HHN 2017: The Shining

HHNManics

This house will be amazing! I have a feeling this'll be one of the best mazes in years. Unlike the Exorcist, the Shining has more characters and sets to work with and it's one of the greatest films in the horror genre. I can't wait to see how they're gonna pull off the iconic scenes, especially the blood elevator. I just have two concerns: 1) Fake looking Jack Nicholson masks and 2) Halloween 2015 hedge wallpaper being used for the hedge maze. Other than that, I'm pretty excited and I'm definitely looking forward to the next announcement.

• Like 2

There has been talk of IP rights issues when it comes to Jack Nicholson's image in the Shining maze.  The Walking Dead houses suffered because we were not able to see any of the characters we knew and loved from the series.  While I choose to believe that Universal wouldn't have signed on the dotted line if they weren't able to create Nicholson masks... im still a little nervous.  A Shining house with a bunch of dudes dressed in Jack's red jacket and jeans just wouldn't cut it.

That being said, Im looking forward to how they do the hedge maze.  Seems like they could build in some great scares in that environment and make you really feel like youre lost.  A hedge monster from the books would also be a nice touch

• Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 0:36 PM, bggrenville813 said:

I can't wait to see how he approaches the elevator blood scene

I've also been trying to figure out how they're going to do this. I'm with deliciousoatmeal in regards to some sort of projection mapping/hologram. I can easily see them using the Musion Eyeliner technology that we've seen before in the old Disaster! attraction with Christopher Walken's Frank Kindcaid character, the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey queue, and the Fast and The Furious: Supercharged in Hollywood. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mwilder said:

I've also been trying to figure out how they're going to do this. I'm with deliciousoatmeal in regards to some sort of projection mapping/hologram. I can easily see them using the Musion Eyeliner technology that we've seen before in the old Disaster! attraction with Christopher Walken's Frank Kindcaid character, the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey queue, and the Fast and The Furious: Supercharged in Hollywood. 

That's a good point, definitely makes sense. I just hope they incorporate other tactics to make it more realistic (for example, mist and water droplets splashing in our faces) and really take their time with the graphics because, let's be honest, sometimes those holographic images (Fast and the Furious: Supercharged specifically) can look corny and I just don't want that to happen for such an iconic scene.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, bggrenville813 said:

That's a good point, definitely makes sense. I just hope they incorporate other tactics to make it more realistic (for example, mist and water droplets splashing in our faces) and really take their time with the graphics because, let's be honest, sometimes those holographic images (Fast and the Furious: Supercharged specifically) can look corny and I just don't want that to happen for such an iconic scene.

I agree. I have no problem with those holographic images if they take their time and allow them to look really realistic!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Watching this trailer and I can already tell this maze is going to have quite a few blackouts making the blood come out of the elevator and a typewriter moving by itself. I have been a blackout in past events and I know all the secrets to how this is going to work.