HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 hours ago, Badge said:

As far as Dragons go, the coaster count is really only going down by one because the new HP ride will be a coaster. If ALL of that land ends up being one single coaster, I think we are in for one heck of a ride! Universal knows they have to create something truly epic and mind blowing since they are opening it the same year as Star Wars. Would love a mix of Gringotts (screens, motion base, tilt) with Mummy (launch, sharp drops, more coaster elements to give you a lot of thrills). 

I am honestly surprised they went with Fallon for that space. I feel like a year around haunt would have been so much better in that location. It's not a big enough space to put any type of normal ride so they were kinda forced into whatever going their being screens. However, it is a HUGE space for a haunt! Sad thing is, Universal likes to keep rides around for a while (Shrek, T2, etc) so even if Tonight Show ends or the host changes, nothing will probably change. Maybe 10+ years from now we will get a year around haunt there.

I disagree with a tiny point there, don't get me wrong I brought up Fallon sucking, but I just don't think a year round haunt works there. The problem is during HHN that area already has 4 houses right there, congestion would be worse. I think one in the front right or near potter would be best because thats where there is a lack of houses.

• Like 1

I don't understand Fallon as a ride at all.  I think even if I was a huge Jimmy Fallon fan I wouldn't even be dying to go ride this.  Also forgive me if I am wrong but isn't UO's target market families? Granted us adults love theme parks as well but, families are going to go where the kids want to go.  A late night tv show themed ride seems odd.  I'd imagine if you are planning a trip to Orlando and ask your kids "hey do you want to go to Disney to ride the new flight of passage avatar ride or go ride the new Jimmy Fallon ride at universal?" 

Actually we asked this to my boyfriend's 9 year old son as we usually take him to a theme park once a year for getting honor roll, just guess what his answer was lol. (hint: he had no idea who Jimmy Fallon was) 

• Like 2

Re Fallon. Normally I'm really excited about a new attraction. Right from the get go this sounded like a huge turd. I hope this isn't the kind of shameless corporate cross branding universal is going to push for the next decade. If so the mouse will put its foot on the darkside. It's only one ride .... but what a total POS. Now back to HHN .....

Was really skeptical re Ash vs Evil Dead, but it prompted me to watch the first season. If they can capture the blood, gore and humour it could be an epic house. Tons of source material. I like a good laugh. Really looking forward to this house. If you haven't watched the tv series, do it, do it now! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I've been hoping for years that Uni would bring on some kind of year round horror attraction.  I mean, they are the ACTUAL NAME OF CLASSIC HORROR.  How do you NOT have some representation of that in your park?  I know Hollywood had their thing for a while (still saddens me that they got rid of it).  I remember Orlando's Hitchcock thing (which I adored!), but that is ancient history.  So,  the company is "rebooting" all the classics, but there is no classic monster tie-in experience in the park?  Instead, you do a friggin ride based on a talk show host?  F-ing stupid.

They do have the Monsters Cafe and of course the "Horror Make-Up Show" so there is some representation year-round but I agree I wish there was more. Personally, I love the humor and campiness of the Horror Make-up show but I wouldn't complain at all about an update. Truthfully, it needs it so I feel like, if done right, that could really be the key to making horror fans happy year-round. That and maybe some costumed classic monster meet and greets from the Frankenstein monster, Gill-man, the Mummy. It would be easy to have them stationed outside the Monsters Cafe for photos/autographs. Highly unlikely to happen but a fan can dream.

Edited by mwilder
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, mwilder said:

They do have the Monsters Cafe and of course the "Horror Make-Up Show" so there is some representation year-round but I agree I wish there was more. Personally, I love the humor and campiness of the Horror Make-up show but I wouldn't complain at all about an update. Truthfully, it needs it so I feel like, if done right, that could really be the key to making horror fans happy year-round. That and maybe some costumed classic monster meet and greets from the Frankenstein monster, Gill-man, the Mummy. It would be easy to have them stationed outside the Monsters Cafe for photos/autographs. Highly unlikely to happen but a fan can dream.

They have Frankenstein's Monster and the Mummy out for meets at Hollywood, why not Orlando??

• Like 1

Anyone else here of this new haunt in Orlando? It's called Beast of the Blackwood, seems pretty interesting!

They say they are part haunted trail part escape room...hopefully it can deliver...maybe I can get to it, just depends on what weekends i can skip to MCO for HHN!!

14 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I don't think GMR would have any effect on that? I could be wrong though. We got Alien vs Predator, don't know why we couldn't just get Alien already. 

I didn't know if there was red tape

or anything since it seemed odd to me that they went to AVP before doing either seperate. With a bunch of these 70s movies, I think we will see a bunch of movie accurate plot houses somewhat soon for their respective 50th anniversaries. We are getting close to a 50th for TCM, Exorcist, Halloween, Alien and others. I think that that is when we will get basically repeat houses of last years TCM and Exorcist, as well as 24's Halloween next.

19 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I didn't know if there was red tape

or anything since it seemed odd to me that they went to AVP before doing either seperate. With a bunch of these 70s movies, I think we will see a bunch of movie accurate plot houses somewhat soon for their respective 50th anniversaries. We are getting close to a 50th for TCM, Exorcist, Halloween, Alien and others. I think that that is when we will get basically repeat houses of last years TCM and Exorcist, as well as 24's Halloween next.

For the love of god and everything holy - please no.  I don't think anniversary dates matter to them.  I am over the whole TCM thing.. it's been done and done.  The Exorcist house was a shit show.  Halloween was awesome, but I don't need to see it again for a long while.  Give us stuff we haven't see yet.  Phantasm, please 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

For the love of god and everything holy - please no.  I don't think anniversary dates matter to them.  I am over the whole TCM thing.. it's been done and done.  The Exorcist house was a shit show.  Halloween was awesome, but I don't need to see it again for a long while.  Give us stuff we haven't see yet.  Phantasm, please 

The dates I'm talking about are in the 2020s Halloween doesn't turn 50 till 2029 I can go through more by then same with Texas chainsaw in 2024. And from the imagery of seen of it phantasm would be awesome.

23 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

They really don't care about anniversary dates; if they did The Thing wouldve(and should've!) been a house this year

1 hour ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I don't think GMR would have any effect on that? I could be wrong though. We got Alien vs Predator, don't know why we couldn't just get Alien already. 

There were rights issues with the Alien movies because Disney owned the theme park rights to the Alien movies. AvP was another loophole. Disney owns/owned Alien franchise theme park rights, but not AvP rights. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 0:51 PM, Ueeediot said:

So, would you be more apt to make purchases if marketing shares more information about the HHN plans?  It doesnt really sound like it and my post isnt to pick on someone because I see this as more of a general tone in the thread. @criticalanalysis - you just did a good job summarizing the tone.  Yet, very few have thrown down the gauntlet and cancelled their travel to HHN because they are pissed they dont know the other houses, yet.

To be honest, I don't care what/when they announce. I love the event and I will go every year. I don't see myself not going in the foreseeable future. In my post I said I missed when they didn't announce anything until August. It made me more hyped not knowing what to expect. Does anyone else feel that way? Every HHN facebook page is a bunch of people whining for an update. Really? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

There were rights issues with the Alien movies because Disney owned the theme park rights to the Alien movies. AvP was another loophole. Disney owns/owned Alien franchise theme park rights, but not AvP rights. 

Right if I remember correctly it was originally Aliens. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wow said:

They really don't care about anniversary dates; if they did The Thing wouldve(and should've!) been a house this year

Another one we've seen recently.  So, again, glad they don't go by this.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

To be honest, I don't care what/when they announce. I love the event and I will go every year. I don't see myself not going in the foreseeable future. In my post I said I missed when they didn't announce anything until August. It made me more hyped not knowing what to expect. Does anyone else feel that way? Every HHN facebook page is a bunch of people whining for an update. Really? 

I am going to this event until I am physically unable to do so.  I see me hoofing it with my walker when I'm 90 years old.  I'm just spoiled by the slow, but consistent reveals we were getting for several years.  I also miss Aiello on Twitter.  At least he'd snap some bts pics and tweet them out for freaks like us  Even if we couldn't have reveals when we wanted, those teasers were almost as good.  Now, we have neither, and we are stuck with a clearly incompetent marketing group who has no idea how to handle the social media.  That is disappointing because I am one of those people who would watch and re-watch teaser / interview videos.  

Also, that epic fail of letting a month long countdown end up as a sweepstakes announcement deserves to be bitched about.  That was just a crappy, stupid thing to do. Why even bother with a countdown?  

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Ah ok, well like I said I really wasn't sure. Just guessing, cause I thought any rights problems with Alien would've been a problem for AvP too. Rights stuff can be weird. Thanks for the correction. 

• Like 1

The reason they bring houses back isn't because they are lacking in ideas, it's in part to reach a new audience. I have not seen the Halloween house, or any thing house, as a huge carpenter fan it sucks because I haven't seen one of his films at the event. I loved that American werewolf in London was at 25 because it's a great film and I didn't get a chance to see it before that. 

I also agree that nothing they can do would get me to stop going and I'm honest about it. One idea I've had for a year is one where nothing is announced at all, on the map when you enter the park all of the houses are just numbered 1-9 with no description. You'd have to wait till your in the house to find out what you are about to see.

Edited by Jediwhit82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

The reason they bring houses back isn't because they are lacking in ideas, it's in part to reach a new audience. I have not seen the Halloween house, or any thing house, as a huge carpenter fan it sucks because I haven't seen one of his films at the event. I loved that American werewolf in London was at 25 because it's a great film and I didn't get a chance to see it before that. 

They brought TWD back for 5 years. Every time it got announced i was more mad about it. The first year I liked it, but after that I fed up. It's one thing to bring back a house from like the early 2000's. Like if they did another All Nite Die-In or another Screamhouse, I would be ok with it. But to have TWD so many times was annoying. 

Dang you missed out on the 2007 Thing house. It was pretty good! 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic