Ash vs Evil Dead

HHNManics

2 hours ago, faceleg said:

I'm really excited for this one. I really hope the rumor isn't true that it's gonna be more Evil Dead 1/2, and that it's the comedy house for this year. 

They pretty explicitly say it's the show in the official announcement...going so far as to talk about the puppet.  Goes against what everybody was saying before (Though Infrit implied it had changed) and I'm happy with the decision.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/hhn-news.php#AvED

I am thrilled to announce that Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights™ is partnering with the STARZ original series Ash vs Evil Dead this haunt season. As fans of the series (and of course the earlier films), all of us on the Creative team have been waiting years to bring this title to Halloween Horror Nights™.

"Okay, uhh…obviously I know exactly what's going on but, for the sake of these people, maybe you should explain."

When developing a new haunt experience based on one of your favorite movies/shows/etc., different challenges may arise. Creatively as a team, we want to give you, the fans, the best experience possible while still embracing the authenticity to the movie/show. I feel that this house lives up to the stories found within the Ash vs Evil Dead series, and isn't that what every fan wants to say?

"Just stand behind me, and let the broomstick do the talking..."

We're going to take you, regardless of your awareness of the show or the characters, and throw you into the loud, brash, and very bloody world of Ash. There are Deadites to kill and evil to stop, let's get to it.

...with stops in Choke-lahoma City and Die-ami..."

The house will feature various locations from the first two seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead and lots of blood. And for those "in the know," the answer is yes...We'll be going back to the cabin; with a few other surprises along the way.

"What? You never saw a guy with a chainsaw hand before?"

This is our blood-soaked, milk-eyed, crass, rock n' roll amped, chainsaw-wielding felt puppet, love-letter to everyone and everything connected to Ash vs Evil Dead.

"Hey, Granny! I hope you took your Geritol. It's time to dance!"

It's time to start daydreaming of chainsaws revving (if you're not already) and grab your tickets now for Halloween Horror Nights™.
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, ForeverEvil1 said:

Based on e-mails, the official subtitle for this maze is "Trail Of Carnage". Why this needed a subtitle, I don't quite get.

That implies to me that we will be all over the place, rather then mostly in the cabin, so we can follow Ash and his "trail of carnage" through his trailer, Kelly's house, the diner, the asylum, Pablo's Bruho's place. Stuff like that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really excited for this house. I havent seen the show but am a fan of the movies and the house they did back in 2013.

I have a feeling this will be more of a campy house. More so on the lines of From Dusk Til Dawn back in 2014, which was a must go for my group every night we went.

I don't think it's streaming anywhere yet....but you can purchase the first season on Bluray for like $15.  Worth every penny.  Second season just came out so it's a bit more expensive, but I THINK you can buy/stream it on Amazon for like $25.

SPOILER ALERT for the show, but doubt it would ever make an appearance at HHN (They wouldn't even show the Titty Twister text)...but the funniest segment ever to air on TV.  The infamous "Not in the butt!" scene.  If you are on the fence about purchasing the show...this should instantly make you pull out your credit card and buy it :)  It's in season 2.

WARNING Nudity, Cussing, Violence, and....well.....shit.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3410013/nsfw-ash-vs-evil-dead-clip-everyones-talking/

Edited by Oysterhead00

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 4:35 PM, duh1011 said:

Could anybody tell me where the exit to this maze is? I'm still figuring out a solid gameplan, and this house could make or break the plans depending on exit location

The entrance and exit are both Kidzone. There's only one house entrance there this year, so no bouncing right into a tent after exiting. 

• Like 1

I have one tiny gripe about this house:

in the show, Eli is Ash's pet bearded dragon. In the airstream, we see Eli's tank, but the animal they put inside it is a skink, not a bearded dragon. I'm overanalyzing, but since I have a pet bearded dragon Eli's my favorite character. Other than that, love this house.

Edited by Hawthorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have only seen the ED movies and never watched the show.  But it didn't prevent me from enjoying this house.  Loved the sets and there are plenty of hidden scares!  My only gripe: this has got to be the new queue of death.  The way they rerouted it makes it seem longer than any other queue I can recall, and I've waited in them all.  Went in last night around 7pm, 5 minute wait posted.  That 5 minute wait felt like it was solely for the length of time to make the walk.  What's worse is, unlike past years when exiting the Parade Building, they route you back the way you came.  So you walk the full queue twice!

Say what you want about HHN, but you are always guaranteed a cardio workout.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I know everything outside the house is fairgame for photos, so is the last Ash fairgame?  I always want to snap a photo but the fact there is like 5 security guys standing there makes me nervous.  (And how does that suck to be that scareactor, having several grumpy looking security folks watching you all set long?)

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, scaredbenny said:

So I know everything outside the house is fairgame for photos, so is the last Ash fairgame?  I always want to snap a photo but the fact there is like 5 security guys standing there makes me nervous.  (And how does that suck to be that scareactor, having several grumpy looking security folks watching you all set long?)

You can always ask, right?  The only reason I could think of for a reason they wouldn't allow it is to prevent a log jam of everyone trying to get a picture there - if they see someone else doing it.  Inevitably, someone would try for a selfie.

• 2 weeks later...

I've fallen in love with this house and last night I just noticed something, is there like a blanket with Jack on it in the house?  I forget which room as for some reason I was walking with my head tilted and at that angle one of the sides looked like one of those MAD magazines foldouts where you would have to look at it with the just the right view and creases and it was Jack... or I could have been tipsy... either would be logical... lol

On 10/21/2017 at 0:09 PM, scaredbenny said:

I've fallen in love with this house and last night I just noticed something, is there like a blanket with Jack on it in the house?  I forget which room as for some reason I was walking with my head tilted and at that angle one of the sides looked like one of those MAD magazines foldouts where you would have to look at it with the just the right view and creases and it was Jack... or I could have been tipsy... either would be logical... lol

jack who?

• Mark M. changed the title to Ash vs Evil Dead