Ideas for Houses (Get Ready to Hate Me)

DocNiktMarr

1 hour ago, Fear2010 said:

I was checking CS Lewis’s list of books and novels he written. He actually dabbled the sci-fi horror genre once with one book called the Dark Tower that began as the conclusion to the Space Trilogy. Man, he is definitely one of those authors I’d make him represent at the event of his most notable work with a haunt attraction treatment in some form if I was a show director for HHN other HP Lovecraft and Rudyard Kipling - It totally makes sense now! 

Another thing worth mentioning about Narnia is the Stone Table from The Lion, The Witch, and Wardrobe. I could picture Jadis practicing a sacrificial ritual where she kills the Narnians on the table that were kidnapped by her while the guards paste around the zone to scare off the guests. I wouldn’t include Aslan for this idea cause that would be too controversial, and it should instead set between the first two books from the series during the Age of Winter. 

I’m just not sure how they could pull off the snowy settings for this zone idea. When Jadis took over Narnia, it was winter for centuries and no Christmas when the witch only celebrates for herself. 

They could probably use snow machines to give the effect that it's always winter.

Also if Jadis was the Icon for a HHN event (even if it'll most likely never happen), I imagine the Jadis-ruled Narnia scare-zone would be her Icon scarezone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

Here it is! My take of a Narnia zone called The White Witch & The Stone Table! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArUW8xOLoYqEoCpyM9hGBhTkfiFkaEysrKB702vNmXU/edit

Nice.

As for how I imagined a HHN event that has Jadis as the Icon, maybe it could be kinda like HHN 15 where it'd take place in Narnia when Jadis ruled it or just a mix of original and IP haunts with some of them probably having a conncection to Jadis herself.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Twilight59 said:

Nice.

As for how I imagined a HHN event that has Jadis as the Icon, maybe it could be kinda like HHN 15 where it'd take place in Narnia when Jadis ruled it or just a mix of original and IP haunts with some of them probably having a conncection to Jadis herself.

This may sound too much like fan fiction, but what If there was a crossover of her and Terra Queen? The Storyteller could speak about how they connected their home worlds and formed an alliance as she turns her own story into life. I sometimes get the feeling 15 and even Gorewood at 30 may had a hint of Narnia influences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

This may sound too much like fan fiction, but what If there was a crossover of her and Terra Queen? The Storyteller could speak about how they connected their home worlds and formed an alliance as she turns her own story into life. I sometimes get the feeling 15 and even Gorewood at 30 may had a hint of Narnia influences.

That sounds pretty cool.

It could make for some really cool haunts and scare-zones if that were to actually happen.

Edited by Twilight59
  • Like 1

Also I do have a haunt idea that maybe considered too much like fan fiction and most likely wouldn't happen at HHN.

The haunt itself takes place in Metropolis (the setting from the 2004 Deadtropolis scare-zone and the 2006 Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege) and follows a festival/convention gone wrong that celebrates all types of media due to a spell gone wrong that was supposed to open up a gateway to the multiverse to prove that all fiction are real out there somewhere and a result, fictional characters from all types of media have been summoned and the city itself has gone to chaos because of it with the humans fending them off to survive in this hellhole.

This all happened before the Apocalypse started (the fictional event that happens in my Apocalypse-themed HHN event) btw.

Edited by Twilight59
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here’s my newest zone idea inspired by Jackass as a parody of the only watchable reality show aired on MTV. Before you guys read, I want y’all to play “Corona” by Minutemen on YouTube for the experience. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FbfFR9t77j7qpVIZ3FDSllMe_a7SCD1id8_V-QZBGVY/edit

Edited by Fear2010

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Almost got my next house idea done. I’ll be adding the final touches next week. But tomorrow this week, Nick and Shamus from the Fear & Beer podcast will showcase my first two HHN haunted house ideas as an In-Depth episode.

Dude, that’s awesome! I’m excited to hear your house ideas on their episode. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sinfear said:

Dude, that’s awesome! I’m excited to hear your house ideas on their episode. 

They’ll be talking about these houses. Both of them are updated on Google Docs for some improvements and more additions to emphasize the experience of my ideas. I want them to look nice and ready for Nick & Shamus to read. 

The Jungle House: Perils of Terror

A Scary Tales type of house with a Hindu folklore spin inspired by the Jungle Book as a cultural love letter to India. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11VKaDeRSk25dkj5ZLq_iICYPJF5YgbeIGgbQ501ogiE/edit

Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral

A music house inspired by a classic industrial masterpiece based on my interpretation of the album.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11GMMubevP6-SnNok3l7PTM5j-o_5qg3fV9dKenp_baE/edit

• Like 1

They’ve mostly been busy with a lot of things outside of their podcast for more than a month other than Christmas and some rough moments, which is why there are less recently uploaded episodes, so I wouldn’t be surprised if their next episode will be delayed. Maybe It could be better than what I’m expecting cause of how much they love my house ideas. 

• Like 1

Though I did enjoyed the newest episode of Fear and Beer, they decided not to showcase my house ideas on their podcast cause they don’t want anyone to think It was theirs. So, I’ve decided to add the final touches of my newest house idea and drop it here instead. Fullmetal Alchemist was my inspiration for this, and it revolves around the Homunculi. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EuNzKtMiBvjdnflfWg4qCzupkjpjyN4eNd0jeX8sT-4/edit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Finally got my newest zone idea done inspired by the Treaks & Foons from the Islands of Fear year at 02. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AbkiasltYctNW9sheK6lRUoMUceDrQlU5XSjqy8MuYw/edit

I love this concept of a new Treaks & Foons scarezone, especially since my only experience with them was in Eddie’s Revenge from 30. And it makes sense for this to be located in Plaza of the Stars too. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Sinfear said:

I love this concept of a new Treaks & Foons scarezone, especially since my only experience with them was in Eddie’s Revenge from 30. And it makes sense for this to be located in Plaza of the Stars too. 

Thanks! I always felt the Plaza is in a very cartoony area of Production Central, which Is why I wanna put them over there with some sort of spin to offer something different. Got one more zone idea for the event theme before I get on to the next. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my newest scarezone idea done! It’s my take of doing an icon zone with Cindy with a Sweet 16 vide in a surreal and supernatural spin, the addition of the Caretaker, and even took some inspirations from the Port of Evil zone, and the Orfanage: Ashes To Ashes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FxwaTdYEMAWmMmFPHeplmr76g-BPp_xHRHQGLVjarYs/edit

• Like 1

@Sinfear @pumpkinbot343 @DocNiktMarr

With ten houses and five zones done, I’ve made a full lineup page of my own event theme idea as a thank you for enjoying my ideas. It’s all about nostalgia with Cindy as an icon. I would like to see you guys rank them from the bottom to the top as your most wanted to experience in person if they were to happen in reality.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FzzmiYdi4h6jhALkmxgBEOPo1OISeDLniI5w4KRCRgg/edit

Edited by Fear2010
  • Love 1