An Idea I had for a "Scary/ funny" House...

Nightcrawler

Hey,
Here's an idea I've had for quite a while on what could be the "Scary/ Funny" House one year.
I remember one year, while waiting in line for a House in which the line took us through the kiddie section, I couldn't help noticing that the Barney statue in that section of the park looked rather spooky at night. That gave me a House idea:
The House has us going through a TV station which is used for filming a 'Barney and Friends'- esque kids' tv show. Problem is, the people in charge of casting didn't do a good enough job with the psychological screenings/ background checks for applicants, and thus unwittingly hired a deeply mentally disturbed man to play the main character on the show. One day, the day we are taking a tour of the station, he finally snaps and goes on a homicidal rampage throughout the studio. We pass through one section of the studio/ set after another, beholding all kinds of creepily funny carnage and dodging the demented main actor. An idea I had for a neat detail to the House to make it more scary is that, while the psychotic main actor is in his "Character" costume throughout his rampage, each successive room of the House has his costume looking more ragged and battle- damaged (i.e. The first room has his costume perfectly intact other than possibly a bloodstain, the second room there's a noticeable tear in it, and by the final room it's in tatters).
What do you guys think?

Edited by Nightcrawler
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hey,
Here's an idea I've had for quite a while on what could be the "Scary/ Funny" House one year.
I remember one year, while waiting in line for a House in which the line took us through the kiddie section, I couldn't help noticing that the Barney statue in that section of the park looked rather spooky at night. That gave me a House idea:
The House has us going through a TV station which is used for filming a 'Barney and Friends'- esque kids' tv show. Problem is, the people in charge of casting didn't do a good enough job with the psychological screenings/ background checks for applicants, and thus unwittingly hired a deeply mentally disturbed man to play the main character on the show. One day, the day we are taking a tour of the station, he finally snaps and goes on a homicidal rampage throughout the studio. We pass through one section of the studio/ set after another, beholding all kinds of creepily funny carnage and dodging the demented main actor. An idea I had for a neat detail to the House to make it more scary is that, while the psychotic main actor is in his "Character" costume throughout his rampage, each successive room of the House has his costume looking more ragged and battle- damaged (i.e. The first room has his costume perfectly intact other than possibly a bloodstain, the second room there's a noticeable tear in it, and by the final room it's in tatters).
What do you guys think?

this just sounds fucking awsome, and wouldn't it be neat if the guy thought that he was the character, one scene the guy wearing the costume will have kicking kids legs in his mouth similar to the la llorana scene but a scareactor 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 2:58 PM, themazethinker said:

this just sounds fucking awsome, and wouldn't it be neat if the guy thought that he was the character, one scene the guy wearing the costume will have kicking kids legs in his mouth similar to the la llorana scene but a scareactor 

Glad you like it!
What you described could be cool, if they could pull such an effect off with a scareactor. I envisioned him wielding an axe or something similar, but now that you mention it, I could also see him becoming so insane that he believes he is his character, and if that character happens to be a predatory creature, hooo boy!

27 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Glad you like it!
What you described could be cool, if they could pull such an effect off with a scareactor. I envisioned him wielding an axe or something similar, but now that you mention it, I could also see him becoming so insane that he believes he is his character, and if that character happens to be a predatory creature, hooo boy!

Have the kicking legs of the kid be an animatronic, in a costume built to support the workings. Of course, how could he be eating the kid if it's just a costume?

Also, good idea.

• 1 month later...

That sounds like a fantastic idea for a house, but the one key factor that's missing is what drives him over the edge or why he wanted the job to begin with. 

For instance, you say that the man is mentally unhinged to begin with, which leads to a lot of options. He could believe that he himself is the character kind of like with HR Bloodengutz or he actually hates children and took the job to psychologically or physically scar them and his breaking point, again like Bloodengutz, is his termination, so he wreaks havoc through the station in a fit of rage even crossing over to the other studios/sets (Which could lead to a hilarious queue video where he hijacks different fictitious shows). Or you could have him try to create a cult of personality with the character and try to brainwash kids into a personal army who want to fulfill his bloodlust. 

Also I would imagine this is set perhaps in a time where kids TV was popular since kids today seem more glued to their tablets instead of the TV. Maybe set this in the mid 90s when Barney and other such shows were in their fever pitch and set the mood for the house. 

You got a solid base for a comedy house, just needs a bit of fine tuning. 

On 9/15/2017 at 9:29 PM, AbeLinkedIn said:

That sounds like a fantastic idea for a house, but the one key factor that's missing is what drives him over the edge or why he wanted the job to begin with. 

For instance, you say that the man is mentally unhinged to begin with, which leads to a lot of options. He could believe that he himself is the character kind of like with HR Bloodengutz or he actually hates children and took the job to psychologically or physically scar them and his breaking point, again like Bloodengutz, is his termination, so he wreaks havoc through the station in a fit of rage even crossing over to the other studios/sets (Which could lead to a hilarious queue video where he hijacks different fictitious shows). Or you could have him try to create a cult of personality with the character and try to brainwash kids into a personal army who want to fulfill his bloodlust. 

Also I would imagine this is set perhaps in a time where kids TV was popular since kids today seem more glued to their tablets instead of the TV. Maybe set this in the mid 90s when Barney and other such shows were in their fever pitch and set the mood for the house. 

You got a solid base for a comedy house, just needs a bit of fine tuning. 

Thanks for your input!
Yeah, he could use a motive. I think the idea that, like Bloodengutz, he had just been fired and that set him over the edge, could work.
As for your idea of him even going through the other studios/ sets, I was actually just thinking that idea myself! For instance, there could be rooms with him rampaging through the sets of things like a morning talk show, a cooking show (Perhaps we at one point see a severed head in a cooking pot), and a 'Friends'- esque sticom!

• 3 months later...