Invasion!

mystiquephreeq

IMG_0272.JPG

"Set in a time decades ago, our docks in San Francisco find themselves the victim of an INVASION! Visitors from far beyond have crashed their vessel, and are now wreaking havoc on the streets of San Francisco. 

They aren't just here to destroy; these invaders are also on a mission to learn everything they can about us humans. Careful, or you may find yourself on the experiment table at the mercy of an alien scientist."

11 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I'm looking forward to this the most of everything this year. Also, the name with the exclamation point is a complete reference to Disney Quest

Not exaclty as alot of alien movies and games have the exclamation point

• Like 1

I can't help but think... gee, if only they had this SZ when Disaster was still open because that tank being attack by the tentacle would've made a nice scenic piece to incorporate. Hell, imagine a B-Movie house in the Disaster queue that would dump you into this SZ... -sigh-

With all of those crazy "Disaster Studios" props that used to fill the queue, they could've made a B-Movie house that incorporated the props. "Soundstage of Terror" or something.

• Like 4

On 8/17/2017 at 11:23 AM, ForeverEvil1 said:

The natural sequel to Vamp 55. Hopefully, and it sounds like they are, they do play up the comedy and gags for this one.

Just not too cheesy, hopefully no gray bighead aliens.

Big headed grey aliens was one of the things i was hoping for the most lol. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking all around, this is the most anticipated scare zone for a lot of people. I can totally understand why, the theme is great and it does feel like a sequel/successor to Vamp '55, which was a straight-up fun scare zone. So I'm not looking forward to the eventual disspointed reviews from this.

The theme may be great, but did they have to put it in one of the worst locations? San Fran is way too small, especially when you add in the crashed spaceship and military truck. It's just gonna' be a bottleneck, with no room for the actors to really play in. This type of theme was made for New York or Hollywood, locations with plenty of space for the aliens to run amok, not only that they could've gone bigger and more elaborate with the props.

For me it just feels like a fantastic theme is gonna' be totally wasted in it's location.

• Like 1

Things that occurred last night:

* Aliens playing with the horn on an ECV and turning into an impromptu dance in the middle of the zone.

* My friend (and fellow scareactor) Michelle being forced to dance at gunpoint and having to explain all the items in her purse to the aliens, including at one point them accidentally finding a nude sketch in her notebook and being absolutely mortified.

* An alien taking Michelle's purse and doing a runway walk.

* Michelle being "killed" by a raygun.

* A soldier doing the "ALIENS" meme as a scare, complete with the hands.

* A soldier sprinting full tilt into the former Earthquake/Disaster photo studio, screaming the whole way.

* Michelle nearly making out with an alien until I cockblocked her.

Edited by Cody
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cody said:

Things that occurred last night:

* Aliens playing with the horn on an ECV and turning into an impromptu dance in the middle of the zone.

* My friend (and fellow scareactor) Michelle being forced to dance at gunpoint and having to explain all the items in her purse to the aliens, including at one point them accidentally finding a nude sketch in her notebook and being absolutely mortified.

* An alien taking Michelle's purse and doing a runway walk.

* Michelle being "killed" by a raygun.

* A soldier doing the "ALIENS" meme as a scare, complete with the hands.

* A soldier sprinting full tilt into the former Earthquake/Disaster photo studio, screaming the whole way.

* Michelle nearly making out with an alien until I cockblocked her.

So this zone is amazing ONLY if u personally know the cast lol. :D

Whats the "aliens" meme 

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^Man, this zone sounds awesome! Don't see why it's getting bad reviews.

I liked the zone. It is funny and charming. The aliens are funny. The music is funny too. 

I think the problem is that the actors are not really scaring people but they are acting like confused curious scientists. Analyzing and studying everything around them. 

I didnt see the actors really being aggresive. 

While i love the zone and i love the actors. The zone doesnt have a lot of energy. Doesnt have any aggression. I think people expecyed this zone to be more aggresive than it is. 

7 minutes ago, clash said:

Whats the "aliens" meme 

I liked the zone. It is funny and charming. The aliens are funny. The music is funny too. 

I think the problem is that the actors are not really scaring people but they are acting like confused curious scientists. Analyzing and studying everything around them. 

While i love the zone and i love the actors. The zone doesnt have a lot of energy. Doesnt have any aggression. I think people expecyed this zone to be more aggresive than it is. 

latest?cb=20150822174323

• Haha 1

While I have yet to see this zone myself and sorry to hear the negative reviews all the costumes reminded me the problems the park had in that zone several years ago with the ladies who worked there. The costumes are really bulky similar to the Wharf from last year and I think that is something to take into consideration in the upcoming years as well that whatever is going in this area, at least for a while, will have really bulky costumes.

20 hours ago, clash said:

Whats the "aliens" meme 

I saw a good deal of aggression on Sunday. The aliens spent a lot of time messing around and being funny, but they can be fast as hell when it comes to sneaking up on people. The soldiers are especially aggressive, since their whole character is being panicked.

14 hours ago, Rikku said:

While I have yet to see this zone myself and sorry to hear the negative reviews all the costumes reminded me the problems the park had in that zone several years ago with the ladies who worked there. The costumes are really bulky similar to the Wharf from last year and I think that is something to take into consideration in the upcoming years as well that whatever is going in this area, at least for a while, will have really bulky costumes.

There's one or two people on each cast who have very bulky alien "brute" costumes, but the majority of the aliens are "Greys" wearing simple rubber masks and silver jumpsuits. Their biggest issue seems to be the limited dexterity of their gloves, which have extremely long, probing fingers.

Emphasis on probing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duh1011 said:

On a thursday night? Damn

I think the problem compared to last year  is that since the actors stand around a little bit more and they arent as aggresive, it kinda makes people want to stand around the zone more taking pics and selfies. As far as i can tell.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave this zone a lot of time to watch it and see where it went, tried to defend it from naysayers

And at first i thought the behavior of the aliens was quirky and cute. 

But now that a lot of time has passed i find it kinda boring.

It just never fully clicked. The aliens are cool but they arent visible enough. 

Also for some reason i always see some aliens talking to people ( friends or something) the ship is awesome, the truck is awesome. The suits are awesome.

But the zone is just too passive. 

The music feels really low too. Too atmospheric.  

I dont dislike it, but i dont feel great walking in it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Invasion!