HHN 27 Construction

Someone, somewhere, mentioned they were projecting "the girl" onto the facade.

My brain can't remember where I read that, and I'm not a fan of demonic movies so not even sure who said girl is.  But has to be a projector....and a meaty one that.  (warning - about to sound like a broken record) I hope it's an Acid Assault-ish type projection.  Still love that technology in that zone :)

7 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Someone, somewhere, mentioned they were projecting "the girl" onto the facade.

My brain can't remember where I read that, and I'm not a fan of demonic movies so not even sure who said girl is.  But has to be a projector....and a meaty one that.  (warning - about to sound like a broken record) I hope it's an Acid Assault-ish type projection.  Still love that technology in that zone :)

Blumhouse movies intro is a generic haunted house scene with a creepy girl lurking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHNJunkie said:

DSC0180.jpg

DSC0005-6.jpg

DSC0010-7.jpg

DSC0014-3.jpg

DSC0020-4.jpg

DSC0099-2.jpg

Seems weird they gave Purge the bus considering Trick R Treat actually had a bus in the movie; besides that all of the zones are coming along great(except Festival of the Deadliest)

Edited by wow

33 minutes ago, mz_ said:

I will never understand why they attempt to set up the stage every single year only to break it all down.  Just the other day in a TimTracker video, they were setting up the whole video wall with all the small screens. Like...why? Sure it's getting tested, but taking it all apart just to set it all back up a few days later defeats the point since it will all have to be retested when you put it up again. Also, I'm sure AoV has been using the stage at night to rehearse, but did they really need the video wall up? Couldn't they have done without most of the stage and just taped off areas where stage elements would be? Just seems like such a big waste of time every year. 

Also, I'm a little upset that the Purge zone is getting the EXACT same setup for the auction as we had in 24. Storage containers on both sides, the school bus and then the stage above the bus. Like, they couldn't have come up with anything different? Heck, the signs they are putting up are still saying it's the 24th annual purge. Besides the new smaller stage by the ice cream place, this zone is looking like an exact copy of 24. I just hope that they include a lot of the new characters from Election Year because those light up masks look pretty awesome! I am also hoping (but I doubt it will happen) to see the Christmas light car from Election Year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Badge said:

I will never understand why they attempt to set up the stage every single year only to break it all down.  Just the other day in a TimTracker video, they were setting up the whole video wall with all the small screens. Like...why? Sure it's getting tested, but taking it all apart just to set it all back up a few days later defeats the point since it will all have to be retested when you put it up again. Also, I'm sure AoV has been using the stage at night to rehearse, but did they really need the video wall up? Couldn't they have done without most of the stage and just taped off areas where stage elements would be? Just seems like such a big waste of time every year. 

Also, I'm a little upset that the Purge zone is getting the EXACT same setup for the auction as we had in 24. Storage containers on both sides, the school bus and then the stage above the bus. Like, they couldn't have come up with anything different? Heck, the signs they are putting up are still saying it's the 24th annual purge. Besides the new smaller stage by the ice cream place, this zone is looking like an exact copy of 24. I just hope that they include a lot of the new characters from Election Year because those light up masks look pretty awesome! I am also hoping (but I doubt it will happen) to see the Christmas light car from Election Year.

I agree with this, the setup/breakdown/setup seems a bit extra. and I'm getting the same feeling from purge, even though that was my first year and I really enjoyed it.

They set it up for a couple reasons.

1. To make sure it goes together and everything is in working order.

2. So AoV can do full rehearsals and sound checks.

They break it down for one main reason.

1. Rock the Universe will use the stage for a different purpose.

(2). Possible hurricane headed towards Florida by the end of the week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mz_ said:

They set it up for a couple reasons.

1. To make sure it goes together and everything is in working order.

2. So AoV can do full rehearsals and sound checks.

They break it down for one main reason.

1. Rock the Universe will use the stage for a different purpose.

(2). Possible hurricane headed towards Florida by the end of the week.

Hurricane makes total sense as a reason to take it (and many other props) down. Unlike in years past, nothing about the stage screamed "I AM SCARY". Seems strange that in the same view, you see tons of pumpkins hanging from trees and throughout the park you see other HHN related elements. You would think a stage (with a fully functional video wall!) would be a great place for a band to perform for Rock the Universe. Just seems like one of those things that is a waste of time

9 hours ago, Badge said:

Agreed and agreed.

Moreso, I'm bummed about- again- a repeat in the scare zone.  Couldn't they have imagined something different?  I mean, really.  Nearly identical setup from 24.

Boo.

It amuses me that you guys would honestly expect a "new" set up for The Purge. Its basically cheap & easy. If anything, i'd be more annoyed if they don't bring back the flame bar.

On 9/3/2017 at 2:56 PM, wow said:

Seems weird they gave Purge the bus considering Trick R Treat actually had a bus in the movie

No it doesn't. We had the bus in 2008 & it was a short bus. "IF" they want to use the bus again, it can be at the Kidzone hub at the end of Central Park.

Also, in 2008, there was no stage. This year there is a stage in Mel's plaza, sooooo yea, a bus is a "no go". That area becomes a clusterf**k during showtimes, the last thing you want is a big scenic prop making the path more narrow.

Irma could cause some further 'deconstruction'.  I would be removing anything that isnt tied down and this would affect all the scarezones and stuff like the corn.   The entire first week of the event is in jeopardy as Irma looks to be coming in Cat 4 or 5 and modeled to run right up the coast.  Ugh.  Its not going to be a fun two weeks (Im in Atlanta and will get the remnants a few days later, most likely)

5 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

It amuses me that you guys would honestly expect a "new" set up for The Purge. Its basically cheap & easy. If anything, i'd be more annoyed if they don't bring back the flame bar.

No it doesn't. We had the bus in 2008 & it was a short bus. "IF" they want to use the bus again, it can be at the Kidzone hub at the end of Central Park.

Also, in 2008, there was no stage. This year there is a stage in Mel's plaza, sooooo yea, a bus is a "no go". That area becomes a clusterf**k during showtimes, the last thing you want is a big scenic prop making the path more narrow.

I agree with wesker it's cheap and easy, has brand recognition, and universal doesn't have to worry about rights problems. It has a history of being their go to replacement. With scream, and ouija, and might have been a replacement for something else that was supposed to go in that area this year. Like someone else said if they have the light up masks and light up car most people will think it's new enough and it fits in that area in the city landscape

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

Irma could cause some further 'deconstruction'.  I would be removing anything that isnt tied down and this would affect all the scarezones and stuff like the corn.   The entire first week of the event is in jeopardy as Irma looks to be coming in Cat 4 or 5 and modeled to run right up the coast.  Ugh.  Its not going to be a fun two weeks (Im in Atlanta and will get the remnants a few days later, most likely)

It's going to be interesting for sure! I remember last year they even took down most of the AoV stage with the last hurricane threat. Considering Rock the Universe is this weekend, I am interested to see what they do. I'm sure Universal is watching this storm VERY closely. Just have to wonder if they cancel Rock the Universe, I wonder if/when they would reschedule it.

As someone who lives in Houston and has felt the wrath of a major storm that WAY overstayed it welcome less than 10 days ago, please get prepared if you live anywhere in it's path! Gas, food and water where SO hard to come by for days after the storm. Was at the grocery store today and still some shelves are bare. 

Seeing on Twitter that a lot of elements in the streets have been removed already for the Hurricane. The tattered cloth between Minions and Shrek is gone. Everything but the pumpkins and the front doors are gone in Trick R' Treat (elements on and around the front doors are gone). The cloth behind the spaceship that was hiding the construction of F&F has been removed. The AOV stage started having it's lighting removed and will be lowered. Small parts of Purge have been removed. I'm also thinking that some house facades have had some things removed (like the projector at Blumhouse and probably the corn stalks) but we just can't see them.

I'm expecting quite a few more things to come down in the next few days. Rock the Universe has been canceled on Saturday and the concerts on the AOV stage are being moved into a soundstage.

• Mark M. unpinned and locked this topic