The Shining

Mark M.

17 hours ago, Tich0las said:

After watching the film, I have to wonder what the ending will be.

The best possible ending IMO is the frozen hedge maze. Have a few Jacks chasing you around, until you reach frozen Jack - he still manages to lunge out at you one last time.

However, the movie ends with the psychological twist of the July 4th, 1921 photo. The scene is iconic and takes the story to a whole new level.  Can't imagine creative wanting to leave it out. 

Which is why I suggested they play Midnight With the Stars and You at the end.

Id love to see a section with shower curtains and steam, with the old woman stalking you.

The twins could use the classic "mirror trick."

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Given how scary I find the bear suit guy, he definitely should be in it, since he's purportedly in Hollywood's version. But none of THAT, if you catch my drift (PG-13 event, after all).

you can show tits in hollywood [ saw,halloween,and hostel ] IN A GOD DAMN 13 ADVISED EVENT, but dicks, OOOH boy we gotta censor that shit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rewatching the movie tonight or tomorrow. I'm curious to see what will be left out and/or censored. 

This is the house I'm honestly most skeptical about. There are a lot of scenes that are going to be very difficult to recreate in such a small space. I also feel it's going to be tough to recreate the feeling you get whole watching the movie. I've seen it a number of times now and I still get chills. I really hope this house can recreate that.

9 minutes ago, faceleg said:

The blood elevator scene is most likely gonna be a projection, yes? I mean is there any other feasible way they can achieve it?

Feasible no. I think the spinning water tunnel from Poseidon would be a cool way to do it but not feasible for a temporary haunted house. 

Edited by killswitch22
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

Feasible no. I think the spinning water tunnel from Poseidon would be a cool way to do it but not feasible for a temporary haunted house. 

Well that would also change it from blood gushing out of an elevator into swirling blood vortex of doom. But if they're going kinda cerebral like Exorcist it could work haha

On 8/24/2017 at 9:13 AM, clash said:

elevator scene will probably just be the aftermath, meaning a room full of blood paint everywhere like the elevator room from Cabin in the Woods 

God I hope not. That's one of the most iconic scenes from the movie. Though the blood usually gets off on the second floor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:35 AM, faceleg said:

Though the blood usually gets off on the second floor. 

Digging the Treehouse of Horrors reference!

Shining is probably my all time fave horror movie.  I've read most of King's books and, unlike most who have, I think it's a great screen adaptation.  So many good things.  I have to go into this house with low expectations - and not in a bad way as it's at the top of my list.  I don't see any decent way they can pull off the elevator blood to not be even mildly cheesy.  I'm really looking forward to the soundtrack the most!  All those starts and high pitches.  The score of total dread during the intro.

Will they have the old lady in 237?  I'd think they have to at least have her face make an appearance.  The laughing sound she makes in the movie would be awesome if they do that!

It would be cool to have a scrim of the twins and then behind it have their "Grady-ized" bodies while the soundtrack shrieks.

Maybe leading up to some jump scares they'd have Halloran's voice saying something about how some places shine and they're like pictures in a book.  And assuming they at least have a door to 237; hear his voiceover before entering saying "there aint nothin' in room 237 and you have no business in there anyway, so STAY OUT!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pandry said:

Digging the Treehouse of Horrors reference!

Shining is probably my all time fave horror movie.  I've read most of King's books and, unlike most who have, I think it's a great screen adaptation.  So many good things.  I have to go into this house with low expectations - and not in a bad way as it's at the top of my list.  I don't see any decent way they can pull off the elevator blood to not be even mildly cheesy.  I'm really looking forward to the soundtrack the most!  All those starts and high pitches.  The score of total dread during the intro.

Will they have the old lady in 237?  I'd think they have to at least have her face make an appearance.  The laughing sound she makes in the movie would be awesome if they do that!

It would be cool to have a scrim of the twins and then behind it have their "Grady-ized" bodies while the soundtrack shrieks.

Maybe leading up to some jump scares they'd have Halloran's voice saying something about how some places shine and they're like pictures in a book.  And assuming they at least have a door to 237; hear his voiceover before entering saying "there aint nothin' in room 237 and you have no business in there anyway, so STAY OUT!"

They do have the lady in room 237, in full naked body suit haha...but it definitely looks like a suit. No Halloran and no Danny. The makeup for the top of their heads is distracting and bad. Hopefully they'll improve.

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

They do have the lady in room 237, in full naked body suit haha...but it definitely looks like a suit. No Halloran and no Danny. The makeup for the top of their heads is distracting and bad. Hopefully they'll improve.

I'll now be three sheets to the wind before entering.  Sounds like even if they improve a good amount, the house will serve as ammo where Stephen King will never allow one of his IPs to appear in the future.  Does the old lady laugh like in the movie?

• Like 1

Just now, Pandry said:

I'll now be three sheets to the wind before entering.  Sounds like even if they improve a good amount, the house will serve as ammo where Stephen King will never allow one of his IPs to appear in the future.  Does the old lady laugh like in the movie?

She does laugh haha.

We just saw the new IT(never seen the original because clowns aren't interesting to me) yesterday before HHN and I was very impressed. One year, I hope they do a super house, where they can link two soundstages together via some tunnel, etc. for IT, because I think it deserves one and it would make a rockstar house for sure.

2 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

We just saw the new IT(never seen the original because clowns aren't interesting to me) yesterday before HHN and I was very impressed. One year, I hope they do a super house, where they can link two soundstages together via some tunnel, etc. for IT, because I think it deserves one and it would make a rockstar house for sure.

Having read the book, I've been waiting for the movie for ages.  That TV mini series did nothing for me.  There was a lot of spec about IT possibly making a future appearance at HHN.  But if SK sees a less than enthusiastic job on house, based on an adaptation he personally hated for the movie, that doesn't ooze with confidence.  I'm looking forward to seeing the movie!!

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to The Shining