HHN Hollywood 2017 Audition + Discussion

2 hours ago, JonaMar said:

Haha fun, I was at a wedding with Gio on Saturday, fun guy. 

I was there too... ;)

I had an audition booked Saturday at 1pm but eventually I didn't show up because I didn't want to keep getting my hopes down after not making it in the first audition. I guess I'm meant to be a maze host hahah

Emails started going out. Haven't heard anything myself yet but some people I know have gotten them.

On 7/17/2017 at 4:25 PM, XNaut said:

I got a letter from Universal Studios and it said I am prohibited to work for them.

I was just thinking about this again. Did you have any attendance points?

Yep, emails are going out. I'm told they will go out into tomorrow, so don't panic if you haven't received one yet.

Not that it matters much, but how **does** one get the little "Scare Actor" moniker on here? Got my e-mail despite some pretty staggering unavailability. Kind of shocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fallow said:

Yep, emails are going out. I'm told they will go out into tomorrow, so don't panic if you haven't received one yet.

Not that it matters much, but how **does** one get the little "Scare Actor" moniker on here? Got my e-mail despite some pretty staggering unavailability. Kind of shocked.

Contact a mod and ask for it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

Emails started going out. Haven't heard anything myself yet but some people I know have gotten them.

I was just thinking about this again. Did you have any attendance points?

I didn't have attendance points.

19 minutes ago, HorrorRat said:

Hopefully they keep sending more over the next couple weeks.

They will. There is plenty more to come. I auditioned last year on July 7th and got my casting email August 1st, so 3 weeks I wanna say? It sucks but we just gotta be patient.  

Congrats to everyone who received an email already! 

Edited by KissARat
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Final date for employment is 8/9/2017. So I'm guessing that the last emails to be sent out will be 8/2/2017. 

There's really not a "final date for employment", as long as you don't get the "You have not been casted" email you are still under consideration and can be called in at anytime to work HHN. People tend to drop out if they have a "boring role" or if they don't like pool.

This is my 2nd year,  ( if I get casted ) but if there's any veterans that think I'm wrong please correct me

Edited by KissARat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KissARat said:

There's really not a "final date for employment", as long as you don't get the "You have not been casted" email you are still under consideration and can be called in at anytime to work HHN. People tend to drop out if they have a "boring role" or if they don't like pool.

This is my 2nd year,  ( if I get casted ) but if there's any veterans that think I'm wrong please correct me

Only my 3rd year if I get cast so not a veteran either, but you've got it right. I haven't heard anything either and I know quite a few people I expect to return that haven't heard either. I expect another large batch to go out either tomorrow or next week. I'm not giving up hope until August/after current employees are cast because they get cast last.

2 hours ago, KissARat said:

What I meant for final date of employment is that by august 9th, the batch of people who are going in for the 15-17 orientation, will have gotten an email. I'm holding out for the "if you don't get an email by 8/9/17" then you straight up won't have been cast, exception being if someone leaves and they have to fill the role.

34 minutes ago, Darkblackrain said:

So I just got my email and it says that i am either a finalist, or have been cast in, for this year's event. And it also says that they will be finalizing casting over the next couple of weeks. Should I feel excited, concerned or both?

It's just them looking for more tall dudes. They know that if they send an email with only the part about what they're looking for, they'll be bombarded by inquiry emails. You can basically ignore it, unless you know a tall dude.

Edited by kingundisputed_

2 hours ago, ldh5086 said:

I went in for my paperwork, but when do the next steps happen? 

Next week or so you'll get info about orientation and possibly a costume fitting. I know they have callbacks for a speaking role tomorrow (anybody get asked to  attend that?) and more auditions so they'll probably send out the info after that.

• Like 1