HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

3 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I thought the same thing until I recently realized that Annabelle and the whole Conjuring franchise aren't part of Blumhouse, I thought they were too, but nope. I agree though, Annabelle: Creation was great and I would've loved it if it were Blumhouse and was in the house. 

Oh ok my bad. I just assumed they were. Oh well, there's always next year!

12 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Agreed. I'm pretty disappointed that it's not other stuff we haven't seen before. Sinister' great inclusion, but don't wanna see Purge or Insidious in there really. Would've loved Ouija 2, Happy Death Day, Hush, maybe even Get Out or Split. 

11 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

If they wanted to stick with the supernatural theme maybe Annabelle would've worked instead of Ouija? The Annabelle Creation film was pretty good and well received. Unless that's on the list for next year instead?

OR.... Or they could have, just, you know... have used this little movie of theirs called OCULUS <_<

7 minutes ago, clash said:

OR.... Or they could have, just, you know... have used this little movie of theirs called OCULUS <_<

Omg I can't believe I forgot about Oculus! I forgot that was Blumhouse too. Surprising cause I love that movie, like I call Oculus my 2nd favorite horror movie of all time (Scream is 1st). I so wish Oculus could have been in the house. 

15 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Reading the descriptions sounds like it's sinister 1&2, then Purge 1, then insidious 1&4.

Shame we couldn't swap Purge for happy death day. That looks pretty cool. But given the issues with ouija I guess they were a little hamstrung. Meh will be pretty good regardless, guess the Purge will give me a breather lol

Actually someone confirmed on IU that it's two scenes sinister, two scenes Purge, one scene each from insidious 1-3 and two scenes from insidious 4.

17 hours ago, peculia said:

Jesus, how do corporate types have the time to follow the forums at work?  When I'm at work, I'm busy, you know, WORKING.  And I'm sure you all get paid far better than I do...

I just laughed out loud at my desk....trust me, you probably get paid way better. Not to pooh-pooh on my employer because they at least have higher average wages than that rodent down I-4 (and they've got great benes/have been extraordinary supportive of me in several areas)...but there are a lot of people out here who are stuck being paid a crap hourly starting rate despite having major responsibilities for some of the stuff guests see. (Not just me, you'd be shocked how many/what kind of people.)

[Also, I wish I could have HNN on my desktop but I'd rather not risk it so I just use my phone, lmao]

Anyway, enough bitching about that, back to your regularly scheduled bitching about Marketing ;)

Edited by Alice

18 hours ago, peculia said:

Jesus, how do corporate types have the time to follow the forums at work?  When I'm at work, I'm busy, you know, WORKING.  And I'm sure you all get paid far better than I do...

As long as I get my work done, nobody bothers me. If I'm configuring routers/switches/APs or building a server out, yeah I don't browse the web. But when I'm parsing logs, imaging laptops, or waiting on things to restart, I browse the web for a few minutes. Nothing else to really do.

Also keeping a dir /w /s running on the root of C:\ looks super important and nobody has any reason to suspect I'm wasting time.

compiling.png

But back to Blumhouse

Blumhouse!

wow-its-fucking-nothing.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

While I totally don't understand what has troubled the Blumhouse and while sure it would've been great to have gotten new properties aside from Purge and Insidious but if it has had troubles I think revisiting the Purge and Insidious seem like easy and smart ideas as in they could probably be executed well under tight construction limitations. Sure Purge doubled in the streets and a house is a bit much and we are starting to see a bit much of Purge border-lining TWD I'll give it a pass this go if we don't see it next year. While this is just Insidious' second round at Orlando so that I am okay with. 

13 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Tomorrow is the last day I could see them announcing originals. Friday people take off, Monday people have off, vacation weekend. That would put us awkwardly into September for FOUR houses.

They can't NOT do a full reveal tomorrow, right? It's the last day of August, they did a special announce on a Tuesday, and even the mouse is full into Halloween now. Plus, it's a Thursday.

If the day passes without the remaining four revealed, I may light up my torch and join Critical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Grime - hate Mastadon, but nice sig.

Also, Murdy said he's talking about new properties for next year. Welp, HHN Orlando getting more IPs :(

Honestly, when it comes to IP's if the only ones we get next year is IT & Stranger Things I'd be totally fine with that lol

But I'd be shocked to see either of them so I'm not getting my hopes up. 

4 hours ago, b-wolf95 said:

At least it's early enough that rights issues shouldn't get in the way of announcements.

You'd think that, but The Conjuring has shown that rights' issues can crop up at any moment. 

Everyone assumed that the lawsuit would be considered frivolous and be easily dismissed. They assumed it would go away. It hasn't. 

When dealing with intellectual properties, rights' issues are always a possibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Honestly, when it comes to IP's if the only ones we get next year is IT & Stranger Things I'd be totally fine with that lol

But I'd be shocked to see either of them so I'm not getting my hopes up. 

Think of the poor clowns!

www.darkhorizons.com/clowns-already-feeling-the-impact-of-it/

World Clown Association president Pam Moody says legitimate clowns are now preparing for the film, there’s even a press kit to help them titled ‘WCA Stand on Scary Clowns’. She tells THR:

“It all started with the original ‘IT’. That introduced the concept of this character. It’s a science-fiction character. It’s not a clown and has nothing to do with pro clowning.”

The scary clown epidemic last year had an impact on clowns as people had school shows and library shows canceled.

• Haha 1

The twitter has just posted more pics presumably of the originals, as of now they posted 3 pretty quickly, maybe a fourth coming soon. Got me thinking, anybody think we could get like a midnight reveal? I'm pretty sure they used to do the full reveals at midnight before. That would be cool I think. If not then yeah absolutely happening tomorrow. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic