HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

4 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Agreed. I'm pretty disappointed that it's not other stuff we haven't seen before. Sinister' great inclusion, but don't wanna see Purge or Insidious in there really. Would've loved Ouija 2, Happy Death Day, Hush, maybe even Get Out or Split. 

Ouija had rights issues rumors say, it was apparently supposed to be the Purge section. 

Hollywood is getting Happy Death Day instead of Insidious since they have a whole house for Insidious. Yeah, I'm actually jealous of Hollywood with that one. 

3 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

cool... Im sure it will be good.... TBH though all the Blum movies kinda blended together for me. Im gonna have to make an effort to watch them all again.

Technically, Whiplash is a Blumhouse movie. the movie about Miles Teller drumming and JK Simmons being the crazy anger teacher. We could've got a scene of that! A bald guy yelling at us while drums are playing. That would've been different! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Agreed. I'm pretty disappointed that it's not other stuff we haven't seen before. Sinister' great inclusion, but don't wanna see Purge or Insidious in there really. Would've loved Ouija 2, Happy Death Day, Hush, maybe even Get Out or Split. 

I was hoping for Get Out or Split as well.

I didn't think we'd have to endure The Purge in the house when there is a scarezone.  Again, while I liked the third movie, it's just not THAT great to be done over and over.  It's the new TWD, apparently.. the thing that wouldn't die.  <giant eyeroll>  

I can see having to include some of Insidious since they are making yet another one of these (another giant eyeroll), so they have to keep the property in everyone's mind.  

Get Out was such a huge success - you'd think they would've wanted to make a nod to that.  I liked Split as well.  

Sinister should be awesome though.. there are some great visuals in that movie for a house.

1 minute ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Falling into the trance that Chris from Get Out falls into would be AMAZING, although not very scary. The creepy townspeople would be awesome too, however, there are a lot of political undertones that they're probably trying to stay away from. That hypnotizing scene, wouldn't really touch that though.

Split would be great just to have multiple personalities come around every corner. Would almost be like a Shadybrook house.

Reading the descriptions sounds like it's sinister 1&2, then Purge 1, then insidious 1&4.

Shame we couldn't swap Purge for happy death day. That looks pretty cool. But given the issues with ouija I guess they were a little hamstrung. Meh will be pretty good regardless, guess the Purge will give me a breather lol

I'm excited for Sinister, I thought the demon in that one was kinda creepy so I'm sure he'll scare me, and I liked the first Insidious movie so I'm interested to see that. I just wish they could have used any other Blumhouse property instead of The Purge.

They even could have just dressed SA's in sheets & bam-there's Paranormal Activity! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drummanmatt said:

If they wanted to stick with the supernatural theme maybe Annabelle would've worked instead of Ouija? The Annabelle Creation film was pretty good and well received. Unless that's on the list for next year instead?

I thought the same thing until I recently realized that Annabelle and the whole Conjuring franchise aren't part of Blumhouse, I thought they were too, but nope. I agree though, Annabelle: Creation was great and I would've loved it if it were Blumhouse and was in the house. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, Oysterhead00 said:

Fortune 20 company if this is a dick measuring contest.  

And if you delivered the results that HHN has, you would NOT be lambasted.  You'd be given a big fat bonus.  

I'm only now starting to catch up on posts from late Friday through today.  Had to stop at this one and reply.  Maybe one of the best comments I've ever read!!!  I wonder if, as I keep reading, someone will throw out they work at # 1.  Still working my way from page 153.  Ah, Oyster, good stuff.

8 minutes ago, Pandry said:

I'm only now starting to catch up on posts from late Friday through today.  Had to stop at this one and reply.  Maybe one of the best comments I've ever read!!!  I wonder if, as I keep reading, someone will throw out they work at # 1.  Still working my way from page 153.  Ah, Oyster, good stuff.

Im actually posting from the biggest marketing firm in the world. I just didnt want to say anything....

• Haha 2

Jesus, how do corporate types have the time to follow the forums at work?  When I'm at work, I'm busy, you know, WORKING.  And I'm sure you all get paid far better than I do...

Anyway, I'm sure this came up on the general horror thread, but RIP Tobe Hooper.  We've already lost Romero this year; I'm starting to feel absolutely bruised.  But the reason I'm bringing it up is the recent rise in "mash-up" houses, with the Blumhouse announcement and the AHS megahouses.  I know it's never gonna happen, but I wish they would consider doing mash-up houses based on one director's work.  That way, you could pay tribute to a  lot of lesser-known films  by masters in the genre.  I would LOVE to see a Hooper house with Fun House, Eaten Alive, and Poltergeist.  Or, let another year go by to rid us of residual zombie fatigue, and do a George Romero house with scenes from ALL the Dead movies.  Or, a Carpenter house with Prince of Darkness, They Live, In the Mouth of Madness, etc.  I know in most cases it would be a rights nightmare to try to incorporate different properties, which might not have the same rights holders. I just love the idea of using a mash-up to showcase properties that have some great material, but not enough to sustain a  house, or not enough stand-alone awareness with the GP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I thought the same thing until I recently realized that Annabelle and the whole Conjuring franchise aren't part of Blumhouse, I thought they were too, but nope. I agree though, Annabelle: Creation was great and I would've loved it if it were Blumhouse and was in the house. 

Annabelle goes hand in hand with the conjuring does it not?? Doesnt't it fall under the lawsuit as well against WB?

Edited by WannabeIcon

17 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Left screen = work, right screen = Excel / refresh HNN every 5 mins.

This. Plus, I work in marketing/admin. Soooo...lots of down time. 

10 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

Annabelle goes hand in hand with the conjuring does it not?? Doesnt't it fall under the lawsuit as well against WB?

That might be kind of a grey area. The Conjuring movies are directly based off of "real life" investigations by the Warrens. While the Annabelle films are mostly original content, and only loosely based off of their work.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, peculia said:

Jesus, how do corporate types have the time to follow the forums at work?  When I'm at work, I'm busy, you know, WORKING.  And I'm sure you all get paid far better than I do...

Longer and harder you work, the easier it is.... helps if your on a computer all day too. I have 3 monitors 2&3 are for work, 1 is for corp email and a chrome browser up with my 4 fav websites! Just check this forum constantly during the summer months. Its IMPORTANT!!!!! LOL

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

Agree 100% on the front facing camera! I don't care how old it makes me sound. I have two teenage daughters and they spend more time at events trying to get the perfect picture to post on instagram etc than they do enjoying the event. Their friends are the same.

It doesn't matter where we are (family event, sporting event, outdoors) - it's not about the experience rather it's about capturing something fake, something made up, something disingenuous to show you had a great time. It's sad to me ... I'm going to stop but what a fu$$ing brain rot those cameras are. 

Edit - so don't be too upset about Altars. Have a look at the detailed costumes and then move on. It will be a good distraction for the self absorbed selfie generation and keep wait times down elsewhere.

Edited by Dog67
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic