American Horror Story: Asylum, Coven and Roanoke

Mark M.

Real facades would be nice, that was the only weak point for me on AHS, I was expecting the house, the hotel, and definitely the giant devil face(that hollywood got) That and the ending should have had Rubberman and  Mr. March as well as Twisty, so there could be one last scare from each house, instead of misplace twistys.

Edited by Jediwhit82
  • Like 1

I would be cool with just seeing the roanoke house as a facade... the asylum and "coven house" (whatever) are kind of weak but DAMN that house from season six looks Great!

Otherwise. Yeah a proper ending would be nice, and something tells me we will get it this time, since none of the big bad guys from seasons 2,3,6 really stand out as much as Twisty did. Last year they jumped at any opportunity to put Twisty in the maze, but this year they're actually going to have to try and get creative. 

I'm also wondering if this is going to be a "Megahouse" like last years house. Last years walkthrough felt SO long, It'd be a shame if it got cut down. 

1 hour ago, Itsjosie said:

I would be cool with just seeing the roanoke house as a facade... the asylum and "coven house" (whatever) are kind of weak but DAMN that house from season six looks Great!

Otherwise. Yeah a proper ending would be nice, and something tells me we will get it this time, since none of the big bad guys from seasons 2,3,6 really stand out as much as Twisty did. Last year they jumped at any opportunity to put Twisty in the maze, but this year they're actually going to have to try and get creative. 

I'm also wondering if this is going to be a "Megahouse" like last years house. Last years walkthrough felt SO long, It'd be a shame if it got cut down. 

It was confirmed as the mega House. 

I really wanted Roanoke to get the standalone treatment. They better give us that house as the Facade. I would love it if the Coven house ends in a forest setting and we make a turn and see the massive Roanoke house. I also hope we get the tunnels, another forest "break" and then go visit the other house for a bit to see all the crazies there. Then finally end back up at the Roanoke house on fire with a final encounter with the Butcher. Roanoke had so many stand out horror elements that it really could be it's own house so I hope they don't rush through it!

To me, Coven is very weak with not many scary elements. I hope we just get a couple of rooms for it. Plus, witch craft and voodoo have never gone over well at the event so I doubt we will see much of that (HHN 24 having the voodoo show cut shortly after opening night for example). Asylum has some good moments that can work well in the house and another memorable moment with the Name Game song that will probably be playing in the house.

Overall I'm happy with AHS return. I also like the fact that they have confirmed (through e-mail) that this will be the years longest house with the most actors so that's always a good thing! 

So at the beginning of last year I was not hugely interested in AHS. I had only seen murderhouse when it came out and wasnt impressed and didnt watch further but the house was so well done i gave the show another chance. I really do enjoy it now. This year will have my favorite season (asylum) and my least favorite seasons (coven) and I havent seen Roanoke yet. I'm really excited to see some of the scenes mentioned an hopefully much more.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, killswitch22 said:

So at the beginning of last year I was not hugely interested in AHS. I had only seen murderhouse when it came out and wasnt impressed and didnt watch further but the house was so well done i gave the show another chance. I really do enjoy it now. This year will have my favorite season (asylum) and my least favorite seasons (coven) and I havent seen Roanoke yet. I'm really excited to see some of the scenes mentioned an hopefully much more.

Well now its being said by the show's creator that Murder House & Coven are tied together as well as Asylum being tied with Freakshow because of Pepper's appearance in the Asylum and Roanoke is tied with both Murder House and Coven, because witchcraft is somewhat involved in a way. I'm very excited for this year's maze, it sounds pretty cool, the way they set up the video really has me intrigued on what scares we could be seeing, I mean I could see in Coven, we'll definitely see some voodoo creatures, zombies that were conjured up that were featured in one of the episodes, Asylum, you could basically make it feel like Shadybrook, inmates just running amok and Jessica Lange's character and the others coming at you from every corner as well, as well as the subjects in the forest chasing you or something, that would be cool to see as well. :) Roanoke, I'm just starting to watch and its kind of ehhh, I mean I could see they were really trying to make a documentary type horror story, it looks cool and after hearing many people didn't like it, I feel like HHN will be doing their best to explain the season better in the house than how it was on tv. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope the design for this house is better than last year.
 I am looking at you old maid and young maid.. there should been a dividing wall or something blocking them, it would had made the scene more scary.
 I am looking for this house, but not the line. 
 Bloodyface will be this year twisty. 
 Coven section has to have ax man and peter evans body part in the morgue. 
   AHS will draw the masses out. I never saw the line for last year house under 40 mins.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:28 AM, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well now its being said by the show's creator that Murder House & Coven are tied together as well as Asylum being tied with Freakshow because of Pepper's appearance in the Asylum and Roanoke is tied with both Murder House and Coven, because witchcraft is somewhat involved in a way. I'm very excited for this year's maze, it sounds pretty cool, the way they set up the video really has me intrigued on what scares we could be seeing, I mean I could see in Coven, we'll definitely see some voodoo creatures, zombies that were conjured up that were featured in one of the episodes, Asylum, you could basically make it feel like Shadybrook, inmates just running amok and Jessica Lange's character and the others coming at you from every corner as well, as well as the subjects in the forest chasing you or something, that would be cool to see as well. :) Roanoke, I'm just starting to watch and its kind of ehhh, I mean I could see they were really trying to make a documentary type horror story, it looks cool and after hearing many people didn't like it, I feel like HHN will be doing their best to explain the season better in the house than how it was on tv. 

There's a bit of Asylum in the season finale of Roanoke if you count Lana Winter's appearance.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last year I TRIED to get into AHS before going to HHN.  I only made it one episode into Murder House and about halfway through the Freakshow season....just couldn't get into it.  But that didn't make me like the house any less.  It was waaaay down on my anticipation list, but was by far my favorite house of the year.  This year, I'm going in with absolutely ZERO knowledge of any of the seasons and hoping they knock it out of the park.  For me, it's really going to be like a 5th original since I know nothing about the seasons.

I'm going to go through the house the first night, then read up on the wikipedia pages / watch Youtube summaries or something for each season to understand the gist of them, then go through the next 2 nights and see what it does for my enjoyment of the house.  Should be an interesting experiment (provided I'm sober enough to remember the results).

Edited by Oysterhead00

On 9/13/2017 at 9:02 AM, Oysterhead00 said:

Last year I TRIED to get into AHS before going to HHN.  I only made it one episode into Murder House and about halfway through the Freakshow season....just couldn't get into it.  But that didn't make me like the house any less.  It was waaaay down on my anticipation list, but was by far my favorite house of the year.  This year, I'm going in with absolutely ZERO knowledge of any of the seasons and hoping they knock it out of the park.  For me, it's really going to be like a 5th original since I know nothing about the seasons.

I'm going to go through the house the first night, then read up on the wikipedia pages / watch Youtube summaries or something for each season to understand the gist of them, then go through the next 2 nights and see what it does for my enjoyment of the house.  Should be an interesting experiment (provided I'm sober enough to remember the results).

Asylum, Coven, & Roanoke are the better seasons of AHS and are worth the watch if you have time. Especially Roanoke if you're into crime shows since it follows the format. Asylums like a soap opera with demons and serial killers, and Coven is basically Mean Girls with witches

4 hours ago, wow said:

Asylum, Coven, & Roanoke are the better seasons of AHS and are worth the watch if you have time. Especially Roanoke if you're into crime shows since it follows the format. Asylums like a soap opera with demons and serial killers, and Coven is basically Mean Girls with witches

The season finale of Roanoke wasn't that good.

3 hours ago, Psycho_Bates said:

The season finale of Roanoke wasn't that good.

Yeah. Lana Winters was cool to see back but I don't think they knew where they were going with the storyline for that episode. Episodes 6-9 were amazing though 

• Mark M. changed the title to American Horror Story: Asylum, Coven and Roanoke