saw from Horror Nights Junkie, you could hear

Katy Perry's Chained to the Rhythm

. The video was outside the stadium at night and the only thing you see is the roof. But you could hear audio. This was a rehearsal and is probably a dance number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*I know there are people who are HUGE fans of this show and will cry when the last show has been performed.....this is the opinion of one who is not*

As usual, the show was meh. I liked one of the video montages that was on the screen. I don't keep up with pop culture so I generally only get a few jokes.

This show, for me, will not be missed.

I said this in my full review of the event, but I feel like this year was lacking severely. Not compared to other years, but for being a "farewell tour." I feel like they should've gone way harder. Tons of actors. More stunts. More explosions. Really make it a grand spectacle. But, it felt just like every other year. Which is alright, just, not as big as I was hoping for.

I asked this in my formal event review, but I'm not sure if it will get an answer there, so help me out if you've seen the show.

1) During Death's "Dance with the Reaper" song, WHO was the guy in the black and orange suit supposed to be?  I'm thinking some Asian viral video guy, but I'm drawing a blank.

2) When the 20 year old McDonald's dipping sauce was mentioned, WHO was the guy with the Statue of Liberty crown who came out and disappeared into the porta-pottie supposed to be?

The audience went wild when both of these guys appeared, but I got nothing...

I had a #3, but figured out they parodied the Backback dancer (who I only learned about from the Google search).

OH, also, I was listening to a podcast review from opening weekend and they were raving about R2D2 from Bill & Ted.  I went on the second weekend and saw no R2D2.  What was that all about?

21 hours ago, zombieman said:

I asked this in my formal event review, but I'm not sure if it will get an answer there, so help me out if you've seen the show.

1) During Death's "Dance with the Reaper" song, WHO was the guy in the black and orange suit supposed to be?  I'm thinking some Asian viral video guy, but I'm drawing a blank.

2) When the 20 year old McDonald's dipping sauce was mentioned, WHO was the guy with the Statue of Liberty crown who came out and disappeared into the porta-pottie supposed to be?

The audience went wild when both of these guys appeared, but I got nothing...

I had a #3, but figured out they parodied the Backback dancer (who I only learned about from the Google search).

OH, also, I was listening to a podcast review from opening weekend and they were raving about R2D2 from Bill & Ted.  I went on the second weekend and saw no R2D2.  What was that all about?

I don't remember the asian guy, but the guy with the "statue of liberty crown" was Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty.

latest?cb=20131230003659

All,

Word on Twitter is that B&T show is changing due to events of Las Vegas.

Can't think of what they would change.  I don't recall any guns.

However, wondering if they change anything with:

-- Death being a character in the show (I seriously doubt this can change)

-- Death accidentally killing Bill during show

-- Death being on a mission to kill everyone at concert

-- Button that blows up everyone in audience

My guess is any change will be with those last two.  The last one seemed to fall flat in the shows I saw.

Please report back if any of these things don't happen during this weekend's show.

16 hours ago, zombieman said:

All,

Word on Twitter is that B&T show is changing due to events of Las Vegas.

Can't think of what they would change.  I don't recall any guns.

However, wondering if they change anything with:

-- Death being a character in the show (I seriously doubt this can change)

-- Death accidentally killing Bill during show

-- Death being on a mission to kill everyone at concert

-- Button that blows up everyone in audience

My guess is any change will be with those last two.  The last one seemed to fall flat in the shows I saw.

Please report back if any of these things don't happen during this weekend's show.

Since many sites posted about this, you may already know about the changes.

They no longer refer to any of the festival names, as the tragic events in Las Vegas all happened at a festival. No more mentions of fire festival, electric ocean, mega virgin comic Coachella, etc. They simply say that Bill and Ted are performing at the iconic Fear Factor Live Stage. The Grim Reaper says he's here to drag Bill and Ted to hell, instead of everyone if they cannot prove pop culture was worthy. Death still kills Bill during the show and the Rocket bit with the button is still there.

Spicer says that they are now in charge of "this," never really specifying what. Whenever Spicer comes out, no mentions of new names are said. At the end, instead of saying yet another name, there is a bit now about them releasing the iPhone 8 and 10 but not the 9.

There may be a few more changes I forgot, but nothing major. They just changed around some of the plot points and had to take away certain jokes and add in others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure