Ideas for Houses (Get Ready to Hate Me)

DocNiktMarr

28 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

DEANIMATION:

If you're familiar with indie games, you may think a maze based off of old-time cartoons is based off of Bendy and the Ink Machine. And you're right!.. sorta. Really more on Matpat discussing Max Fleischer and his occult themes. Really more "What if the villain in the original plan for Cool World was actually a god-like army?" than "What if Bendy got a house at HHN?".

Darrin Adler was a small-time animator who never claimed the same fame as Disney nor Fleischer, but has gained a cult following in recent years. A local film enthusiast purchased some of the original reels, and organized a little film festival centered on the shorts. Things went well, until a mysterious fire started behind the screens. Within the next minutes, Adler's creations busted through the screen, warping reality to meet their surreal expectations.

The warped maze is mostly B&W, with red and orange shades scattered throughout. Monster scaracters are dressed like old-time cartoon characters, some funny animals and some humans, many with larger-than-life weapons. Some scenes:

• The Theater: The first few rooms. The facade is simple enough, ignoring the fading colors, creepy silhouettes lurking about, and suspicious ink stains. Once inside, The lobby is a chaotic mess, with chairs strewn about (some lodged in the wall), a dead concession stand worker, and various posters depicting Adler, some consisting of photos and other as self-portraits. Be wary on the self portraits, they may be hiding malevolent caricatures of himself. Then the actual theater, where slaughtered men lay in the seats. Of course some are really cartoons. Exit through the torn screen.
  • The Bar: The bar scene from Gremlins, replace the Gremlins with cartoon characters, pretty much. Some toons are torturing people, some getting completely wasted, and to are dueling with guns, the loser proceeding to take a shot of whiskey, which pours out of the bullet holes. The bartender begs for help, only to be threatened by another toon.
  • The Alley: A group of toons, some drunk from the last scene, are roughing up a guy, sometimes turning on each other. A drunk clown stumbles through some trashcans, threatening the guests with a broken bottle.
  • The House: Skip a few. At this point, inanimate objects are coming alive, people are living despite horrible life-ending wounds, and some of the toons aren't looking so hot. Enter the house, where the table is feral and a toon family are trying to kill each other. However, the big thing is the fireplace, which has warped into a gateway to the netherworld, which is spewing smoke and faking a fire. And you have to walk through it. Yay.
  • Hell: Here, we get a little backstory. Adler made a certain type of deal to make his cartoons walk and talk, expecting to make it so that his cartoons would be easier to animate. Sure, they might have been a little easier to animate, but Adler lost his soul and now his creations are wreaking havoc throughout existance. These rooms are basically mockeries of cartoons, where the toons torture humans and each other.
  • Darrin Adler: The final room. Darin Adler is now a (Stilt-Walker) Half-Toon Half-Demon, threatening to force guests to experience the eternal torture he has lived through. Near the exit, a warped Caricature and his "Mickey" attack the guests.

The soundtrack is mostly swing/jazz, with only a few breaks. (Does "Let's All Go To The Lobby" count? And is that even period appropriate? Aw, who cares.) Some contortionists would be perfect for some scaracters, enabling characters to bend and twist like their inspirations. As for the "Mickey", what would be Adler's iconic character? Who would make up the ensemble that would appear the most? I haven't the clue, but mice, cats, rabbits, lapdogs, demons, and bears are probably off-limits.

i would like to hear your rick and morty haunted house idea since im a big fan of the show

• Like 1

Rick And Morty: PetRickfied

I imagine that the facade would have a lazy look to it, basically being a portal with some R&M props around it - A wanted poster for Rick and Morty, a spare plumbus lying about, a cup, pen, and notebook somewhere to the side, and two Council Ricks interrogating a Universal Security Guard (The three - static props with a sound system - argue over things related to the house, such as the guard asking how "There even is a council after the events of The Rickshank Redemption", the Ricks trying to kill the man but their guns jamming, etc) outside the fence. As you can imagine, once you get into the house (The portal is projected onto curtains), things pick up:

• Entrance: After going through the facade, you go through a revolving tunnel made to look like the portals.
  • Smith Garage: Of course, the house leads to Rick's Lab. Rick (Via recordings of Justin Roiland) explains just how stupid you are for entering the house, and states that his portal gun is going haywire, meaning that, if you want to get to your home reality, you're going to have to chance it with the portals. Morty, struggling to keep the door closed, complains that, of all times, Rick's gun goes nuts when Zeep escapes his dimension and gathered many of Rick's worst enemies (In a simpler way than that, probably). Zeep can be heard threatening Rick from behind the door. (You can replace Zeep with anyone, really, it's just the first thing that popped into my mind.)
  • Scary Terry: Terry's boiler room. Morty casually explains that Terry is actually "Cool" with him and Grandpa, only for Rick to point out that it's the guests that are in danger. Terries will hide behind the machinery and under the walkway.
  • Mr. Meeseeks: A room full of Meeseeks who have all gone insane from failing at their quest to kill Rick C-137, mirrors giving the illusion that the army is bigger than it really is. The lighting is provided from sparks from the broken light fixtures and muzzle flashes from the Meeseeks' guns. And to top it all off, several Meeseeks are complaining. (sorry.)
  • Fart: The room is filled with blue gas with several balls of colored light, with Goodbye Moonmen playing. A suicidal gear cop will rush guests.
  • The Council: The Council of Ricks are putting Morty and Rick (Or Summer) on trial. Riq IV lists their crimes, before getting sidetracked by "That one dumbass" (A random guest that the Scaracter picks). A couple of Rick guards then follow them through the room. Other Ricks include Dumb Rick (With a bloody hammer), Commander in Chief Rick, and a SEAL Team Rick.
  • Uncertain Ricks: Rick's Lab. Summer and Morty and distracting the Time Cop, while Rick (Two Actors constantly ducking behind cover, aided by the strobe light) engages in a firefight with himself.
  • The Federation: Aw, Birdperson is getting married! Except Tammy pumps him full of whatever the ammo of Galactic Federation guns is. Several Gromflomites hide in the pews, waiting to attack other wedding guests.
  • Memory Parasites: Rick, Morty, Summer, and Beth hold there own against the Parasites, causing blood and guts to splatter everywhere. Several parasites flop around, dead, and Jerry can be seen mournfully making out with the half-parasite Sleepy Gary, before lunging at guests. (Never happens in the episode, and Parasites don't turn slowly enough for it to happen. I imagine Universal and Adult Swim would fine tune these ideas.)

These are ideas for rooms, out of order, missing several. If a Rick and Morty house does come to Halloween Horror Nights, the people making it would probably come up with a better idea than I did.

And there should be a Krampus poster in the house, as an Easter egg. And TheMazeThinker, your opening idea was pretty good, too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

I imagine that the facade would have a lazy look to it, basically being a portal with some R&M props around it - A wanted poster for Rick and Morty, a spare plumbus lying about, a cup, pen, and notebook somewhere to the side, and two Council Ricks interrogating a Universal Security Guard (The three - static props with a sound system - argue over things related to the house, such as the guard asking how "There even is a council after the events of The Rickshank Redemption", the Ricks trying to kill the man but their guns jamming, etc) outside the fence. As you can imagine, once you get into the house (The portal is projected onto curtains), things pick up:

• Entrance: After going through the facade, you go through a revolving tunnel made to look like the portals.
  • Smith Garage: Of course, the house leads to Rick's Lab. Rick (Via recordings of Justin Roiland) explains just how stupid you are for entering the house, and states that his portal gun is going haywire, meaning that, if you want to get to your home reality, you're going to have to chance it with the portals. Morty, struggling to keep the door closed, complains that, of all times, Rick's gun goes nuts when Zeep escapes his dimension and gathered many of Rick's worst enemies (In a simpler way than that, probably). Zeep can be heard threatening Rick from behind the door. (You can replace Zeep with anyone, really, it's just the first thing that popped into my mind.)
  • Scary Terry: Terry's boiler room. Morty casually explains that Terry is actually "Cool" with him and Grandpa, only for Rick to point out that it's the guests that are in danger. Terries will hide behind the machinery and under the walkway.
  • Mr. Meeseeks: A room full of Meeseeks who have all gone insane from failing at their quest to kill Rick C-137, mirrors giving the illusion that the army is bigger than it really is. The lighting is provided from sparks from the broken light fixtures and muzzle flashes from the Meeseeks' guns. And to top it all off, several Meeseeks are complaining. (sorry.)
  • Fart: The room is filled with blue gas with several balls of colored light, with Goodbye Moonmen playing. A suicidal gear cop will rush guests.
  • The Council: The Council of Ricks are putting Morty and Rick (Or Summer) on trial. Riq IV lists their crimes, before getting sidetracked by "That one dumbass" (A random guest that the Scaracter picks). A couple of Rick guards then follow them through the room. Other Ricks include Dumb Rick (With a bloody hammer), Commander in Chief Rick, and a SEAL Team Rick.
  • Uncertain Ricks: Rick's Lab. Summer and Morty and distracting the Time Cop, while Rick (Two Actors constantly ducking behind cover, aided by the strobe light) engages in a firefight with himself.
  • The Federation: Aw, Birdperson is getting married! Except Tammy pumps him full of whatever the ammo of Galactic Federation guns is. Several Gromflomites hide in the pews, waiting to attack other wedding guests.
  • Memory Parasites: Rick, Morty, Summer, and Beth hold there own against the Parasites, causing blood and guts to splatter everywhere. Several parasites flop around, dead, and Jerry can be seen mournfully making out with the half-parasite Sleepy Gary, before lunging at guests. (Never happens in the episode, and Parasites don't turn slowly enough for it to happen. I imagine Universal and Adult Swim would fine tune these ideas.)

These are ideas for rooms, out of order, missing several. If a Rick and Morty house does come to Halloween Horror Nights, the people making it would probably come up with a better idea than I did.

And there should be a Krampus poster in the house, as an Easter egg. And TheMazeThinker, your opening idea was pretty good, too.

Crap, forgot:

• Purge: The Amish Purgers are attacking guests, Arthricia is firing Rick's gun, and Morty is going crazy in his battlesuit. The door of the lighthouse will burst open, revealing the lighthouse owner tumbling out to his death.
  • Needful Things: Mr. Needful is dangling from the noose in his office, only for the lights to go out. When they come on, Needful appears behind guests.

To be honest, I only have a sliver of an idea of what I'm doing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

since this idea was so good i decided to post it on the rick and morty reddit and see if anyone else can come up with neat ideas . don't worry i gave credit 

• Like 1

Just now, DocNiktMarr said:

Not a problem, I just didn't expect that to happen.

also i made one other room too

interdimensional cable; the room will be similar to the last scene to house of horrors in 2012, basically the room will be covered in static and as you walk through multiple of the tv characters will jump out like ants in my eyes johnston, trunk people, and of course gazopazorpfield

• Like 1

Just now, themazethinker said:

also i made one other room too

interdimensional cable; the room will be similar to the last scene to house of horrors in 2012, basically the room will be covered in static and as you walk through multiple of the tv characters will jump out like ants in my eyes johnston, trunk people, and of course gazopazorpfield

I didn't think adding the Interdimensional Cable episodes could work. You proved me wrong.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

MONSTER MUSIC:

This would probably end up being the main event house if there was an HHN event where the icon had a musical theme.

• Facade: The facade would be a giant, Drew's Famous-style album cover, with the five songs having some presence on the cover. Other songs will play in the queue line, such as Flying Purple People Eater, Riboflavin-Flavored Non-Carbonated Polyunsaturated Blood, Halloween (She Gets So Mean), and Somebody's Watching Me, to name a few. The Album Cover (I think it'd depict a cartoony band, made up of Frankenstein's Monster, a ghost, a skeleton on trombone, and a Transylvanian playing while a zombie in a Thriller Jacket dances) would light up in time with the queue music.
  • Monster Mash: Enter Frankenstein's castle, where two guards harass you (Unless you speak the magic phrase - "Boris sent me/us", at which point they accept you as "guests") but permit you entrance to the castle. First off, pass a stage where Bobby Pickett (By projection or scaracter) is performing the titular song. The next room is the "party room". The room is full of monsters (Mostly classic Universal and NotLD Zombies), some of which attack, either for laughs or because they're genuinely hungry. Finally, enter the backstage. Igor is jamming out, surrounded by rabid dogs. There are five coffins, some of which contain a Crypt Kicker scaracter. Exit through a tunnel. The area is in black and white.
  • Ghostbusters: Exit the tunnel into the Ghostbusters firehouse, where Slimer is making a mess and Janine isn't really caring, but will be give warnings to guests. The Ecto-1 is parked, but hides Rowan's Ghost (I'm mixing continuities, sue me). Ray Parker Jr's music video plays on a TV on Janine's desk. Exit into New York, where the several ghosts from the movies and cartoons create panic. Exit through a tunnel, where Ray and Egon emerge from a manhole, covered in mood slime and attacking guests, and Staypuft slams his foot through the roof.
  • The Time Warp: At the end of the tunnel is a room, where, behind a screen, The Criminologist dryly observes things about the guests and explains the story of the movie (Until his role comes on, where he mimes out the performance). Further in the room is Riff Raff and Magenta, miming the song in the room before the ballroom. Enter the Ballroom, where Sequinned Transylvanian have a good time, only stopping to intimidate guests. (Word of advice: Don't wear stripes.) At the end of the ballroom, Frank-N-Furter appears, robed, at the top of the stairway. He will remove the cape (Which stays in place) and jump down (Via harness built into the costume, if possible) and threatening guests in a camp manor.
  • A little Piece of Heaven: A screen shows projections of the Boyfriend's murder of the Girlfriend (In Silhouette) and various date activities (Dancing, Repairing the broken neck, dinner, but not the Boyfriend's favorite part). Next to the screen is an apartment door, which busts open to reveal the red-eyed boyfriend clutching a bloody knife. Further down the line is the Boyfriend's living room, where the Girlfriend's corpse reanimates and lunges at guests. Enter a revolving tunnel set as Hell, and exit to a Church/Graveyard, where the couple ties the knot (The Priest is not zombified yet) and cause havoc among the living. At the end of the Graveyard is a forest with a Werecat Micheal Jackson, leading to...
  • Thriller:  Exit the movie theater, where Micheal dances for his girl, oblivious to the dead rising from a nearby graveyard. Then comes the alley, where Zombie Micheal Jackson leads the Flash Mob of the Dead. Take refuge with the girl in the direlict house, which predictably becomes overrun with zombies. Exit the house and the maze, but watch out for a Micheal Jackson from the end of Thriller, including glowing yellow cat eyes.

Each song has an army of "Generics", minor scaracters who try to scare guests. Monster Mash has classic Universal Monsters, Ghostbusters has some of the zombie-ish ghosts from the movies (Like the cabbie and the Red Sox fan (Again, mixing continuities. Well, when the icon only becomes a monster in the reboot, what else am I to do?)), Time Warp has Transylvanian, ALPoH has the Skeleton Choirboys, and Thriller has zombies.

Any other ideas for songs? They could be in a hypothetical sequel, if the hypothetical house is popular enough.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

MONSTER MUSIC:

This would probably end up being the main event house if there was an HHN event where the icon had a musical theme.

• Facade: The facade would be a giant, Drew's Famous-style album cover, with the five songs having some presence on the cover. Other songs will play in the queue line, such as Flying Purple People Eater, Riboflavin-Flavored Non-Carbonated Polyunsaturated Blood, Halloween (She Gets So Mean), and Somebody's Watching Me, to name a few. The Album Cover (I think it'd depict a cartoony band, made up of Frankenstein's Monster, a ghost, a skeleton on trombone, and a Transylvanian playing while a zombie in a Thriller Jacket dances) would light up in time with the queue music.
  • Monster Mash: Enter Frankenstein's castle, where two guards harass you (Unless you speak the magic phrase - "Boris sent me/us", at which point they accept you as "guests") but permit you entrance to the castle. First off, pass a stage where Bobby Pickett (By projection or scaracter) is performing the titular song. The next room is the "party room". The room is full of monsters (Mostly classic Universal and NotLD Zombies), some of which attack, either for laughs or because they're genuinely hungry. Finally, enter the backstage. Igor is jamming out, surrounded by rabid dogs. There are five coffins, some of which contain a Crypt Kicker scaracter. Exit through a tunnel. The area is in black and white.
  • Ghostbusters: Exit the tunnel into the Ghostbusters firehouse, where Slimer is making a mess and Janine isn't really caring, but will be give warnings to guests. The Ecto-1 is parked, but hides Rowan's Ghost (I'm mixing continuities, sue me). Ray Parker Jr's music video plays on a TV on Janine's desk. Exit into New York, where the several ghosts from the movies and cartoons create panic. Exit through a tunnel, where Ray and Egon emerge from a manhole, covered in mood slime and attacking guests, and Staypuft slams his foot through the roof.
  • The Time Warp: At the end of the tunnel is a room, where, behind a screen, The Criminologist dryly observes things about the guests and explains the story of the movie (Until his role comes on, where he mimes out the performance). Further in the room is Riff Raff and Magenta, miming the song in the room before the ballroom. Enter the Ballroom, where Sequinned Transylvanian have a good time, only stopping to intimidate guests. (Word of advice: Don't wear stripes.) At the end of the ballroom, Frank-N-Furter appears, robed, at the top of the stairway. He will remove the cape (Which stays in place) and jump down (Via harness built into the costume, if possible) and threatening guests in a camp manor.
  • A little Piece of Heaven: A screen shows projections of the Boyfriend's murder of the Girlfriend (In Silhouette) and various date activities (Dancing, Repairing the broken neck, dinner, but not the Boyfriend's favorite part). Next to the screen is an apartment door, which busts open to reveal the red-eyed boyfriend clutching a bloody knife. Further down the line is the Boyfriend's living room, where the Girlfriend's corpse reanimates and lunges at guests. Enter a revolving tunnel set as Hell, and exit to a Church/Graveyard, where the couple ties the knot (The Priest is not zombified yet) and cause havoc among the living. At the end of the Graveyard is a forest with a Werecat Micheal Jackson, leading to...
  • Thriller:  Exit the movie theater, where Micheal dances for his girl, oblivious to the dead rising from a nearby graveyard. Then comes the alley, where Zombie Micheal Jackson leads the Flash Mob of the Dead. Take refuge with the girl in the direlict house, which predictably becomes overrun with zombies. Exit the house and the maze, but watch out for a Micheal Jackson from the end of Thriller, including glowing yellow cat eyes.

Each song has an army of "Generics", minor scaracters who try to scare guests. Monster Mash has classic Universal Monsters, Ghostbusters has some of the zombie-ish ghosts from the movies (Like the cabbie and the Red Sox fan (Again, mixing continuities. Well, when the icon only becomes a monster in the reboot, what else am I to do?)), Time Warp has Transylvanian, ALPoH has the Skeleton Choirboys, and Thriller has zombies.

Any other ideas for songs? They could be in a hypothetical sequel, if the hypothetical house is popular enough.

while not a halloween song it is a horror song

counting bodies like sheep - as we enter into the room it will be in a slaughterhouse. you walk past a couple of hanging bodies and see a butcher chopping off someones leg. the butcher will have a sheep mask on [ somewhat like the you're next masks ] and swipe at the guests 

• Like 1

A departure from the usual: SCAREZONE IDEAS:

• Welcome to the Jungle: Wrath of the Idol: A team of pirates (Modern, not PotC pirates) were cruising along the Amazon, cargo of drugs or something, when they found a mysterious golden idol. The captain took it to sell later, thinking not much of it. When morning came, the crew found the idol fused to the captain, haven taken over his mind and body. With this, the idol has cursed the crew, and the land, turning the people into its undead minions and the beasts into humanoid guardians.
  • Phantom of the Opera: Closing Night: An... interesting idea I had. The scarezone contains several stages, and throughout the shifts, certain scenes will be reenacted, including the giant chandelier "Falling" on the scarezone. (It will drop a few feet, but it's held in place by several cords that should stop it.) Disregarding the stars, the scaracters will be various depictions of the Phantom, including the original Lon Chaney Sr, Robert Englund, and William Finley (not that I've actually seen these movies...).
  • JACK'S CLOWN TOWN: Some make you laugh, some make you cry, these clowns are good at making you die! This scarezone features Jack the Clown gathering many killer clowns from all over fiction, such as Joker, Pennywise, Needles Kane, and Twisty, in one place to unleash mayhem.
  • Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror Nights: Experience the annual Simpsons Halloween early this year, where Springfield has warped into a Halloween nightmare. Between a trio of scaracters disgruntled over losing their job and a clown's sidekick obsessed with murder to an ancient vampire that runs the local power facility and the Devil himself hiding among the pious, can you survive?
  • The Graveyard: Over time, the old Shady Oaks Graveyard has fallen into disrepair with teenagers breaking in for wild parties and other stupid things. However, after one idiot knocked the G off the sign, the dead had finally decided that they had enough and began to party loud enough to wake the dead... ergh... you know what I mean. Don't let the party atmosphere fool you, the rave is just a trap to draw people into the cemetery, where they will be put to an eternal rest. A disturbed eternal rest.
  • Santa's Slay: The local Santa's Village at Carey should've been a blast, if it wasn't built over a toxic waste dump. It's going to be a red Christmas, where the good little boys and girls try to hide from Creepy Old St. Nick and his mutant elves, reindeer, and snowmen.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

More House ideas:

• RUN: To Hell and Back: Ever since Jack was locked back in the box and Chance was arrested, Eddie Schmidt hit a hard time running RUN. However, while digging around a junkyard for deathtrap parts, he found a locked box labeled "DO NOT OPEN". Figuring that nothing could harm him worse than his brother, he blasted the crap out of that sucker and found an ancient tome, unscathed by the explosion, detailing the malevolent spirits of the underworld, their strengths and weaknesses, and most importantly, how to get there. Now, Eddie has a new home for RUN, and he's taking all challengers.
  • Halloween Havoc: Every Halloween, Bill DeToum gets his friends and family together to build a yard haunt. Not as scary as a professional theme-park haunt, but the kids like it. However, this year, the haunters become the haunted. (...sorry.) A band of spirits have risen from the dead and taken over the haunt, turning the fake terrors inside all too real.
  • Tokyo Yokai: Every culture has a set of myths and urban legends, and Japan is no different. As the moon rises in Tokyo, various monsters make their way to the streets to cause mischief, panic, and torment. Will you be able to take a night in the city, or will you meet an untimely end?
  • Y2K: New Fear's Eve: The date is December 31st, 1999, and the setting is a house of a survivalist who thought that computers would roll back to zero that midnight. He was wrong on the computer bug guess, but he was close - a nearby lab accidentally pulled Electromagnetic Megalopteric Parasites (a species of giant humanoid bugs that feed on electricity and can turn flesh into power) into this dimension. Will civilization make it until next year? There's only one way to find out, and you're going to be there first-hand.
  • Dr. Asimoff's Robotics Factory: Dr. Damien Asimoff claims to have invented a new robot, that would make human soldiers obsolete, and is making the rounds, asking for investors. Or so he claims - he's really a supervillain holding the world at ransom, with his robotic army being the weapon that will bring the world to its knees if demands aren't met. Infiltrate the plant, but be warned: Asimoff's first rule of robotics is "No Witnesses!"
  • The REDACTED Conspiracy: A small town has nothing to hide, right? You'd think so, and so would the residents of Brightridge. However, someone thinks they know too much, and a unit of Men in Black are picking the residents off like flies. What could they possibly be hiding? Are they even aware? Did I even plan that far? (NOTE: The Men in Black are not the same Men in Black from the movies, rather being humanoids in black trenchcoats, fedoras, and human masks that fall in the uncanny valley. Are they humans? Robots? Aliens? Something else entirely? I don't know.)
  • Gangsterland Cutthroats: Al Capone may be the most powerful crime boss in Chicago, but after the arrival of a new syndicate, he's no longer the most feared. Calling themselves the Chicago Slashers, these mad dogs aren't in it for the usual money and power, but for blood and carnage. Face the gauntlet of rusted eye-gougers, motorcycle-riding interrogators, cannibalistic enforcers, and noxious liquor fumes ONLY if you're brave - or stupid enough - to face the Slashers.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

More House ideas:

• RUN: To Hell and Back: Ever since Jack was locked back in the box and Chance was arrested, Eddie Schmidt hit a hard time running RUN. However, while digging around a junkyard for deathtrap parts, he found a locked box labeled "DO NOT OPEN". Figuring that nothing could harm him worse than his brother, he blasted the crap out of that sucker and found an ancient tome, unscathed by the explosion, detailing the malevolent spirits of the underworld, their strengths and weaknesses, and most importantly, how to get there. Now, Eddie has a new home for RUN, and he's taking all challengers.
  • Halloween Havoc: Every Halloween, Bill DeToum gets his friends and family together to build a yard haunt. Not as scary as a professional theme-park haunt, but the kids like it. However, this year, the haunters become the haunted. (...sorry.) A band of spirits have risen from the dead and taken over the haunt, turning the fake terrors inside all too real.
  • Tokyo Yokai: Every culture has a set of myths and urban legends, and Japan is no different. As the moon rises in Tokyo, various monsters make their way to the streets to cause mischief, panic, and torment. Will you be able to take a night in the city, or will you meet an untimely end?
  • Y2K: New Fear's Eve: The date is December 31st, 1999, and the setting is a house of a survivalist who thought that computers would roll back to zero that midnight. He was wrong on the computer bug guess, but he was close - a nearby lab accidentally pulled Electromagnetic Megalopteric Parasites (a species of giant humanoid bugs that feed on electricity and can turn flesh into power) into this dimension. Will civilization make it until next year? There's only one way to find out, and you're going to be there first-hand.
  • Dr. Asimoff's Robotics Factory: Dr. Damien Asimoff claims to have invented a new robot, that would make human soldiers obsolete, and is making the rounds, asking for investors. Or so he claims - he's really a supervillain holding the world at ransom, with his robotic army being the weapon that will bring the world to its knees if demands aren't met. Infiltrate the plant, but be warned: Asimoff's first rule of robotics is "No Witnesses!"
  • The REDACTED Conspiracy: A small town has nothing to hide, right? You'd think so, and so would the residents of Brightridge. However, someone thinks they know too much, and a unit of Men in Black are picking the residents off like flies. What could they possibly be hiding? Are they even aware? Did I even plan that far? (NOTE: The Men in Black are not the same Men in Black from the movies, rather being humanoids in black trenchcoats, fedoras, and human masks that fall in the uncanny valley. Are they humans? Robots? Aliens? Something else entirely? I don't know.)
  • Gangsterland Cutthroats: Al Capone may be the most powerful crime boss in Chicago, but after the arrival of a new syndicate, he's no longer the most feared. Calling themselves the Chicago Slashers, these mad dogs aren't in it for the usual money and power, but for blood and carnage. Face the gauntlet of rusted eye-gougers, motorcycle-riding interrogators, cannibalistic enforcers, and noxious liquor fumes ONLY if you're brave - or stupid enough - to face the Slashers.

the tokyo yokai, y2k, and the conspiracy sound good, when i read the redacted conspiracy i thought it would be a scp house lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UNCLE SAM'S MYTHICAL MONSTERY TOUR

After the whole HR Bloodengutz fiasco years back, Channel Twelve was wary to air a show about a man with a horror theme. Despite this, Uncle Sam Aine has become an icon to the children of Carey, with his show teaching about the creatures of American myth, folklore, and literature. Obviously, letting the man have a little haunted exhibit at the local museum seemed like a good idea, letting children see the costumes and sets and including more facts, delivered by Sam himself via projection (Think Ripley in the tomb at the Gatlinberg Odditorium. You don't think you can touch him, but he has a presence and he's going to teach you something weird.) And the preparation went great - they managed to make an interesting experience, the actors got into their roles, and they even kept Sam's corny sense of humor in all the projections. However, the day before opening night, a cursed artifact for another upcoming exhibit was brought in, bringing several of the beasts to life. Now, as Uncle Sam unknowingly lets you into the madhouse, prepare to "learn" some things that will haunt you for a lifetime - at least, what you have left.

• Facade: A museum. A giant banner hangs above entry, featuring a mash-up of Halloweenish and Patriotic images arranged in a way that makes it look like it's the design of Sam's van. Other banners include some of the monsters (Bigfoot, the Lizard Man, and Jersey Devil).
  • The Meet-N-Greet: Uncle Sam stands before a recreation of his "base", happily interacting with the guests. He'll answer questions, especially about the validity of the monsters (He won't say they're real, but he won't say they're dangerous), the upcoming exhibit (He's fairly certain that it's not cursed), but not about Larry Kurtzberg, for obvious reasons. An usher will remind guests not to mess with exhibits before letting them in. (Monster rooms can be in any order.)\
  • Bigfoot: A faked forest, with a camper van by the opening, Uncle Sam in the window. A Sasquatch Lurks outside the camper, confused by the thing and reacting with hostility to the guests. A second Sasquatch lurks by the exit, rushing at guests.
  • The Lizard Man: What was supposed to be a skit where a Clemson fan and a Carolina fan's campfire argument is interrupted by the Lizard Man of Lee County has gone horribly wrong, with one slashed open and the other panicking out-of-character. In the woods by the campsite, Uncle Sam gives some information on the sightings of the monster, which hides behind a mangled car.
  • H. P. Lovecraft: The interior of a small Innsmouth shack, where parts of Cthulhu can be seen breaking in. Uncle Sam calmly sits down in the middle of the shack, teaching about the life and works of Lovecraft. Due to the curse, the actors here, playing people from Lovecraft's own time, have warped into hostile fish people. Also in the room is Lovecraft's cat, but that's just because. Sam may bring it up, but it shall remain nameless.
  • The Jersey Devil: A colonial village. Sam, in period clothing, stands in a doorway, casually has a discussion about the thing with Deborah Leeds, except that the actress playing Deb is crying in the corner, freaking out when the Devil jumps down from the rooftops. Another devil hides near the exit, bursting out of a storage shed.
  • Wendigo: A snowy forest where Sam has a hard time cooking a meal over a small campfire. He gives warnings about the wendigo, oblivious to the fact that his warnings carry weight, with a few Wendigo statues coming to life. (Played by actors on stilts, hidden in the trees.)
  • Chupacabra: A small barn in New Mexico. The prey of a Chupacabra call from within the stalls, supposedly being protected by Sam. However, the true reason the Chupacabra isn't attacking them is because they are fake. When the projection points out the Chupacabra's hiding spot (Which flashes with a lightning effect revealing it to be empty), The Chupacabra will strike guests.
  • Area 51: A giant video screen features Sam proposing some popular theories on what's in the bunker, while several scientists are attacked by the greys they were supposed to be pretending to investigate. One grey rushes guests with a large, silver chainsaw.
  • Sleepy Hollow: Before a covered bridge, a headless Sam looks for his head, which is in a bush, giving instructions between parts of the Sleepy Hollow story. In the bridge, a panicking, burnt Ichabod Crane leaps at guests, and when they exit, they are attacked by the Headless Horseman.
  • Finale: After a few more exhibits, you get to the exit, a storage room featuring the broken artifact. Uncle Sam struggles to escape from some unseen monster, telling guests to save themselves and apologizing before being dragged back in. The final scare is from a mixture of beasts from the house.

Okay, so it isn't all Cryptids, but I think that Sam would've had episodes dedicated to American authors, and maybe an episode where Area 51 calls on him to demonstrate and explain some science experiments.

Most Sams, aside from the first and last, are either projected straight onto a screen or are static props with the face a projection. The exception would be Sleepy Hollow's, where an actor plays Sam's body.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

UNCLE SAM'S MYTHICAL MONSTERY TOUR

After the whole HR Bloodengutz fiasco years back, Channel Twelve was wary to air a show about a man with a horror theme. Despite this, Uncle Sam Aine has become an icon to the children of Carey, with his show teaching about the creatures of American myth, folklore, and literature. Obviously, letting the man have a little haunted exhibit at the local museum seemed like a good idea, letting children see the costumes and sets and including more facts, delivered by Sam himself via projection (Think Ripley in the tomb at the Gatlinberg Odditorium. You don't think you can touch him, but he has a presence and he's going to teach you something weird.) And the preparation went great - they managed to make an interesting experience, the actors got into their roles, and they even kept Sam's corny sense of humor in all the projections. However, the day before opening night, a cursed artifact for another upcoming exhibit was brought in, bringing several of the beasts to life. Now, as Uncle Sam unknowingly lets you into the madhouse, prepare to "learn" some things that will haunt you for a lifetime - at least, what you have left.

• Facade: A museum. A giant banner hangs above entry, featuring a mash-up of Halloweenish and Patriotic images arranged in a way that makes it look like it's the design of Sam's van. Other banners include some of the monsters (Bigfoot, the Lizard Man, and Jersey Devil).
  • The Meet-N-Greet: Uncle Sam stands before a recreation of his "base", happily interacting with the guests. He'll answer questions, especially about the validity of the monsters (He won't say they're real, but he won't say they're dangerous), the upcoming exhibit (He's fairly certain that it's not cursed), but not about Larry Kurtzberg, for obvious reasons. An usher will remind guests not to mess with exhibits before letting them in. (Monster rooms can be in any order.)\
  • Bigfoot: A faked forest, with a camper van by the opening, Uncle Sam in the window. A Sasquatch Lurks outside the camper, confused by the thing and reacting with hostility to the guests. A second Sasquatch lurks by the exit, rushing at guests.
  • The Lizard Man: What was supposed to be a skit where a Clemson fan and a Carolina fan's campfire argument is interrupted by the Lizard Man of Lee County has gone horribly wrong, with one slashed open and the other panicking out-of-character. In the woods by the campsite, Uncle Sam gives some information on the sightings of the monster, which hides behind a mangled car.
  • H. P. Lovecraft: The interior of a small Innsmouth shack, where parts of Cthulhu can be seen breaking in. Uncle Sam calmly sits down in the middle of the shack, teaching about the life and works of Lovecraft. Due to the curse, the actors here, playing people from Lovecraft's own time, have warped into hostile fish people. Also in the room is Lovecraft's cat, but that's just because. Sam may bring it up, but it shall remain nameless.
  • The Jersey Devil: A colonial village. Sam, in period clothing, stands in a doorway, casually has a discussion about the thing with Deborah Leeds, except that the actress playing Deb is crying in the corner, freaking out when the Devil jumps down from the rooftops. Another devil hides near the exit, bursting out of a storage shed.
  • Wendigo: A snowy forest where Sam has a hard time cooking a meal over a small campfire. He gives warnings about the wendigo, oblivious to the fact that his warnings carry weight, with a few Wendigo statues coming to life. (Played by actors on stilts, hidden in the trees.)
  • Chupacabra: A small barn in New Mexico. The prey of a Chupacabra call from within the stalls, supposedly being protected by Sam. However, the true reason the Chupacabra isn't attacking them is because they are fake. When the projection points out the Chupacabra's hiding spot (Which flashes with a lightning effect revealing it to be empty), The Chupacabra will strike guests.
  • Area 51: A giant video screen features Sam proposing some popular theories on what's in the bunker, while several scientists are attacked by the greys they were supposed to be pretending to investigate. One grey rushes guests with a large, silver chainsaw.
  • Sleepy Hollow: Before a covered bridge, a headless Sam looks for his head, which is in a bush, giving instructions between parts of the Sleepy Hollow story. In the bridge, a panicking, burnt Ichabod Crane leaps at guests, and when they exit, they are attacked by the Headless Horseman.
  • Finale: After a few more exhibits, you get to the exit, a storage room featuring the broken artifact. Uncle Sam struggles to escape from some unseen monster, telling guests to save themselves and apologizing before being dragged back in. The final scare is from a mixture of beasts from the house.

Okay, so it isn't all Cryptids, but I think that Sam would've had episodes dedicated to American authors, and maybe an episode where Area 51 calls on him to demonstrate and explain some science experiments.

Most Sams, aside from the first and last, are either projected straight onto a screen or are static props with the face a projection. The exception would be Sleepy Hollow's, where an actor plays Sam's body.

that, was, awsome, can't wait for your new houses

• Like 1

Y2K: New Fear's Eve

Let's go back to what may possibly be the internet's favorite decade. The Nineties. What everyone conveniently forgets is that the public feared that civilization would crumble when 2000 rolls around because computers identified years by the last two numbers. As Jack the Clown can attest, that did not happen. However, what if the Y2K bug wasn't just an integer overflow? What if the name was for something far more sinister - and literal?

Enter John. He's a good man who loves his family and is always a little paranoid about the latest End-of-the-World theory. The survival bunker is stocked, he has some friends over, and they're watching the last ball drop of the 90's. Should the need rise, they can head to the bunker before the looters can get to them. However, in a nearby facility, a late-night test in interdimensional travel has brought forth a race of creatures that feed off of electricity. With these Electromagnetic Megalopteric Parasites (EMPs, the scientists may have been dying but they died with a sense of humor) on the loose, John may not make it long into the new year... care to join him?

Some of the general areas:

• Facade: John's house. Music related to an end of an era (Prince's 1999, Europe's The Final Countdown) can be heard in the queue, and there are some decorations still left up from Christmas. For some odd reason, the lights (Both porch and seasonal) keep flickering every so often...
  • House: Entering the facade, you arrive in John's living room. John and some friends sing Auld Lang Syne as the TV shows New York's ball drop. However, as the countdown nears midnight, the power goes out, save for some flickering. A few seconds later, an EMP Elite breaks through the wall behind the TV, roaring. Through the rest of the house, lights flicker, normal EMP attack guests, and John's group fight back.
  • Bunker: From the backyard to the Bunker, where lighting is a bit steadier. However, some of the new inhabitants are starting to turn. Crazed survivalists and guns in a closed environment? Never a good idea. Making it worse is that the EMPs break into the bunker, leading to the next part of the maze.
  • The Woods: A near-dark tangle of trees. EMPs are hiding throughout, scaring guests and leaving behind a few remains of victims. Some of John's party are fighting back, but there are also some looters who will attack guests. Or be eaten by an EMP.
  • Lab: Enter the laboratory, where various scientists and cleaning personnel have been mauled by the EMPs. It's a claustrophobic mess of flickering lights, giant bugs, and sparking electricity. Near the end is the nest. Made up of electrified fencing (Some EMP scaractors will create sparks - nothing that a guest will touch), hatching eggs, and a giant queen, the nest was built around the portal that summoned the buggers. Every so often, it goes off, blinding guests. Exiting the maze, you are attacked by a couple of EMPs.

There are a few classes of EMP:

1. Queen: There is only one. The most insectoid in appearance, it's giant and fleshy, with a few bits of chitin armor. It also has a wingspan covering the nest.
  2. Elites, about the size of a big dog. They are often used to bash through walls. A bit more humanoid than the queen, but still more insectoid than anything.
  3. Drone: The Scaractor class. Covered in metallic chitin, these monsters can hide in any hole or crevice - under beds, behind trees, in a cupboard - or just wait in the open to bait an idiot closer. They are rarely seen alone. The costumes will feature clacking claws and mandibles.
  4. Larvae: Small, blobbish creatures the size of a chihuahua that are coming out of eggs. They are transparent, and when they hatch, they'll hiss and light up with a crackle of electricity.

I'm not sure I followed that, and I wrote it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been long overdue...

TERRORLOCK MOUNTAIN!

This is it, agent. Your first assignment. Infiltrate the massive lair of Quentin Terlock, AKA the evil overlord Terrorlock, look for weaknesses in anything - defenses, technology, the foot soldiers' armor - and report back. But your first mission won't be a cakewalk. We have many of our best men locked up somewhere in those dark halls, some of which have probably been killed, either in an interrogation or a weapons test. The fate of the world depends on you, agent. Do us, and your momma, proud. Fail us, and be glad you won't live to see the chaos he'll unleash.

• FACADE: Terrorlock Mountain is a giant volcano, with the entrance to the maze being a skull carved out of a rock face. Every so often, the volcano "erupts", with smoke and fire. There are two queue videos, the first being a showcase of various tortures and superweapons from spy films, the second being a briefing from "The Chief".
  • Area 1: This area is mainly populated by soldiers and guards. The first room is a "reception office", where a receptionist alerts of intruders, "No Threats detected." Sometimes, a bunch of guards burst through an opposite hallway. Down a hallway, a janitor pushes a mop down the hallway, pausing only to grab a gun from his cart and attack the guests. Guests then walk down a shooting range, feeling the "bullets" from the soldiers. Another room, I don't know where to put it, is a break room that's, in contrast to everything else, bright and welcoming. A bunch of guards are hanging out, one dancing to amuse the others, only for the dancer to be shot by an elite, dragged off, and replaced. It's an optional scene.
  • Area 2: The Mechanics' workspace. There's a garage, a superweapon workshop, and a normal weapons shop. Mechanics hide about the area, under work benches, behind machinery, in tool closets, wherever. Lighting is fluorescent lights that tend to flicker.
  • Area 3: The Labs. Scientists work with chemicals, weapon prototypes, and electronics. They're ignoring the potentially toxic gas permeating through the labs, concerned with fixing their equipment or scaring away guests.
  • Area 4: The Prison and torture chambers, which tend to alternate. Wardens attack guests, assuming that they're escaped prisoners, while actual prisoners have breakdowns and lunge out behind bars. Torture rooms have devices like The Rack, Electroshock Therapy, Chinese Water Torture, The Brain Digger, and of course, The Bond Laser.
  • Area 5: The Mercenary and Assassin Barracks. A hallway full of doors, with the mercenary's name and codename on their door. Many have demonstrated their techniques, leaving their weapons lodged in the wall opposite their doors, and some come out to attack. Mercenaries will include a hatchet-thrower, a Deadshot-esque sniper, a card-thrower, an arsonist, and a Chainsaw-wielder. (Not all will appear in-person.)
  • Area 6: Deep Lair. Guards are replaced with elites. The only rooms I can think of are the Board Room, where a representative of Terrorlock commands a less-than-coorporative invester/hostage into a pit of magma, and Terrorlock's Throne Room, where Terrorlock swears that he will take over the world and make the guests suffer, while the floor opens up (Aside from the walkway), and reveals magma (Achieved by holograms and some glass panels under the walkway).

The henchmen:

• Soldiers, Guards, and Elites: Soldiers wear all-black armor, meant to be practical yet intimidating, with a helmet with a shiny black visor that exposes only the mouths. Guards have golden patches on their kevlar vests, and Elites have white fabric under their black armor, and a white X on their helmets. They are the most uniform, professional, and common henchmen. Wield firearms or combat knives.
  • Mechanics: Blue-jumpsuit clad greasemonkeys. Oil-covered, unhinged, and slightly redneck. They can have bandannas, goggles, safety glasses, and respirators as variations to their costumes. Wield wrenches, circular saws, anything you could find in a workshop.
  • Scientists: The meekest of the henchmen. Wearing lab coats and Pilot's gas masks, they're more scared of you than you are of them. Wield pencils, tasers, pens... whatever's laying about at the moment.
  • Wardens and Technicians: Wardens wear black jumpsuits, Sunglasses, and peaked caps, and guard the jail cells. Technicians swap the caps and glasses for goggles or gas masks, and work the torture devices. Wield batons, rolls of quarters, and tasers, when not playing with a torture weapon.
  • Mercenaries and Assassins: A varied group. Each and every one has an appearance related to their gimmick (The Hatchet Thrower would have a harness covered in hatchets, the card-thrower would be undercover as a street magician, etc), and don't have an agreed set of standards - they are independent contractors, after all.

Feels good to get that out of the way.

• Like 1

TOKYO YOKAI

There's spooky creatures in Japan. You're in Tokyo. I've never been to Tokyo. I have no idea how to describe this house, aside from the initial pitch.

• FACADE: The whole house is set in a run-down part of Tokyo, and the facade reflects that. A Japanese Manga shop, dimly-lit except for neon and black lights, covered with graffiti, and advertising horror stories in the windows. In the queue, audio of somber warnings of the Yokai, in either English or Japanese, play.
  • The Vendor's Store: A basement-dweller type guy stands behind the counter, taunting guests. The scaracter can press a button that will cause tentacles to emerge from the shelves, which he will reveal to be a prank.
  • Kichusake Ona: Outside the rear of the shop is a pretty woman wearing a filter mask. (Pretty women will be a recurring theme, I guess. Sorry.) She asks, "Am I pretty?",  when someone gives a response, she'll rip her mask off and reveal a hideous Glasgow grin. "AM I PRETTY NOW?" She'll attack guests with scissors.
  • Futakuchi-Onna: A late-night diner, tended by a lone chef who is rightfully panicked. At a table is the monster of the room, a woman sitting down while her hair acts as tendrils, and a Mouth Of Sauron-esque maw on the back of her neck roars at guests. Another Futakuchi-Onna will rush guests. The costume will have the girl's head on the back of the scaracter, the neck will control the mouth, and the scaracter's arms are hair tendrils.
  • Kappa: A water fountain that has been overrun by Kappa. One stays in the fountain, spitting water at guests, while two others are more up close and personal with their antagonism.
  • Teke Teke: Another alleyway, this one having a window with a woman sitting in it. If you couldn't tell by the name, the woman is the ghost of someone who was split in half at the waist, and she will jump out of the window. Another Teke Teke will be waiting around the corner.
  • Jorogumo: A woman stands outside of a seemingly-abandoned warehouse, beckoning guests to come inside. Inside the warehouse is a maze of spider webs, with cocooned victims, hatchling spiders the size of chihuahuas, and drider-esque creatures with faces somewhat resembling women. There will be some non-drider transformed jorogumo, who instead have multiple eyes and spider fangs. (from here to the next house, a middle-aged woman's horrid cackling can be heard. My website source says that there's a ghost woman that haunts prostitution districts with this.)
  • Kitsune: A "bar", guarded by a bouncer that has fox's fangs and ears where human ears go (Think of fluffy elf ears). In the bar, women with similar features, plus tails and claws, tend to curtained rooms while a dancer does her thing upon a catwalk. The "waitresses" growl and claw at guests, with human screams coming from behind the curtains. The last curtained room contains a giant, rabid animatronic quadruped fox that is clearly looking for more meals after feasting upon an unfortunate, unfaithful victim.
  • The Toilets: From the bar, enter a set of bathrooms. Aka Monto will burst out of the fourth stall, with the blood-stained/suffocated victim in his grasp. Exit through the next stall, where a Kurote's hand reaches from the toilet, grasping. The wall behind the toilet is busted, where Kurote himself, missing his hand, attacks from a perch.
  • Nurikabe: A maze of walls and allies. Scaracters line the walls in costumes made up to look like the walls they are assigned to, and will rush to victims/block guests from off-limit paths. 
  • Rokorukobi: Enter a house, where two ladies are sleeping. One, a normal rokorukobi, has her head, and her extended neck, near a lamp, licking the oil from the lantern. The other seems to be a normal woman, until her head flies off, screaming, revealing red eyes and a horrid maw. (Again. Do I have a problem?)
  • Shrine: Another beautiful woman with bad teeth (Ohaguro Bettari) cackles at guests, but doesn't act too malicious. Passing the doorsteps of the shine, a Jikininki jumps down and growls and chases guests. A gagoze will attack after the Jikininki distracts guests.
  • Finale: A Gashadokuro sits atop a building, clawing on the walkway while making loud rattling and clacking noises. Kichusak Ona, a humanoid Jorogumo, and a nurikabe hide withing the scene.

It's like Knott's Shadowlands, but modern and with a different set of Yokai. Of course, there could always be room for more monsters.

Thanks to Yokai.com for information for a lot of these beasts. And pardon the lack of special characters, I don't know how to add them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror!

Halloween came early for the Simpsons. Not saying much, but as you walk into what remains of Everscream Terrors, you also enter the twisted tales of Halloween past, where everyone will die and evil is law. Enter... the Treehouse of Horror.

Rooms:

• Facade: The Queue is lined up through a small replica of Springfield Cemetery, with some old gag gravestones and some new, and possibly some characters from Springfield reenacting scenes from the opening of V. The actual facade is a replica of the Simpson home, decorated as Everscream Terrors, except that Tragedy has struck, leaving Homer pinned by the treehouse. Songs from the episodes and quotes (Marge's content warnings, ominous messages, and lines uttered by fools tempting fate) play throughout the queue. Simpsons characters will have more... human proportions that the Simpson Mascot costumes.
  • The Raven: Part one is a bit like Murdy's transitions, a black hall. The exception is that there is a window, where Homer converses with the Raven. Part two is after Homer gets fed up with the raven's antics, and tears his room apart. The problem is that you're in the room, too.
  • Clown Without Pity: Homer tries escaping the doll on the couch, as it pulls itself up, brandishing a knife. In the transition, Homer bursts through a door, trying to get the Krusty Doll off.
  • The Devil and Homer Simpson: The Simpsons living room, turned into a courtroom by Devil Flanders. There's the Jury of the Damned, Homer in his fire cage, and instead of Death, Flanders stands in the  Judge's Podium, Taunting the guests. Lionel Hutz hides in the room.
  • The Shinning: The "No Beer and No TV" scene. Marge is hiding with a bat near the typewriter, while Homer tries to goad her into surrendering her weapon from the stairway. Every so often, a flash of lightning will reveal the scrawlings on the wall.
  • Nightmare Cafeteria: Teachers roam the hall, looking for students to capture and turn to lunch. Willie will tear down the hall, offering freedom, except... you know how it goes. The next room has Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse cowering on the catwalk over the blender. A group of faculty members will rush guests from the other side.
  • Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace: Bart and Lisa are struggling with Spider Willie, strangling them with his legs. A normal Evil Willie will pop out from a hole in the playground fence, threatening guests with a rake.
  • Hell Toupee: Snake/Homer tears Bart's room apart with a sledgehammer, chasing Bart. Bart will duck between guests, causing Snake to try to get through them to get to Bart.
  • Terror of Tiny Toon: A more garishly-colored room, Itchy and Scratchy fight back, after being forced to torture each other for amusement. A giant homer watches on the other side of the screen, demanding bloodshed and slaughter in any form.
  • I Know What You Diddily-Did: The Simpsons house is covered in bloody threats from the mysterious stalker, who hides in the room, revealing himself with a flash of lightning. In the transition, the Werewolf Ned rushes guests.
  • Don't Have a Cow, Mankind: The scene where Apu frees the Simpsons from the abandoned cars. Apu tries to free the truck, blasting zombies that get too close.
  • Wanted: Dead, Then Alive: Sideshow Bob's Reanimation chamber. Bob tortures Bart through means that can vary, depending on the cast.
  • Finale: The Simpsons family couch. Marge and the Kids are sitting down, Marge reassuring that everything that just happened was a nightmare. Homer tries to beat the tube to working state, claiming that the only things on are crappy Halloween specials and whatever movies and shows are represented that year. However, from various parts of the room, burst Bob, Flanders, Skinner, Willie, and Itchy.

It'd need fine-tuning, and the concept could probably work better as a series of houses. Maybe one for classic monster parodies, one for slasher parodies, one for the more fantastic segments... and also, it's a long shot. I mean, I get the feeling that Batman's universal appeal is the reason Arkham hasn't appeared at Six Flags, and The Simpsons is up there with Batman in recognizability and marketability to children - You probably shouldn't, but you could do worse. And also, it'd be odd, a haunted house where everyone's cartoonish and yellow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

More ideas:

• Slaughter Penitentiary: Locked within the walls of this high-tech facility, various super-powered crooks are supposed to be rehabilitated over time. However, after the arrest of a criminal mastermind, tensions between prisoner and warden boiled over, eventually leading to several of the superbeings to break out of their cells and attack the guards. Blood will be spilled in the gauntlet of fire, ice, lightning, wind, and various other abilities turned against man.
  • The Hallows Best Forgotten: Those vintage photos are always good for a scare, right? Those creepy costumes, clearly crafted from whatever they could get their hands on, yet done so masterfully as to leave chills in those black-and-white memories. But even if most revelers in those pictures are simply having a good time, there are souls from those bygone days stuck in an eternal limbo, being forced to endure the pain that they inflicted, their essence locked in those costumes as they rot to nothing. And every Halloween, several unlucky people in the mortal realms will be trapped in the limbo, where they will be hunted and haunted by the souls.
  • A Halloween Carol: Fleeing from the cops, a serial killer that takes a life every Halloween takes refuge in a church. As he tries to patch his wounds, an old partner in crime appears, an apparition, warning of the afterlife that awaits him, and of the three ghosts of Halloween that will show him his start of darkness, the results of his murders, and what lies beyond...
  • The Great Halloween Scare-A-Thon: Grab some blinky cups and twisted tators and find a comfortable seat, we have a lot of movies to watch! Starring an escaped mental patient, an adorable - but deadly! - god of Halloween, a scarecrow possessed by a wrongly-killed man, Rob Zombie's messed-up family, ALSO Rob Zombie's messed-up little game, and a house full of demons, this marathon will have chills and thrills galore!
  • The Circus Invasion: Welcome to Burnham Bros Circus and Sideshow! The clowns may be a little... depressing when out of the big top, but they're stand-up guys. And Billy and Barney Burnham, while notorious cheapskates, try their best to make the sideshow interesting. Take, for example, this odd egg thing, glowing green in the moonlight. We don't know what it is, but it sure looks otherworldly. However, one night, the trailers outside the circus are visited by Martians, who know exactly what the egg is, and they're seriously pissed and want it back. For once, the clowns aren't your enemies... but will any human survive the night?
  • Containment: As you walk past the checkpoints, the guard dogs noticed something... off... about you. So instead of the sanctuary of the post-apocalyptic safe haven that is New Orlando, you're sent to the containment bay, where your fellow infected are experimented on, abandoned, and forced to watch as the men on either side succumb to the virus and become blood-thirsty zombies. You may try to escape, but at what cost?
  • A series of houses based off of Ex-Heroes. It's a good book series, and they'd have some pretty cool scenes. I imagine that each book gets a house. The basic premise is that Superheroes exist, and a small bunch of supers patrolled the streets of San Francisco, up until people started turning into zombies. And it's not just that. Each book has a different touch (The first has the villains be the remains of a gang called the Seventeens, the second is set around meeting the soldiers maintaining a military base, the next involves a demon getting vengeance, the fourth is an oddball about the characters not being sure if the series' normal zombie apocalypse setting is real or just a persistent hallucination in their mundane lives (Plot twist: There are exes), and the fifth is split between making contact with a group of survivors on an artificial island and getting a sizable area of farmland away from the main cities ready to become a new, dependable source of food - that last plot is more interesting than I just described), and almost every book has flashbacks to the early days of the apocalypse, where barely anyone would know what to do. Some problems would be that their would be several puppets for the "giant" characters, that would probably see little use, almost everyone on the forum is tired of zombies (But then again, sometimes, the zombies do surprise people), and the fact that the characters built The Mount (The first survivor city) in Paramount even though Universal was also open. Still, I think it'd be an awesome series of houses.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

more house ideas i have a problem please stop me

• Christmas Creep: Slay Ride: What was supposed to be a happy trip through the woods to Santa's Village has gone horribly, horribly wrong. As it turns out, the horses didn't know the way, and now you're going on foot through a forest inhabited by loonies, dark elves, evil snowmen, and ghosts. And also, annoying Christmas music.
  • Wrath of the Glademother: Welcome to forest of the Glademother, a motherly elf maiden who wants you to stay... forever and ever... and at all costs. With her minions dead set on keeping you in her forest, chances are high that you will never get out alive. So why don't you sit back, and stay a while?
  • Killer Klowns from Outer Space: After a mysterious metal circus tent was found in the woods, strange and deformed klowns have taken to the streets, going about spreading mayhem with a touch of mischief. And if you can stomach the havoc going on in Crescent Cove, just wait until you enter the total mind flaying that is the Big Top.
  • Necromancer's Keep: Be wary, travelers, for the stories of Necromancer's Keep are no mere rumors. Lord Mortis has his eyes on the castle at all times, waiting for fools to wander in, so he can murder them and expand his army. I can't stop you from going in, but I can't save you if you become one of his undead servants...
  • The Undead Dome: The Zombie Apocalypse sent the world into panic and terror for... about five days. Now zombies are so lame that there are knockoff Wipeout and American Gladiator shows that have zombies as the main gimmick. And since human stupidity has no bounds, the show you're about to be on, The Undead Dome, is currently the site of the latest Zombie Rights Movement protest. Well, the execs say that the protesters will probably provide free publicity, and considering that the show is actually rather safe as long as the precautions are met, there's no reason to cancel tonight's show. Wait, who's the ZRM guy with bolt cutters?
  • The Hit: SOMEONE'S pissed. And when that guy's pissed, he hires a group of hitmen on the dark web to take out the guy that initially pissed him off. And guess who pissed him off? You. You didn't even do anything, really, he's just a piece of garbage. So as you go about your day, there's a group of men in black suits waiting for a moment to break your neck, throw you in the dumpster, and collect the blood money. (...Too much?)
  • Urban Legends: Polybius: An arcade in Portland has been graced with a sudden hit, Polybius. Gamers line up all day for a chance to play it. But then the illnesses start. Paranoia, nightmares, sometimes death. And add in the mysterious men that are often standing by the cabinet, observing, and you get the idea that something's not right. So you take a chance and see what all the fuss is about. A move that you'll come to regret.
  • Arkham Asylum: Probably one for Six Flags. The story is that you're a new employee at Arkham, and no attempt is made to hide the true natures of the inmates. And unfortunately, you're going to have an eventful first day, where one of the Supervillains stage a riot. Here's the beauty of the theme, though: it can be brought back, with a different villain taking front-and-center each year, and bringing a new layout. Year Two? Joker gets his revenge, gassing you a room in and turning the house into a dark-light nightmare. Year Three? Scarecrow runs the asylum, and his fear toxins really bring out the decrepit features of the place. Year Four? Mad Hatter turns the house into an absolute Mind-Flaying. And all three are backed by the Arkham inmates, including Riddler, Freeze, Pyg, and Man-Bat. Even some of your co-workers are joining in on the "fun"... Strange, Harleen... And Batman attacks in one scene, regardless of the theme.
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

more house ideas i have a problem please stop me

• Christmas Creep: Slay Ride: What was supposed to be a happy trip through the woods to Santa's Village has gone horribly, horribly wrong. As it turns out, the horses didn't know the way, and now you're going on foot through a forest inhabited by loonies, dark elves, evil snowmen, and ghosts. And also, annoying Christmas music.
  • Wrath of the Glademother: Welcome to forest of the Glademother, a motherly elf maiden who wants you to stay... forever and ever... and at all costs. With her minions dead set on keeping you in her forest, chances are high that you will never get out alive. So why don't you sit back, and stay a while?
  • Killer Klowns from Outer Space: After a mysterious metal circus tent was found in the woods, strange and deformed klowns have taken to the streets, going about spreading mayhem with a touch of mischief. And if you can stomach the havoc going on in Crescent Cove, just wait until you enter the total mind flaying that is the Big Top.
  • Necromancer's Keep: Be wary, travelers, for the stories of Necromancer's Keep are no mere rumors. Lord Mortis has his eyes on the castle at all times, waiting for fools to wander in, so he can murder them and expand his army. I can't stop you from going in, but I can't save you if you become one of his undead servants...
  • The Undead Dome: The Zombie Apocalypse sent the world into panic and terror for... about five days. Now zombies are so lame that there are knockoff Wipeout and American Gladiator shows that have zombies as the main gimmick. And since human stupidity has no bounds, the show you're about to be on, The Undead Dome, is currently the site of the latest Zombie Rights Movement protest. Well, the execs say that the protesters will probably provide free publicity, and considering that the show is actually rather safe as long as the precautions are met, there's no reason to cancel tonight's show. Wait, who's the ZRM guy with bolt cutters?
  • The Hit: SOMEONE'S pissed. And when that guy's pissed, he hires a group of hitmen on the dark web to take out the guy that initially pissed him off. And guess who pissed him off? You. You didn't even do anything, really, he's just a piece of garbage. So as you go about your day, there's a group of men in black suits waiting for a moment to break your neck, throw you in the dumpster, and collect the blood money. (...Too much?)
  • Urban Legends: Polybius: An arcade in Portland has been graced with a sudden hit, Polybius. Gamers line up all day for a chance to play it. But then the illnesses start. Paranoia, nightmares, sometimes death. And add in the mysterious men that are often standing by the cabinet, observing, and you get the idea that something's not right. So you take a chance and see what all the fuss is about. A move that you'll come to regret.
  • Arkham Asylum: Probably one for Six Flags. The story is that you're a new employee at Arkham, and no attempt is made to hide the true natures of the inmates. And unfortunately, you're going to have an eventful first day, where one of the Supervillains stage a riot. Here's the beauty of the theme, though: it can be brought back, with a different villain taking front-and-center each year, and bringing a new layout. Year Two? Joker gets his revenge, gassing you a room in and turning the house into a dark-light nightmare. Year Three? Scarecrow runs the asylum, and his fear toxins really bring out the decrepit features of the place. Year Four? Mad Hatter turns the house into an absolute Mind-Flaying. And all three are backed by the Arkham inmates, including Riddler, Freeze, Pyg, and Man-Bat. Even some of your co-workers are joining in on the "fun"... Strange, Harleen... And Batman attacks in one scene, regardless of the theme.

the ones i want to see are polybius, arkham, hit because i love the deep web. and of course killer clowns

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ARKHAM ASYLUM

You know what really makes sense? Getting a job as a security guard in a bedlam house that can't contain the most dangerous nutjobs in America. (This could easily be a political joke, but nah.) So now you're going to your first day at Arkham Asylum, home to a whole cast of colorful characters that are probably just as scared of you as you are of them, except not.

You're probably gonna meet Batman. Or die before he makes it to the place, it's a full on riot.

ROOMS:

• Facade: The queue goes through the walled yard of Arkham, where the latest batch of loonies are having fun after getting off the bus. The bus that just plowed a hole through the walls, might I add. The actual facade is pretty standard Arkham, looming above, with searchlights surveying the ground and a Bat Signal in the sky.
  • Reception: The secretary up front is so happy to see you!.. oh wait, that's a Smilex victim. Joker hides in the shadows, coming out to welcome his guests to the night's entertainment. Blood! Gore! Balloon Animals and a chance to meet Gotham's finest!
  • Transitions: Transitions are halls that contain cells. Among the generic patients are recognizable villains, including Zsasz, Riddler, King Tut, Calendar Man (Who will count the days till Halloween, or if the day is another holiday, announce that), Temple Fugate strangling a guy with his pocket watch chain, and others.
  • Freeze's cell: A cold cell where Mr. Freeze is just chilli - no. Just hanging out. I mean, what would he gain in the riots? He needs his suit to exit the room! So he's just reading. But touch Nora's cryochamber and he'll blast you.
  • Arkham Gym: Some patients are messing around, threatening you with dumbbells or medicine balls. Bane is near the end, waiting to ambush the innocents.
  • Harley Quinn's Cell: a chamber coated with pictures of the Joker, dolls of the Joker, Joker's clothes, Joker's used chewing gum.... Harley comes out of the wall, her hiding spot marked by the Dancing Harley and Joker image, welding the iconic mallet.
  • Clayface: Part of a transition. There's a giant cell that takes up most of the hallway, with a GIANT CLAYFACE moaning in pain and threatening Jim Gordon. Except that, upon closer inspection, the Commissioner's just a lure constructed by Clayface. A giant clay hand will burst from a vent at the end of this hallway.
  • Garden: No points for guessing who's in the botanical garden. Poison Ivy sits upon a leafy throne, mocking guests while guards controlled by Ivy's parasitic plants attack them. Later, you encounter Mad Hatter and March Harriet, who have a poor, innocent blond tied up for a mad little tea party. Heck, it might not even be a girl.
  • Two-Face's Cell: One side is neat, with only a Harvey Dent poster on the wall and the bed. The other side is covered with scratches, torn maps, doodles, and letters, and a chair where Dent sits. If the coin lands neat-side up, he'll let you through. If it lands on the dirty scratched side, he'll attack you with a pipe.
  • Scarecrow's Cell: Crane stands outside his cell, gassing you as you walk through and insulting guests. The inside of the cell is dirtier than the rest of the Asylum, green with mold, with various parts of the Bat Family laying about, pinned to the walls, or turned into parts of scarecrows. The end of the room hides an Injustice-style Scarecrow. (Either an actor or a puppet.)
  • Treatment Room: Maxie Zeus is enjoying himself with that Electroshock machine again, and really, who can blame him? Also, Hugo Strange and Professor Pyg are cutting apart guards, while the poor men are still awake.
  • Batman: It had to happen eventually. One transition hallway is filled with black smoke. In it is a panicked patient trying his best to seem confident while holding a guard hostage. Why? None other than the Dark Knight! Batman won't attack guests, but he can rush in their direction should the hostage taker make him.
  • Joker: A room full of Paraphernalia dedicated to the Joker. A smashed mirror and some dentist tools, the Jason Todd memorial and a crowbar, gas tanks, a clothing rack with the costumes from the Dark Knight, some Cesar Romero Joker props. Joker will rush from pretty much any good spot.
  • Finale: A strobe-lit cellblock. Joker, Harley, and Scarecrow wait in the cells, while Batman will bungee down from the darkness.

REWORKS:

• Joker's Wild: Dark-Lightish colors and Graffiti without the dark lights. Many patients are replaced with various types of Joker's goons (Romero's Thugs, Nicholson's Mimes, Ledger's Bank Robbers, Injustice's Joker Clan), with various iterations of Mr. J appearing throughout. The Opening has Joker pop a balloon full of gas, which appears throughout. The finale involves a mirror room with various Joker dummies from different eras and stories, as well as some actors.
  • Crane's Revenge: The Asylum takes on a grungier look, much like Scarecrow's cell. It's generally more violent, with even Freeze attacking you and Nora thrashing about. Gas also appears throughout. Crane gasses guests at the opening, Batman is replaced with a nightmarish Bat Demon, and the Finale is a giant Scarecrow looming over Gotham.
  • Madder than the Hatter: Wonderland decorations cover the facade. Everyone becomes an Alice in Wonderland character. The Asylum itself becomes like those Mad Hatter missions in the Arkham games, so it's less a rework and more of a sequel maze.
  • Like 2