HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

38 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Anyone else disappointed by the scare zones as well? Even within the paragraphs it just sounds lazy. The only zone which I am finding to be interesting will be Invasion. The rest sounds like weak copycats of previous stuff, pretty boring thematically, or odd in execution. Why would we put the characters we will see in IP houses up front. That ruins the surprise.

Bummed...weak as hell year.

....somehow I knew this post would come, lol. 

• Haha 6

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Purge is becoming the new walking dead. yes yes to a lesser degree.

It may be even worse in a way. Although you still had zombies over and over again, at least the surroundings in the houses were all different. I'm getting ready for a complete rehash this year in The Purge scare zone. At worst, they could have moved this zone over to the Avenue of the Stars.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

why wouldnt they have done it last year? They obviously have the rights to it.... 

Because it was a little too in line with the Pulse shooting last year. Why would have Hollywood had it last year on not us, considering we shared in 2014? 

2013 doesn't count due to TWD spam.

6 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

What they put in that scare zone last year really wasn't that different from The Purge. If they named it The Purge would anyone have even noticed a difference?

The Purge would have had a better chance of being acknowledged and complained about on media as a notable current IP.

Survive Or Die is an unknown original that media wouldn't "waste time" going after.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone here gone to any of the haunts in Pennsylvania? We're making a pilgrimage of sorts to check out several of the haunts they have there and I was wondering if anyone here has been to that area and knows some good ones. Right now, I have Terror Behind the Walls (Eastern State Penitentiary),  Pennhurst Haunted Asylum, Field of Screams, and the Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride. If anyone has some quick input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I feel the exact same way!
I think 'TrT' would work better as a House than as a SZ, but I'll take whatever I can get!
I also like the idea someone suggested of a place to buy "Fall"- themed foods like cider, apple fritters, and pumpkin- spice everything!

Welp just got back from a quick trip to Pandora to find out TrT is confirmed!!!!!!!!!

8pL70Th.gif

I wish it was a house too (and I really hope eventually it'll become one) but I am ecstatic that it'll at least be a SZ!!! I'm actually about to get started on building a Sam prop-so my excitement levels for this are SUPER HIGH!!!! It would also be amazing if Universal put Sam in the Scareactor Dining this year too *fingers crossed*

I also agree with selling autumnal food & drink at the event. Even like a pumpkin dessert station with donuts, muffins, pie, cheesecakes, etc. would be incredible. 

The rest of the scare zones sound promising as well (especially Invasion & Altar of Horrors), I'm definitely finding myself getting more excited now! 

I happen to love the purge, I think it works great as a scare zone, terribly for a house. The only think I don't love the idea of is Alters of Horror, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to get my picture taken with Ash, Jack, Bloodyface, the jigsaw puppet, and whatever is from the 5th house.

27 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone here gone to any of the haunts in Pennsylvania? We're making a pilgrimage of sorts to check out several of the haunts they have there and I was wondering if anyone here has been to that area and knows some good ones. Right now, I have Terror Behind the Walls (Eastern State Penitentiary),  Pennhurst Haunted Asylum, Field of Screams, and the Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride. If anyone has some quick input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

I don't know if I'll be much help but I've been to Eastern State during the day and that place is so creepy, yet also beautiful. There were a lot of photographers in there, I recommend checking it out during the day if you're into it. I also used to live very close to Pennhurst-never went there though, I always heard that it's a pain in the ass to get to. 

If you happen to find yourself in the real backwoods of Jersey (Mullica Hill to be precise)-about 30 minutes outside of Philly there's a place called Creamy Acres, they have an event called Night of Terror. I accidentally did the hayride when I was a child and it unfortunately contributed to my still ongoing fear of chainsaws (to this day I have flashbacks of it that scare the crap out of me). I only did the hayride but I know they have more than 1 haunted house, they pulse the lines, and I've heard recently they added a zombie shooting hayride. 

Again, don't know if it was much help, but enjoy your time in the Philly area!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

PM me if you want more info. I've been to all of those. Do not go to Terror Behind the Walls, if anything go into Philadelphia and just look at the prison on the outside. The haunt is literally atrocious. Most overrated thing I've ever done. If I were you, replace that with Hotel of Horror.

* Pennhurst - the most adult of the bunch, just hope you're not in a conga line and you'll have a great time. Love being out there in the cold dark PA woods in the Fall.

* Field of Screams - their newest attraction is actually pretty bad, but the other walk throughs and the hayride are good (tho the walk throughs feel cramped). Feels the most like a carnival grounds.

* Bates Motel - pound for pound the best of the bunch. Only thing I dislike is that the hayride themes are completely all over the place but it's also cool because you get to see different themes. Very "Halloween" feeling haunt.

• Like 2

In regards to "The Purge" SZ...

It made sense for Orlando NOT to have it due to the 3rd movie itself (Election Year)... As i've mentioned before, in order for the senator to win the election, she had to get FL's vote (which she did, won & did away with The Purge). It was a very powerful storyline, especially due to the Pulse incident.

Now at the end of the film, you hear a short news blip about rogue Purgers... since we had the Purge in Hollywood last year, it was amusing to think that WE were those rogue purgers mentioned at the end of the film.

It makes no sense to have a Purge SZ this year for Orlando... and just comes across as lazy. Instead of wasting NY for this, they could've created something else instead. If The Purge wanted to be used in any capacity for Orlando, it should've been in the Blumhouse of Horrors ONLY. Hollywood gave The Purge the proper send off last year, until the next movie comes out next year.

• Like 2

Usually when dealing with someone else's IP, they kinda do have to care about an IP's canon... but since Purge is their own... well, they SHOULD care a little more. Besides as I said... (as someone who LOVES the films... 2nd/3rd), having a SZ this year for it is just extremely lazy.

Excuse me... what is the sound in the video?... I haven't heard such a sound in a very long time... we don't have sounds like that over here in California. Its more exciting than some lights going off & on. I must know what that amazing background noise is! ;)

3 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

PM me if you want more info. I've been to all of those. Do not go to Terror Behind the Walls, if anything go into Philadelphia and just look at the prison on the outside. The haunt is literally atrocious. Most overrated thing I've ever done. If I were you, replace that with Hotel of Horror.

* Pennhurst - the most adult of the bunch, just hope you're not in a conga line and you'll have a great time. Love being out there in the cold dark PA woods in the Fall.

* Field of Screams - their newest attraction is actually pretty bad, but the other walk throughs and the hayride are good (tho the walk throughs feel cramped). Feels the most like a carnival grounds.

* Bates Motel - pound for pound the best of the bunch. Only thing I dislike is that the hayride themes are completely all over the place but it's also cool because you get to see different themes. Very "Halloween" feeling haunt.

I'm going to have to wholeheartedly disagree here.

Terror Behind the Walls is really fun.  
There's also Fright Factory on the other side of town in South Philly, though that one I have yet to do.

Seconding the recommendation to visit Eastern State during the day.  There's a few bars/restaurants in the area you can check out while the sun goes down.

I hold out hope that the level of detail this year will make it worthwhile.  As for the actual houses, so far, I'm unimpressed.  

IP....  Rinse... Repeat.  Welcome to Comcast.  It's HHN for the masses and as long as the general public knows it's based off a film, why do anything original?  In an odd way, it's the same thing that's happening to Broadway:  Just musicalize a movie that people know.  Original work be damned.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic