HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

11 minutes ago, Futurion said:

If we know all the houses, why are we all complaining?  Technically Universal doesn't owe us anything until the end of the month.  At this point I just feel like everyone is whining. 

If Universal doesn't "owe us" anything until the end of August, why bother even having a marketing department? Isn't it their job to get all people from different locations (not just locals) to the event? Waiting until just a couple weeks before opening to announce stuff is not going to get that job done. I'm already in about $2,000 on a vacation that I don't know hardly anything about. This isn't whining, it's pointing out the fact that regardless of what they "used to do", it's really not cool to not know what I've spent my $ on at this point. Also, by them not giving us information it leaves me to believe that they themselves don't believe the lineup is strong enough to pull people from out of town so why bother releasing it. I know we have a theoretical list of houses already, but until it is announced officially I could care less what the list says. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Futurion said:

If we know all the houses, why are we all complaining?  Technically Universal doesn't owe us anything until the end of the month.  At this point I just feel like everyone is whining. 

We don't know the houses until Universal announces them.  Things change from the rumors and the descriptions on the original houses are helpful as well.  You can defend them if you feel the need to, but why say people are whining when it's a pretty valid concern?  We like to talk about the announcements and get hyped up.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UUOPDarren said:

We don't know the houses until Universal announces them.  Things change from the rumors and the descriptions on the original houses are helpful as well.  You can defend them if you feel the need to, but why say people are whining when it's a pretty valid concern?  We like to talk about the announcements and get hyped up.  

Sure, one house maybe changes and we know that months in advance as well.

We're the people who have the most advantage in knowledge and yet we find the most ways to complain about announcement time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Also, by them not giving us information it leaves me to believe that they themselves don't believe the lineup is strong enough to pull people from out of town so why bother releasing it.

The list is definitely not strong from my POV this year. Three of the originals sound interesting at best. I'm calling it - it'll be an all around "average" year.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Sure, one house maybe changes and we know that months in advance as well.

We're the people who have the most advantage in knowledge and yet we find the most ways to complain about announcement time.

I'm more interested in the originals and scarezones, and we rarely get the whole picture correct on those.  There are plenty of details that aren't out about them.  

• Like 1

Lol. I don't think Murdy does much by accident. Exhibit "A" above. Hollywood marketing vs Orlando. Men vs boys. Sad.

Hollywood still gets a nice trickle of info, tweets etc from Murdy.

Orlando gets a twitter account being run by a 12 yr old whose imagination doesn't go beyond trolling it's subscriber base with the same tweets over and over. Pathetic.

I actually wonder if they didn't give the Orlando twitter to an executive's kid as a summer job or internship. Any who ,,, I would leave that as a gap,in the resume. 

i still think the event will be awesome thanks to creative, design, sound, actors etc. It's too bad they suck balls at marketing.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Dog67 said:

Lol. I don't think Murdy does much by accident. Exhibit "A" above. Hollywood marketing vs Orlando. Men vs boys. Sad.

Hollywood still gets a nice trickle of info, tweets etc from Murdy.

Orlando gets a twitter account being run by a 12 yr old whose imagination doesn't go beyond trolling it's subscriber base with the same tweets over and over. Pathetic.

I actually wonder if they didn't give the Orlando twitter to an executive's kid as a summer job or internship. Any who ,,, I would leave that as a gap,in the resume. 

i still think the event will be awesome thanks to creative, design, sound, actors etc. It's too bad they suck balls at marketing.

Agreed but the fact Murdy deleted I think means he probably just didn't look at the photo properly.

We don't need to stretch to see other reasons why Orlando's Marketing is bad. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, DraculaTeeth said:

I realized today there are 2 (imo) very promising horror movies coming out in September, and while I know they both probably never would have made it here anyway (It & Mother)...I'm kinda bummed we're most likely getting Jigsaw :/ 

Saw is literally old news at this point. I don't think anyone gives a shit about it coming to HHN. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Agreed but the fact Murdy deleted I think means he probably just didn't look at the photo properly.

We don't need to stretch to see other reasons why Orlando's Marketing is bad. :rolleyes:

Maybe, or it might be that, similar to the advance "Shining" announcement, the slugs in Marketing thought he might be revealing too much too soon.

2 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'd be more excited to see a Jumanji house lol.

LOL!
I remember the man- eating plant thing from that movie ("It grows much faster than bamboo...") scared me bad when I was a kid, but as an adult, I don't find it anywhere near as threatening.

Edited by Nightcrawler
  • Like 1

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

Hell, I think that announcement was largely a dud, too. I don't remember people being excited like other IPs in other years.

I was excited by it!
I love the movie, and the various environments to the Overlook (The bedrooms, the long hallways, the ballroom, the kitchen, and definitely the hedge maze) would be perfect for a House!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

My bad, didn't realize he deleted it.

Regardless, they get something tangible on a regular basis from Murdy. 

Personally the poor marketing doesn't impact my decision to go as I still think the event is awesome. Besides, I'm not local and it is a vacation where I will do other things ...

However, for myself the anticipation and buildup is part of the event. They are missing out. Imagine a big IP or original push in July with some pre-event merchandising. There are so many opportunities to engage their fans and make more $$$. 

4 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

If Universal doesn't "owe us" anything until the end of August, why bother even having a marketing department? Isn't it their job to get all people from different locations (not just locals) to the event? Waiting until just a couple weeks before opening to announce stuff is not going to get that job done. I'm already in about $2,000 on a vacation that I don't know hardly anything about. This isn't whining, it's pointing out the fact that regardless of what they "used to do", it's really not cool to not know what I've spent my $ on at this point. Also, by them not giving us information it leaves me to believe that they themselves don't believe the lineup is strong enough to pull people from out of town so why bother releasing it. I know we have a theoretical list of houses already, but until it is announced officially I could care less what the list says. 

Ive said this before in outher forums, but we, the public, do not know the stats for ticket purchases like the marketing team does.  Case in point, youve already forked over the 2k and are going already.  How do we know that marketing isnt looking at the numbers, the fact that the big 3 hotels are practically completely sold for all of October and knowing that they dont have to spend their budget to get ticket sales because they are already getting ticket sales on pace or growing year over year. 

The internet information is not what is going to drive net new ticket sales, in the first place.  Internet sites and hype pages are pointed to fans who are, most likely, already going.  Now, on the other hand, if you DID want to drive net new ticket sales, where is the television/billboard/print marketing in states like AL, GA, and SC?  I am in these states often and see nothing about HHN, but I do see marketing of Universal as a destination.

Not to pick on any one person, but instead to aim a general statement at the sentiment, you say that you'd like to know what you've spent your money on, but you do know.  We know that there will be several house mazes, long lines, alcohol, and fun scarezones to hang out and watch people get scared.  Is there a possibility that if they announced a specific house you would call universal and cancel the whole thing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

Not to pick on any one person, but instead to aim a general statement at the sentiment, you say that you'd like to know what you've spent your money on, but you do know.  We know that there will be several house mazes, long lines, alcohol, and fun scarezones to hang out and watch people get scared.  Is there a possibility that if they announced a specific house you would call universal and cancel the whole thing?

At this point, I'm not going to cancel my whole trip. However, I'm aggravated enough to the point where I'm strongly considering not going next year and instead going on a cruise. I don't want to feel this way again next year if this is how they're going to handle things. A portion of my enjoyment is discussing what I'll be seeing with the people I go with and all of you guys/gals. I obviously also like to rewatch whatever ips are used before the event to get my hype meter up. This year's marketing has been so flat (negative), that I'm honestly not even really excited about attending for the first time ever. That is just a shame. I guess I just like to have a clear picture of sorts when I go on my trips. Maybe if I lived only driving distance to the event I wouldn't care as much because I'd probably be attending no matter what and I'd take it for granted, however that is not the case. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Hell, I think that announcement was largely a dud, too. I don't remember people being excited like other IPs in other years.

I sort of understand, as it felt like they were going to announce it earlier. But, everything is a dud to you. This is a house people have wanted for, like, a really long time, and a house most (myself included) thought we'd never get. So I'm just grateful for the opportunity to experience it. :)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Saw is literally old news at this point. I don't think anyone gives a shit about it coming to HHN. 

Saw is right above a Walking Dead house, in my opinion. The only reason it's not on the same level is because it hasn't been done for 5 straight years.

• Like 5

So I got an email from HHN regarding buying tickets ect... it mentions the scare actor dining. Has anyone done this and would you recommend it? 

I'd love to do it, I saw some clips from last year with Chance and it looked awesome. But not knowing what the theme is I'm a little dubious to book. Is it worth booking without knowing?

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Saw is right above a Walking Dead house, in my opinion. The only reason it's not on the same level is because it hasn't been done for 5 straight years.

Yeah pretty much. I'd put Saw above Freddy/Jason/Michael though too imo, for being less generic than a slasher. I know, I know, BLASPHEMY! I don't really think the Saw houses are particularly scary either, but I do like seeing the sets and how they do the traps. It's fun.

Yeah I wouldn't say I'm excited about it. Just more interested than our other options.

However, The Shining has me hyped past the point of hype and it better not let me down. I don't typically care for houses based on IPs but The Shining is one of my top 5 favorites so I'm curious to see what they do with it and I may spend my entire opening night going through it as many times as possible to catch all of the details.

The only IP I think that would surpass hype for The Shining would be an Alien house themed around the first movie, aboard the Nostromo. Hnnnng.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

hynjgbu-png.3419

• Like 3

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic