HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

37 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

This is gong to ruffle some feathers, but whatever.

The USA Today is a rag newspaper. Total garbage. But it has circulation far beyond the Universal Twitter account or website (lol !).

If there was any question this is event is targeted at the masses as opposed to hardcore fans see above.

They are ok with the USA Today scooping their own marketing. I actually feel sorry for them. I know a lot of you worship at the altar of Aiello, but he is corporate now. Heavy on the mass media and $$$, while light on creativity.

So so brace yourself for more IPs, less creativity, more selfie stages, less horror, more 3D sh$t houses and whatever the flavour of the day is. 

Seriously, I thought with such an exciting release of news today that it would be Critical who would take the first crap in the punch bowl.  And yet, here you are.

I am not sure what your problem is, but you are 100% wrong.  I know Mike personally, and he is a very passionate man who loves this event and wants to make it the best it can be.  He does have to answer to the higher-ups, but I think he and his group have done an outstanding job working around the "corporate" bullshit to make this an amazing event every single year.  

I think it is downright shitty, not to mention nonsensical, to suggest that there will ever be "less creativity".  The entire A&D group consists of real Halloween/horror fanatics, and their passion for it comes out spectacularly with this event.  

If you're so disgusted and generally pissy about how you think HHN is being done, why are you here?  Maybe use your spare time to take a Business 101 class instead of leaving beshitted comments like this.  Most of us are pretty tired of this kind of negative crap.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

So we haven't had any official announcement of the originals on the blog or HHN social?

The most important and relationship-saving reveal for HHN and the diehard fans, and some newspaper gets to 'leak' it?

I've been indifferent to most of the other marketing BS but what the hell?

Originals apparently don't matter to the team anymore. Only IPs get big flashy announcements now. That smarts. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Seriously, I thought with such an exciting release of news today that it would be Critical who would take the first crap in the punch bowl.  And yet, here you are.

I am not sure what your problem is, but you are 100% wrong.  I know Mike personally, and he is a very passionate man who loves this event and wants to make it the best it can be.  He does have to answer to the higher-ups, but I think he and his group have done an outstanding job working around the "corporate" bullshit to make this an amazing event every single year.  

I think it is downright shitty, not to mention nonsensical, to suggest that there will ever be "less creativity".  The entire A&D group consists of real Halloween/horror fanatics, and their passion for it comes out spectacularly with this event.  

If you're so disgusted and generally pissy about how you think HHN is being done, why are you here?  Maybe use your spare time to take a Business 101 class instead of leaving beshitted comments like this.  Most of us are pretty tired of this kind of negative crap.  

You have your opinion. I have mine. We will agree to disagree.

I think the release this morning was garbage and explained why.

Your passionate defence of Mike is comical.

Cheers. 

Despite my qualms with HHN, Universal proper, their marketing, and greedy corporations. Mike is a great guy. Friends defend friends. The creatives who work the event have a passion for the event. They do what they can with what they are told.

Anyhoo. I just saw that Dead Waters house. looks top-notch. Almost makes me want to go... almost. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh no, the originals that will be revealed in 3 hours probably got revealed on USAToday, which more people probably read than any of the HHN accounts!

And they didn't even reveal any logos or any significant details besides one house!

HHN is corporate, Mike Aiello is a shill!

Yawn. So dramatic. 

11 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

Cheers. 

And you trying to reason a USAToday interview, a media interview of which happens like every year, into "Mike is corporate", was equally comical.

I don't think Mike's corporate, I think he does what he's told, which of course he does. 

And if he is, OH NO, he wants to make...MONEY?! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

Cheers. 

Comical?  What's comical is your ridiculous "bitter, party of one" act compounded by the hilarious idea that you actually know anything.  

But we all know.. there's ALWAYS that "one guy".  Today it's you.  Lucky us.

For those who actually care - these are some of Aiello's tweets just now (see below).  Yeah, that Aiello.. what a corporate tool.  smh

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alice said:

???

It's listed on the website now, yup.

Edit: I shouldn't have responded lol, ForeverEvil beat me to it while I was typing and he was the one who said it originally, sorry lol. Heck if somebody can delete this post then that's cool with me

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

22 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

(holy shit you got married at HHN that sounds amazing please tell me the Caretaker was your officiant) 

I wish.. but we did have two chainsaw clowns that one of our A&D friends pulled from right off the streets

3 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Repository has been removed from the site. 

Crap

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Repository has been removed from the site. 

Yeah, fairly quickly. Guess they didn't mean to reveal it that soon, heh. Either that or it's just not happening period. But I'm more inclined to believe the former since, I believe, it got fairly decent reception last year.

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

"Nosferatu-esque" was from the quote. So more ugly and feral I guess.

I nailed it! Feral is exactly what I was guessing a week or so ago on this. 

After watching all all four videos I now have no idea which one is going to be the scariest they all look awesome. Pretty intrigued by the squishy floor and slanted boathouse in dead waters though. Sounds like they have really pulled out all the stops this year in making these super immersive. 

• Like 3