Festival of the Deadliest

mystiquephreeq

IMG_0271.JPG

"This Halloween Horror Nights, we're inviting you to join the celebration of blood and bone at what can only be called The Festival of the Deadliest – an ancient tradition from the depths of where nightmares are born. 

A gathering of the most unearthly, hellish terrors has emerged from the darkest corners of despair. It calls to those who long for the thrill of the scare and wish to have their fears made real. You'll be drawn like moths to a flame, and once you join this hallowed celebration, your nightmares will never end. 

You'll find the heart of the Festival on the streets of Hollywood in Universal Studios Florida, but its claws have spread throughout Horror Nights "

The concept art on the video looked neat. 

Im guessing there will be a Soul Collection mini-show of sorts in the middle of the zone.

Legacy has said this has a rotating cast like All Nite Die In. So that also peaks my interest.

Name is bad though. "Deadliest"? That was the best idea?

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Its a nod to their former parade most likely. Also, they probably don't want to call it "Festival of the Dead" straight up otherwise people might expect something along the lines of "Día de los Muertos" (people are dumb). It might sound a little cheesy, but its not the worst name they could've given it.

And gee... 2 pieces of concept art.... in a 17 second video... because it was too difficult to just, oh i don't know... release said concept art itself like in years past?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

The concept art on the video looked neat. 

Im guessing there will be a Soul Collection mini-show of sorts in the middle of the zone.

Legacy has said this has a rotating cast like All Nite Die In. So that also peaks my interest.

From what I hear, we're getting "what's scary" from around the globe. Different traditions, lore, etc. I wanted a whole event based off of this, but I'll take a scarezone....to start.

• Like 1

I want that skull projected onto buildings in this zone...the crumbling facade from the acid rain SZ was one of my favorite things ever, if they can project this onto a building, have it zoom in (get large) and then zoom out, the zoom to another building, etc.  Could be pretty awesome.  

26 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I want that skull projected onto buildings in this zone...

Marty... you're not thinking 4th dimensionally... think bigger, better... and ripping off Disney/POTC...

Instead of buildings... imagine an archway of mists/fog that you had to pass through & the skull would be projected onto that. It could even have menacing threats that beckon you to venture deeper within...

• Like 2

Alternate description of Festival of the Deadliest

Beginning September 15, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights will bring unimaginable horrors to life in five spine-chilling “scarezones” filled with menacing scareactors that stalk guests as their prey. This year, these horrifying street experiences will live within a collection of the most unearthly and macabre terrors called The Festival of the Deadliest. From the depths where nightmares are born, this horrifying “scarezone” is an ancient tradition filled with hellish wonders that are hard to resist and impossible to escape. This ghastly collection of madmen and monsters from beyond the veil have joined together to revel in firelight and create the ultimate afterlife of fright. And this is just the beginning.

It's really starting to sound like traditions from other countries and lore.

On 8/17/2017 at 6:23 PM, WESKER69 said:

Marty... you're not thinking 4th dimensionally... think bigger, better... and ripping off Disney/POTC...

Instead of buildings... imagine an archway of mists/fog that you had to pass through & the skull would be projected onto that. It could even have menacing threats that beckon you to venture deeper within...

You're usually "in the know"....really hope there's some kind of archway with fog jets that they project on to.  The piece of concept art looks like something you could conceivably walk through....but the logistics of that (ADA issues with the stairs, bottle neck, trampling hazard,  twisted broken ankles by drunks like me, etc) make it unlikely.  But that would be so bad ass!

• 4 weeks later...

In their defense, they didn't have a full dress rehearsal before the Employee Preview (EP) and are trying to figure out what works for them in the zone. There were no set pieces during EP either so they didn't get a chance to interact with them prior to opening night.

Let's hope, for their sake, that the big sets that are expected are there sooner than later on in the run.

• Like 1

This zone is basically a metalhead's wildest dream come true. This zone is just basically an iron maiden album cover come to life. The props, the skulls, the horns, the fire, the red light, the music... even the demon girls  dancing on poles. Literally Metalhead heaven. 

I notice only one cast has the skull icon guy. And that same cast has 4 girls dancing. 

The other cast only has 2 girls dancing. 

The big set piece was out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clash said:

This zone is basically a metalhead's wildest dream come true. This zone is just basically an iron maiden album cover come to life. The props, the skulls, the horns, the fire, the red light, the music... even the demon girls  dancing on poles. Literally Metalhead heaven. 

I notice only one cast has the skull icon guy. And that same cast has 4 girls dancing. 

The other cast only has 2 girls dancing. 

The big set piece was out. 

So. Walking over there now. 

• Like 2

Really, really impressed with this zone after last night. The girls in the white, on stilts, look amazing and I love the designs.

Got what I think is a few good pictures here, and I can't wait to come back for more. I'll post them after I edit them tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2017 at 9:28 AM, Cody said:

It's definitely getting better. We've got the big set piece (though still nothing happening with it, and it clearly has space meant for actors) and some torchlit entryways.

Interesting 

Edited by clash

• Mark M. changed the title to Festival of the Deadliest