HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You'd think that, but The Conjuring has shown that rights' issues can crop up at any moment. 

Everyone assumed that the lawsuit would be considered frivolous and be easily dismissed. They assumed it would go away. It hasn't. 

When dealing with intellectual properties, rights' issues are always a possibility. 

what was the problem with Conjuring? why did they have trouble? 

6 hours ago, clash said:

what was the problem with Conjuring? why did they have trouble? 

2 lawsuits are still out in the ether.

1. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-allows-900-million-conjuring-lawsuit-warner-bros-1033425

2. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-conjuring-house-owner-norma-sutcliffe-to-sue-warner-bros-fans-trespassing/

I'm also going to take a wild guess at the top photo with what looks like it SHOULD be AVD. I think it's Hive. My guess is that somewhere in the Hive, they've taken the liberty to set up something much like Alien, where they're birthing Vampires out of these pods.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/617588001/

Originals. Name are correct with what Legacy gave.

Wow that was pretty detailed. I think someone might be in trouble :lol:

But I'm super excited to hear that there will be flying scareactors in The Fallen! That and The Reaping are my most anticipated houses this year!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Wow that was pretty detailed. I think someone might be in trouble :lol:

But I'm super excited to hear that there will be flying scareactors in The Fallen! That and The Reaping are my most anticipated houses this year!! 

They all sound and look amazing. I think I picked a pretty good year to go for the first time :D

• Like 5

This is gong to ruffle some feathers, but whatever.

The USA Today is a rag newspaper. Total garbage. But it has circulation far beyond the Universal Twitter account or website (lol !).

If there was any question this is event is targeted at the masses as opposed to hardcore fans see above.

They are ok with the USA Today scooping their own marketing. I actually feel sorry for them. I know a lot of you worship at the altar of Aiello, but he is corporate now. Heavy on the mass media and $$$, while light on creativity.

So so brace yourself for more IPs, less creativity, more selfie stages, less horror, more 3D sh$t houses and whatever the flavour of the day is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

The USA Today is a rag newspaper. Total garbage. But it has circulation far beyond the Universal Twitter account or website (lol !).

If there was any question this is event is targeted at the masses as opposed to hardcore fans see above.

They are ok with the USA Today scooping their own marketing. I actually feel sorry for them. I know a lot of you worship at the altar of Aiello, but he is corporate now. Heavy on the mass media and $$$, while light on creativity.

So so brace yourself for more IPs, less creativity, more selfie stages, less horror, more 3D sh$t houses and whatever the flavour of the day is. 

I have no opinions on USA Today since I use them primarily for entertainment news. 

As for you thoughts regarding Aiello, why does him giving an interview (part of his job as Creative Director) mean he is corporate now? He has no control over who he interviews with. He has no control of when that interview is released. And he has no control over Marketing. 

There's never been a question as to whether it is targeted to the masses or not. Universal is a business. The diehard fans of an event are not the target, but again, that has nothing to do with Aiello or any members of A&D. They are a separate department from Marketing. They make creative decisions, not marketing decisions. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

Well that's not quite true since there's already no 3d houses this year. While HHN might be a bit more of a corporate event than before, I don't think that means it's as stifling to the creativity as you think. I don't see any reason to believe there's less horror, and less creativity than the most recent years. Heck, I think this year's original houses are some of the more creative ones we've heard about in recent times (except the vampire one but that still leaves 3). I'd say it's too soon to say that they lost a lot of their creative edge when we haven't seen the event itself yet. 

3 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

It sucks, but he unfortunately HAS to be in order to keep his job. I talked to him at the Entertainment Designer Forum and it's clear he's got his hands tied when it comes to control over the amount of IP's, the website and marketing in general.

Lol Creative "DIRECTOR" = executive position = corporate. Come on. 

Has no control over interviews .... laughable. Seriously. 

To suggest creative and marketing are two unrelated entities is patently absurd. Yeah I know it's fun to pit one against the other but it's inaccurate. They may do a terrible job of working together, but they work together. Aiello does a European tour that revolves partially around marketing. 

Edited by Dog67

6 minutes ago, duh1011 said:

Well that's not quite true since there's already no 3d houses this year. While HHN might be a bit more of a corporate event than before, I don't think that means it's as stifling to the creativity as you think. I don't see any reason to believe there's less horror, and less creativity than the most recent years. Heck, I think this year's original houses are some of the more creative ones we've heard about in recent times (except the vampire one but that still leaves 3). I'd say it's too soon to say that they lost a lot of their creative edge when we haven't seen the event itself yet. 

I think Hive represents an extreme amount of creativity. They had to design a concept to fit within a already built frame in a month (maybe two). That's extraordinarily creative. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dog67 said:

Lol Creative "DIRECTOR" = executive position = corporate. Come on. 

Has no control over interviews .... laughable. Seriously. 

Yes, seriously. He is the Creative Director of the content created for the parks. Not all powerful corporate suit. His position is not as high and powerful as you seem to believe it to be. 

Have you ever worked in a large corporation? You are told when, how, and who you can speak to in the media. Everyone, from the CEO to the janitor, must have interviews approved and vetted. No one gets to decide who they will or will not give interviews to. 

There is no executive position with ultimate desicion making abilities.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1