HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

29 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Got it, so basically where stay and scream gets you one house before the rest get there, AP gives you the time to do all 3?

I did it 2 years ago and it was terrible. There were 10 times the amount of people waiting than the normal hold areas and we only got through one house in 45 minutes when we normally get through 2 or 3 before the gates open in the normal hold areas. They also put you in springfield with ZERO shade while you are waiting

21 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Got it, so basically where stay and scream gets you one house before the rest get there, AP gives you the time to do all 3?

Normally the staging area for the AP thing is at Animal Actors. So you will definitely  have time to do all three. Because you go to the house right next to ET, then it exits right next to the next entrance. And that exits by the house by MIB which is where the 3rd entrance is. There won't be any lines so you could probably do all 3 and then have time to swing back and do them again before the major crowds get there. 

Anyone catch this tweet from HHN Orlando? Then moments later released teaser pictures like Murdy does.  Seems like they did get a lot of backlash from fans, and I am glad they acknowledged us.  

Hey gang, totally heard you...you guys are the most passionate and freaking awesome fans ever.. truly.

and they even replied to someone saying they are staying away from the word soon :D 

• Like 2

I had mentioned a couple days ago that out of the 2 horror films I was most excited to see this year (It & Mother), I never thought they'd ever make it here. Well...looks like there's a free It pop up haunted house opening in Hollywood 8/14, and it sounds like it could be pretty spectacular. 

http://www.thatswhereitlives.com/

So basically could this possibly mean in the future there's a chance It could have a presence at HHN?

Edited by DraculaTeeth
I'm my own grammar police.

1 hour ago, elhev said:

Anyone catch this tweet from HHN Orlando? Then moments later released teaser pictures like Murdy does.  Seems like they did get a lot of backlash from fans, and I am glad they acknowledged us.  

Hey gang, totally heard you...you guys are the most passionate and freaking awesome fans ever.. truly.

and they even replied to someone saying they are staying away from the word soon :D 

Heh. Sounds like there was probably an intense little staff meeting over in Marketing. Kudos to whoever is managing all of that for whipping them back into shape!

Edited by Alice
  • Like 5

The Devil's Advocate in me says they may have just let Mike take it for one night in order to stir up some excitement and positivity after the sweepstakes incident.

That being said, I hope Marketing at least takes a lesson on how to interact with fans in the future. You don't need a "spooky personality", just talk to them as honestly as you can.

Answer questions that you with all reasons you be able to answer, like the IP / original split question, which there shouldn't be an issue in answering.

• Like 2

I am glad they heard us and at least did a little something to let us know they appreciate us.  I thought it was strange that they hadn't tweeted in awhile too before yesterday the last tweets were them trolling fans who were mad about the countdown.  So when I saw those tweets yest with a totally different attitude towards fans I was pleased :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

The Devil's Advocate in me says they may have just let Mike take it for one night in order to stir up some excitement and positivity after the sweepstakes incident.

That being said, I hope Marketing at least takes a lesson on how to interact with fans in the future. You don't need a "spooky personality", just talk to them as honestly as you can.

Answer questions that you with all reasons you be able to answer, like the IP / original split question, which there shouldn't be an issue in answering.

No proof, but the tone and style sure sounded a lot like Mike

Anyway as implied on Inside Universal "Legacy" mentioned "The Ifrit"s tweet about Bayou is too revealing and liked a Replly saying... So the Bayou Maze's Name could be Dead Waters.

"Wait...is the house called Dead Waters or something?" - @Gambit

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, King_K. said:

Very excited for Shining, can't wait to see the typewriter in person.  It's been on the top of my house wishlist for a decade now. 

Woah, haven't seen you post in a while lol although I haven't been on HNN since November

Loving the proper updates we got. How hard was it to send a couple pics? Hoping this shows Marketing have truly listened to the gripes and will start doing things in a more fan-friendly way :D

The image from the scarecrow maze seriously creeps me out. I think I've found our maze hunnylvr lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Futurion said:

Why is no one discussing the pics though... The alleged Bayou totally reminds me of Legends of the Hidden Temple or something. 

I'll talk about the pics 

The close-up that is suspected to be the Dust Bowl/Scarecrow house doesn't give much to go on. I can see leaves, but I can also see the potential outline of a wing. This, of course, begs the question: Is it Dust Bowl as the Ifrit said? Or is it Angels vs Demons? The caption leads me to believe the Ifrit called it correctly. But that wing... 

The reel to reel seems so obvious for AvED. The quote that captions the pic is directly from the 1981 movie. Looking at images, the recorder isn't an exact replica from the movie or show, but extraordinarily close to the reel to reel seen in S1 E8 of AvED. 

The flooring in the first image (most likely Bayou) throws me off. I wonder how well they can achieve a low ground fog in an SS. I, usually, look up in houses. So I've never really paid attention to the floor. (I look up because I'm short and its reflexive. I'm always afraid I'll miss something because it actually goes over my head.) The concrete floor throws the whole vibe off for me. It's definitely not jungle. Those are "cypress trees with Spanish moss on them".  Which leads me back to the floor. I want low hanging fog coming off the water that those trees should be growing in. (I'm old enough to have gone to Cypress Gardens more than once. I remember the boat ride. Never have been to Legoland though.)

My initial reaction to the typewriter was "nice redrum Easter egg". Now, though. The Constant Reader in me is all: "Danny said Redrum! Jack wouldn't have typed that! Inaccurate! Inaccurate!!!"  I guess to each their own. 

• Like 5

My wife and I have been working our way through the IPs in preparation for the event. We started by watching The Shining and reading the book and it's sequel, Dr. Sleep. I know it's not necessary for the maze, but I love seeing how books change being adapted for the screen. Going against the general belief, I think there are a handful of movies that are much better than the books they were based on. (Forrest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and The Prestige are the ones that come to mind right now.)

We finally watched season 6 of American Horror Story, so we are now caught up. We watched Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness because she had never seen them. The first disc of Ash vs the Evil Dead just arrived from Netflix. I'm looking forward to starting that later today.

We'll have some movies to check out for the Blumehouse maze, I'm sure. I'll skip the twelve Saw movies because I'm not a fan, and it may all be based on a movie that isn't out yet anyways.

We're getting excited for the event regardless of the lack of announcements, but we are locals and purchased our Frequent Fear passes with Express about a week after they were made available. I can understand why people from far away would be frustrated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Thats not the wing outline I'm seeing. 

I'm seeing a wing folded forward. 

IMG_0225.JPG

Keep in mind that Harvest of the Souls is the Soul Collectors house. So it could be corn or a wing but either way the house is gonna have scarecrows and collectors

On 8/12/2017 at 7:03 AM, Futurion said:

Why is no one discussing the pics though... The alleged Bayou totally reminds me of Legends of the Hidden Temple or something. 

Well... they DID use to film the show in the soundstages at the park, but no... wrong setting. Although it would be fun to see a Legends of the Hidden Temple-esque house, one could argue that would be closer to last year's "Tomb of the Ancients" house (even though that was more egyptian & less aztec/mayan).

22 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Well... they DID use to film the show in the soundstages at the park, but no... wrong setting. Although it would be fun to see a Legends of the Hidden Temple-esque house, one could argue that would be closer to last year's "Tomb of the Ancients" house (even though that was more egyptian & less aztec/mayan).

:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw: 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 9:03 AM, elhev said:

I am glad they heard us and at least did a little something to let us know they appreciate us.  I thought it was strange that they hadn't tweeted in awhile too before yesterday the last tweets were them trolling fans who were mad about the countdown.  So when I saw those tweets yest with a totally different attitude towards fans I was pleased :)

I can't stress how important it is that if anyone is unimpressed or disappointed with the website, they take the survey on the website. THAT is how they hear the voices of the fans. Statistics don't lie and if they don't have positive numbers associated with the site, they're going to change it in the future. Universal is very much a feedback based company and it really does work, as I've witnessed first hand. So please voice your concerns through the survey and they will not go unnoticed.

^I would think that the only thing that would get them to change is that bottom line. For as angry as some are with screeeeennnnnz, fact is they were the only park in Orlando last year to post an attendance increase--and a substantial one at that--after all the bad things that happened, which is extraordinary. Disney didn't start shifting building into high gear once it realized that Universal was making substantial gains with HP (mainly Diagon). So it might take Galaxy's Edge to snap Universal out of its affair with screeeeeeeennnnnnnz. Same with HHN, I highly doubt they're going to care unless people stop coming.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

My initial reaction to the typewriter was "nice redrum Easter egg". Now, though. The Constant Reader in me is all: "Danny said Redrum! Jack wouldn't have typed that! Inaccurate! Inaccurate!!!"  I guess to each their own. 

I just figured that redrum took less key usage than "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."  But...you could pull a Grady and correct them, heh heh heh!

• Haha 1