HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

You know, not to beat a dead horse, but I was originally really excited with the way the site looked when it was first updated because the theming and artwork looked and felt very late 90's-early 00's HHN artwork. But I have to admit that I just feel a little fooled that we didn't get more than that. I know the response of most would be I'm silly and naive and maybe I am, idc. But it just feels like, at least with the website, it was only half done. Like there was supposed to be more (either in terms of content, graphics, etc) but they stopped halfway through.

And obvs I'm disappointed in no icon, especially after them making such a big deal about icons being back in 25.  It's almost like marketing went "they can either have a "classic" HHN look to the artwork and merch or an icon- not both."

*shrug* 

I'm still hella excited for the event, and that's not going to change. All of the originals have me covered in goosebumps. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dog67 said:

These stories are just the beginning. They only lack one thing—you. Come and be a part of these tales before the firelight dies out and we are plunged into darkness. The Festival of the Deadliest is almost here…and it’s enticing lights are pulling us to our wondrous doom. 

Does anyone get the idea we're getting a new set of 4 icons just in time for the 30th Anniversary (27, 28, 29, and 30)?

It may be a stretch, but the wording and the way the houses could be potentially set up has me wondering. Nathaniel Crow(The Reaping), Voodoo Queen(Dead Waters), *insert leader of angel/demon*(The Fallen) and *insert name of queen bee of vampires*(Hive) could all be heads of their respective households. Just a shot in the dark.

• Like 1

For months I've been stalker-like and following this thread for entertainment and news alike. I decided to finally stop being a creep and participate! As most, I've been super bummed about the lack of info given thus far but today I'm dancing around like the ghoul that I am and SO stoked for what's to come. These houses look top notch and I'm so beyond excited..

That said, I know it's been touched on...but does anyone have any ideas about whats to come from this Soul Collectors thing? In the beginning when the clock was running it said you may receive an item blah blah. After that dreadful countdown end, it still allowed you to sign up but that little message about receiving that item no longer was listed so in my mind, I took that as "cool, if you signed up before the countdown, you get a prize!"  

I know with all these recent announcements I should just shut up and be happy but I still wonder....thoughts?

and hello all! 

• Like 2

Okay damn, the Hive actually has my attention. Didn't think vamps could ever do that to me but I should've given big mean ol corporate Mike more credit! I love the looks of all the originals now and cant wait to bring my girlfriend to her first horror event (even tho it cost me over $300.. :( )

20 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm going away from this forum until I return from my trip. I already spoiled the Dead Water facade and one piece of Scarecrow's and saw a little to much of Invasion, so I want to keep the rest out of my eyes/ears/mind. Will come back with a negative review as expected :)

See you, space cowboy

21 minutes ago, duh1011 said:

Okay damn, the Hive actually has my attention. Didn't think vamps could ever do that to me but I should've given big mean ol corporate Mike more credit! I love the looks of all the originals now and cant wait to bring my girlfriend to her first horror event (even tho it cost me over $300.. :( )

Just be thankful you're not flying from the UK, we got our flight for £400 which isn't bad. But it's looking like a 2k trip each for me and my gf.

F*cking worthy every penny though.

I probably wouldn't be saying that if I took anything critical analysis said seriously.

...i keep a pinch of salt next to me whenever I'm reading this forum just in case I come across his frustrated ramblings. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CriticalPedant said:

Just be thankful you're not flying from the UK, we got our flight for £400 which isn't bad. But it's looking like a 2k trip each for me and my gf.

I probably wouldn't be saying that if I took anything critical analysis said seriously.

...i keep a pinch of salt next to me whenever I'm reading this forum just in case I come across his frustrated ramblings. 

Cheers!  And enjoy the hell out of yourself!  When will you be attending?

2 hours ago, CriticalPedant said:

Holy heck, that is a lot of money :0 You guys going for multiple nights to make the most of it all?

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic