HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

6 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I hope not, it would completely ruin the mood. I hate it. Normally i like to think I'm a pretty positive person, but when it comes to Race Through New York I'm worse than Critical. Extra bathroom space would have been better then that ride.

I've never been on it. Is it worse than the 'Twister' experience (Which I always considered the single worst attraction in the entire resort until it closed down)?

It is Horrid. Say what you want about the screen attractions, but transformers and kong do a mix of real and multiple screens with movement. Fallon is less movement then Minions. The quality of the screen is hard to look at. And thats not even getting into its terrible theming. The idea of basing an attraction of off a talk show host is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Star Trek and Lord of the Rings don't have an attractions, and this terrible corporate tie in Conan rip off some how does? I cant stand a ride where it sounds like Jimmy(who seems fake normally) had to be dragged to a green screen against his will to record footage. It also has the worst thing I have ever experienced in a theme park ever, that being a ride that comes to a complete halt halfway through so a 42 year old man can dress like a little girl and in an idiotic voice repeat the word "eww". In addition, the seats do not accommodate large people(it is far worse then what you may have heard about flight of passage, which is a perfect experience by the way).

Twister had some interesting things to look at, didn't make you cringe with its terrible jokes, and involved about the same amount movement.

That being said, go through the line at least once just to wait and see how the future of ride waiting will work and to see another amazing acapella group at Universal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im probably the only one that think Jimmy Fallon SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS! 

EDIT: I guess Im not LOL

Not at all, from 2011 to 2016 I had always thought Universal was ahead of Disney in terms of daytime theme park stuff. 2017 firmly turned the tables with Pandora being much better than Fallon or Volcano Bay. It will probably swing back to Universal next year because Fast and Furious will be fun and Toy Story land looks horrible, after that though Disney is going to dominate with Galaxy's edge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im probably the only one that think Jimmy Fallon SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS! 

EDIT: I guess Im not LOL

I'm with Jedi and Peoria on this one!! I literally only go on the ride if I have someone new in my party that has never ridden before.

Then I only look forward to two things, one the acapella group, and the rapping of the safety intro....beyond that zzzzzzzzz!!!

Oh I'm not talking about the ride either. I haven't been on the ride. I mean Jimmy as an entertainer. I've always disliked his shtick. The "Im an awkward, sensitive, shy guy that only wears earth tones" only kinda worked in his mid-20's. He's in his 40's now and its just annoying. You're not a millennial Jimmy quit acting like it!!!!!

ok ok ok /rant

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Oh I'm not talking about the ride either. I haven't been on the ride. I mean Jimmy as an entertainer. I've always disliked his shtick. The "Im an awkward, sensitive, shy guy that only wears earth tones" only kinda worked in his mid-20's. He's in his 40's now and its just annoying. You're not a millennial Jimmy quit acting like it!!!!!

ok ok ok /rant

Well, I agree with that too!

I think Jimmy would be a cool guy to hang out with. He seems pretty down to earth. However, his comedy is not exactly for me.

fvneUD4.jpg

I still haven't been on the attraction (haven't been to the parks since it opened) but unless it's at a walk on, I probably won't give it a chance otherwise. Twister was clearly dated, but I still enjoyed that attraction because it was classic, and I remember going with my parents when I was young. Brought back good memories.

• Like 2

I'm biased about Fallon because I worked on it, it was my first new thingy I got to be a part of when I started. But yeah...[standard disclaimer this is my opinion and not the company's] it was kind of a weird idea for a ride. I loved Twister and I even showed up to the last day dressed as Helen Hunt, waaaaaaay back when I was just a passholder. 

All I can say is....still a better attraction than Superstar Limo. Thank GOD nobody's ever topped (bottomed?) that one. 

• Like 4

Yeah I can't stand Jimmy Fallon. Stupid stupid move. I'm def not looking forward to F&F--yet another screeeeeenzz ride, and I was probably the only person who loved Disaster.

On the other hand, after seeing a video of an SFX coaster, I may yet be able to forgive Universal for taking my beloved Dragons--though all I can think is "this is what Gringotts, in spite of its amazing queue, SHOULD have been!" And while it won't be anywhere near as big of a draw as Galaxy's Edge--what will?--SNW is looking great.

It's funny, VB LOOKS pretty good. Does the bad TripAdvisor score mainly come from TapuTapu?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah I can't stand Jimmy Fallon. Stupid stupid move. I'm def not looking forward to F&F--yet another screeeeeenzz ride, and I was probably the only person who loved Disaster.

On the other hand, after seeing a video of an SFX coaster, I may yet be able to forgive Universal for taking my beloved Dragons--though all I can think is "this is what Gringotts, in spite of its amazing queue, SHOULD have been!" And while it won't be anywhere near as big of a draw as Galaxy's Edge--what will?--SNW is looking great.

It's funny, VB LOOKS pretty good. Does the bad TripAdvisor score mainly come from TapuTapu?

F&F better be worth it...took the best show in universal out!! RIP BEETLEJUICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dragons, I'm definitey torn on....i dont want the coaster count to go down by 2....but the Potter attraction definitely has the ability to be amazing! 

I would have rather The Walking Dead attraction or really any other semi-coherent idea be in Fallon, or maybe Alice can shed light on other ideas that might have been bantered about for that spot??

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

That's only part of it, but a big part.  I'm local so I've heard horror stories.  For starters, it's still under construction.  Plus the back side of the volcano (without the waterfall) is wide open and looks like it's unfinished from I-4.  But it has to remain that way for the fire code.  They open an hour early for on site resort guests so those not staying on site arrive at 8a-9a only to find out it's at capacity and they can't go in.  If you manage to get in, sounds like you're lucky to find a chair.  That Tapu lets you scan just for one ride at a time.  You could wait 3-5 hours for it, and still wait another 30-45 when it's your time.  Or you might not even get on a ride while there.  In the interim, you can only do the wave pool so much.  I've heard one of the lazy rivers is so packed it's a drowning waiting to happen.  Who knows, maybe in a year it'll be good.  I'm sure the staff are taking a beating and you can only put up with that for so long.  Uni's mistake was trying to compete with Disney and Pandora's opening.  Now they're paying for that mistake 100 fold.

• Like 2

We got on Fallon during last HHN, and I HATED it.  I thought when it was announced as a "new ride" that it was a joke.  Then, as time moved on, I realized they were serious.  I thought from the beginning that it was a spectacularly STUPID idea for a "ride".  I wasn't wrong.  The ride IS SPECTACULARLY STUPID.  We all rode it, got off and a collective "really?  f-ing really" came out of every mouth.  

Personally, I loved Twister.  It was cheesy, yes, but it's a classic movie, and I still miss pushing the button on the cow from the queue line every time we'd pass it during HHN.  Twister was fun for me.  I was really sad to see it go.

I've been hoping for years that Uni would bring on some kind of year round horror attraction.  I mean, they are the ACTUAL NAME OF CLASSIC HORROR.  How do you NOT have some representation of that in your park?  I know Hollywood had their thing for a while (still saddens me that they got rid of it).  I remember Orlando's Hitchcock thing (which I adored!), but that is ancient history.  So,  the company is "rebooting" all the classics, but there is no classic monster tie-in experience in the park?  Instead, you do a friggin ride based on a talk show host?  F-ing stupid.

10 minutes ago, Pandry said:

That's only part of it, but a big part.  I'm local so I've heard horror stories.  For starters, it's still under construction.  Plus the back side of the volcano (without the waterfall) is wide open and looks like it's unfinished from I-4.  But it has to remain that way for the fire code.  They open an hour early for on site resort guests so those not staying on site arrive at 8a-9a only to find out it's at capacity and they can't go in.  If you manage to get in, sounds like you're lucky to find a chair.  That Tapu lets you scan just for one ride at a time.  You could wait 3-5 hours for it, and still wait another 30-45 when it's your time.  Or you might not even get on a ride while there.  In the interim, you can only do the wave pool so much.  I've heard one of the lazy rivers is so packed it's a drowning waiting to happen.  Who knows, maybe in a year it'll be good.  I'm sure the staff are taking a beating and you can only put up with that for so long.  Uni's mistake was trying to compete with Disney and Pandora's opening.  Now they're paying for that mistake 100 fold.

I really don't understand where these horror stories are coming from, I've gone twice and had a great time. Got there early and got in no problem. Did most attractions before the big rush around 11. Biggest wait my first time was 90 mins, typical for June in any park. Second trip biggest wait was 140 mins, hit up the wave pool, both rivers, then had lunch and rode. And on both trips I did everything I wanted to do by 3. No problems with TapuTapu, no complaints of anything looking unfinished, no issue with lazy rivers. And yeah you can only do 1 ride at a time because if you're physically standing in line you can't exactly be in 2 places at once. Anyway, back to the topic of HHN.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Did Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach have these issues when it opened?

Considering neither of them had any sort of virtual line (which seems to be the basis for most of the complaints I've heard)...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

We got on Fallon during last HHN, and I HATED it.  I thought when it was announced as a "new ride" that it was a joke.  Then, as time moved on, I realized they were serious.  

Sorry to be one of those people, but the ride didn't even open till April of this year. Soft openings weren't even until like March or so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pandry said:

So TL;DR, too popular for its own good? I think people complaining about the Volcano backside are just as ridiculous as the people complaining about the backside of Everest, but that's just my opinion.

I am pretty PO'd with Universal for its love affair with screeeeennzzzz. But goshdarnit, somehow, they do just enough to keep me buying that AP. So I know I'm not exactly letting them hear it. :blush:

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

14 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Sorry to be one of those people, but the ride didn't even open till April of this year. Soft openings weren't even until like March or so. 

Ah crap - you're right - it was during Mardi Gras.  I forgot we were down for that.  And yes, it was soft opening.  Doesn't change the fact it's a shit ride

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

F&F better be worth it...took the best show in universal out!! RIP BEETLEJUICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dragons, I'm definitey torn on....i dont want the coaster count to go down by 2....but the Potter attraction definitely has the ability to be amazing! 

I would have rather The Walking Dead attraction or really any other semi-coherent idea be in Fallon, or maybe Alice can shed light on other ideas that might have been bantered about for that spot??

As far as Dragons go, the coaster count is really only going down by one because the new HP ride will be a coaster. If ALL of that land ends up being one single coaster, I think we are in for one heck of a ride! Universal knows they have to create something truly epic and mind blowing since they are opening it the same year as Star Wars. Would love a mix of Gringotts (screens, motion base, tilt) with Mummy (launch, sharp drops, more coaster elements to give you a lot of thrills). 

I am honestly surprised they went with Fallon for that space. I feel like a year around haunt would have been so much better in that location. It's not a big enough space to put any type of normal ride so they were kinda forced into whatever going their being screens. However, it is a HUGE space for a haunt! Sad thing is, Universal likes to keep rides around for a while (Shrek, T2, etc) so even if Tonight Show ends or the host changes, nothing will probably change. Maybe 10+ years from now we will get a year around haunt there.

• Like 1

Fallon is the most atrocious thing I have ever seen at Universal studios. Fallon is worse than HHN marketing.  I have more fun riding the caro-suess-el. I have never been more appalled at a ride. After going on for the first time, I actually apologized to my family for suggesting we go on it. Twister was fantastic. 

EDIT: I was going to like my own post to drive the point home. But alas I cannot.... 

Edited by Itsjosie
  • Like 4

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic