Trick 'r Treat

mystiquephreeq

HHN27_TRT.jpg.9adda9520f0e24e3431e40e2593a225a.jpg

"First up, it's time to make sure everyone understands the rules of our haunted holiday. Get a proper Halloween education in our Central Park scare zone inspired by the film Trick 'r Treat. We're excited to have Sam visit and make sure we follow the rules of Halloween. 

As a longtime fan of classic horror anthology films, Trick 'r Treat is a favorite of mine that pays perfect homage to that genre. In this zone, you'll have the opportunity to come face-to-face with several characters from the film, and learn for yourself what happens when you don't follow the rules."

I'm having deja vu... oh right... HHN 2008's "The Skoolhouse", which was ALSO "inspired by". If they're going to name-drop Sam & actually use him... then they shouldn't use the term "inspired by". But yea... while I love this SZ theme, it really comes across as lazy for Orlando.

2 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

That will never happen in Orlando... which reminds me, curious to see what our go-go dancer costumes look like this year in Hollywood. My guess is "sexy/naughty witch" or something.

yeah i know, it will be neat to see it done similar to 7, by day there in there costumes, by night there in mid transformation with fangs, half of there skin peeling, and claws

• Like 1

I broke into my happy- dance at the announcement!
I love that movie, it's a Halloween viewing tradition for me, and I have long said that it would make a great addition to HHN. I personally think it would work better as a House than as a SZ, but I'll take what I can get.
I'm getting my picture taken with Sam my very first night!

The thing I dislike the most about this scarezone are the "front door" recreations. I'm curious to see what they do with them, but I just really don't like them at all. They seem awkward & out of place. Although to be fair, i'd say the same thing if they were located anywhere else in the park as a scarezone.

The pumpkins, ghosts, etc.. that all looks great, but the front door recreations... blah

44 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

The thing I dislike the most about this scarezone are the "front door" recreations. I'm curious to see what they do with them, but I just really don't like them at all. They seem awkward & out of place. Although to be fair, i'd say the same thing if they were located anywhere else in the park as a scarezone.

The pumpkins, ghosts, etc.. that all looks great, but the front door recreations... blah

Do they open?  Can a scaractor stand behind them?  Can a "plant" walking through go up and mess with a door and have a scareactor open it, grab them, and pull them through?  

I understand the doors in a traditional trick or treat house since as a kid that's all you care about, every door you can knock on to get candy.  But there has to be something for scares.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Can a "plant" walking through go up and mess with a door and have a scareactor open it, grab them, and pull them through? 

I just had this visual of an actual plant going up to a door... :blink:

"Little shop... little shop of horrors..."

• Like 1

Im extremely excited about this Scarezoze and can't wait to see Sam!  There's a lot of stuff from the movie I'm hoping to see and can't wait to see how they pull it off. Yes, I too can't wait to see hot girl werewolves dressed as Disney princesses (wow never thought I'd say that lol)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taskmaster said:

Yes, I too can't wait to see hot girl werewolves dressed as Disney princesses (wow never thought I'd say that lol)

Its the closest Orlando will get to having go-go dancers...

Of course, the other way to look at is, will they be actual werewolves dressed as disney princesses? (yes.. enjoy that mental image)

16 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Do they open?  Can a scaractor stand behind them?  Can a "plant" walking through go up and mess with a door and have a scareactor open it, grab them, and pull them through?  

I understand the doors in a traditional trick or treat house since as a kid that's all you care about, every door you can knock on to get candy.  But there has to be something for scares.

I think this could have worked a lot better as a house. I am glad about this zone because we get to see Sam, but This would have worked much better as a house. 
Even some of the sets from Halloween could have been reused basically. the doors are a little awkward in the zone. Hopefully they bring this as a house next year because there is so much potential for an amazing house. 

• Like 1

Just saw this movie last night, and I'm really excited! Something that seems interesting to me is it looks as if it will be pretty well-lit in this scarezone; there's the lamps with faces on them, plenty of jack-o-lanterns and at least SOME should be lit up, and even some more lighting in the bushes and whatnot. It will be a very pleasant change for the Central Park scarezone this year to not be a dark mess, if indeed that does turn out to be the case

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 6:24 PM, Gambit said:

I made this today in case you were wondering where in the movie the sets are from.

c2fYdRl.png

Photos from @ORLParkPass

Hm... I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed that at least one of those isn't a full sized werewolf puppet display :/ 

• 2 weeks later...

This zone is just beautiful!  Just an old school HHN pumpkins look.  If there was a gripe, at least for these early stages of HHN, the cast in this zone are a bit more subdued than the other zones.  The scareactors tend to hang in one spot - as far as their own spot (not all just in one area).  Not all of them, mind you, but it just has a different feel to it.  I don't think they've found their groove yet.  But for me, I have no issues as the scenery is amazing and it's what I've wanted for a while now.  It stands on its own.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Trick 'r Treat