HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

The only redeeming things this year are three of the four original houses and one scare zone.

I gotta ask; which original house are you not looking forward to? Personally I'm interested in each one of them, so I'd like to see what you think

Just now, duh1011 said:

I gotta ask; which original house are you not looking forward to? Personally I'm interested in each one of them, so I'd like to see what you think

If I have my rumors straight it's the vampire one because they used, I think, the Conjuring house and scrapped it and tied it to vampires...or something like that. If that's accurate I'm not looking forward to it. Weird mash ups don't work.

• Like 2

I’m almost embarrassed by the lack of info Orlando has provided.. luckily I live here and don’t have to plan a vacation or buy tix. I’m still going to go and have a good time, but not bc they got me pumped for it. I love the event enough to still enjoy it regardless bc I’m scared of my own shadow lmao 

And I’d usually be jealous of Hollywood, but this year I’m lucky enough to be going for the first time ever! LUCKILY I know more about that event so I’m genuinely excited! 

Just a few more weeks til we get our scream on! Stay strong y’all! :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

If I have my rumors straight it's the vampire one because they used, I think, the Conjuring house and scrapped it and tied it to vampires...or something like that. If that's accurate I'm not looking forward to it. Weird mash ups don't work.

You have the switch correct, but I think this house will actually surprise a lot of people.

The Conjuring drop happened early enough that they had time to rework (not "mash-up") an original concept into whatever already existing layout that they had.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J0SHUAAA said:

And I’d usually be jealous of Hollywood, but this year I’m lucky enough to be going for the first time ever! LUCKILY I know more about that event so I’m genuinely excited! 

Watching the videos of Hollywood's houses it looks like they do a lot of their stuff better than Universal given the difference in budget and space limitations. EG: The Exorcist.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Watching the videos of Hollywood's houses it looks like they do a lot of their stuff better than Universal given the difference in budget and space limitations. EG: The Exorcist.

Actually, no they don't.  But nice attempt at another slam.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

Purge is horrendous.

Can't wait to give scathing feedback.

The only logical reason why I can see it replacing Ouija is because Universal's already done a Purge house so to their bean counters it looks like an easier & more cost/time efficient fix then trying to figure out something from a Blumhouse property they've never done before.

All I can say is I really hope eventually somebody is willing to spill on everything that went on behind the scenes this year cause it's sounded like just one mess after the other after the other.

• Like 1

Just now, DraculaTeeth said:

All I can say is I really hope eventually somebody is willing to spill on everything that went on behind the scenes this year cause it's sounded like just one mess after the other after the other.

Agree.

And to add to this, hopefully they drop the IP #s next year and only use EXISTING IPs.

11 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

My opinion is wrong?

You're basing your "opinion" admittedly on watching videos.  I've been to several years of Hollywood's HHN while still going to Orlando the same years.  Orlando is ALWAYS better.  From someone who is constantly bemoaning the loss of originals, it amazes me you'd even think Hollywood would be better since they have NONE.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

You're basing your "opinion" admittedly on watching videos.  I've been to several years of Hollywood's HHN while still going to Orlando the same years.  Orlando is ALWAYS better.  From someone who is constantly bemoaning the loss of originals, it amazes me you'd even think Hollywood would be better since they have NONE.

Video never captures the quality accurately, it makes it look worse. So if I'm looking at a video of Hollywood's house (eg: Krampus, The Exorcist) and say it looks better than what I experienced what does that tell you? A notable YouTuber did both and said Hollywood's versions are better, too.

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Agree.

And to add to this, hopefully they drop the IP #s next year and only use EXISTING IPs.

Honestly I hope that there's a small portion of the HHN team working on 28 already, if only to insure (as best as they can from now) that next year won't have as many issues with whatever IP's they're trying to use. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

11 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Can any walkthru video really tell you if a house is good or bad? 

Hollywood has done some houses  better than Orlando (Exorcist and Halloween II come to mind), and Orlando have done some better than Hollywood (AWIL and Dracula come to mind).

Over the 12 years I've been doing both coasts, Orlando on average does a better job.  As much as I dislike IP houses, it is cool to see how two coasts can have such a different take on them.  I hope the bean counters don't try to synergize that...

• Like 3

Just now, DraculaTeeth said:

Honestly I hope that there's a small portion of the HHN team working on 28 already, if only to insure (as best as they can from now) that next year won't have as many issues with whatever IP's they're trying to use. 

The team tends to start their planning in November; it's always possible that they started thinking about it, but based off the info we have to go off of it's very unlikely any actual plans are being made just yet.

1 minute ago, zombieman said:

(Exorcist and Halloween II come to mind)

I forgot, Halloween II at Hollywood looked outstanding on video. Thanks for reminding me.

1 minute ago, duh1011 said:

The team tends to start their planning in November; it's always possible that they started thinking about it, but based off the info we have to go off of it's very unlikely any actual plans are being made just yet.

Because they're trying to plan how close they can get up to the start of HHN without announcing shit :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

So you got hooked by the non-original content but then claim HHN is where it's at because of the IPs? Hmm...

You make a good point! However, at that point in time HHN was mostly original content and IP's were not prevalent in the parks. Today its different. Universal saw the numbers Potter and Walking Dead was bringing in and it changed the face of the event. Change is necessary and with change comes resistance. Who knows what the event will look like in 10 or 15 years.  Regardless if its IP or Original, I am going to have a great time and not worry about it because its my vacation and who has time to worry and be mad on vacation? Besides if you don't like it or feel like its not what you want, find another event and spend your time and money there and if enough people do that the event will have to change or lose money and fans.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, duh1011 said:

Good to know they start planning in November, I'm still super excited for this year (especially TrT) but I do hope next year goes more smoothly for those working behind the scenes. 

2 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

Would you mind listing said haunts or making a thread listing them? The only ones I'm aware of are HNN, HoS and recently The Shallow Grave

I know of one in Tampa that looks pretty interesting called Scream-A-Geddon. Pretty lame name, could be a lame event, but it has potential! I am probably going there later in the haunt season, and might post a review of it.

Edited by duh1011
  • Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic