HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

6 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

I know someone recently mentioned meeting up with people from HNN for the event. Has anyone ever created something like a FB group or calendar so every night of the event, we could see who was going and maybe split into two groups (Express/Regular). My fiance and I have FF+ with Express and are always looking for people to join us. I'm a total wuss, but I have a great appreciation for the scareactors and the storyline that HHN A&D creates. I always feel less like a wuss when there are more people around me :zombie_attack:Would really like a way to meet up with some of you. 

I think there is usually a thread started here where people can post what nights they are going.  If we all did that here, it would get too muddy, and I think people would forget who was going when.  However, if a thread is started, people can check it before the upcoming week/weekend to see.  I already know exactly what days I'm going spread out over 4 weekends, but I'll wait for that thread.

Also, to answer the question of who on this forum I'd go with.. there are lots of you I would go through houses with!  

I'd want to do The Shining with Mystique because she and I are King obsessives

I'd want to do whatever house is the scariest with Matt

I'd want to do whatever house has the most "wow factor" with Critical to see if he's impressed. :)

That all being said, I wouldn't limit myself unless you are just a flat-out weirdo.  (like we all aren't)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Varies some but mid-to-late August for sure. 

I miss when they updated the website in early July to the generic website with the filing cabinets. And then added a few things here and there until the full and only reveal. I hate how they do it now. I honestly get less hyped about the event. Anyone else feel this way? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rockingamer17 said:

Soul%20Collector%20Shirt_zpsakg4rlst.jpg

I traced the outline of the wording, looks like the tagline.

That Better not be the house shirt.... it is atrocious.

9 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Anyway, let me publicly invite any of the Nightmares family to say hi or join up to go through a house.  Very often you might recognize us because at least one of us will be wearing a Nightmares shirt every night while the others wear Dare 2 Escape shirts (we have to advertise, ya know?).  AND, we are three middle-aged women who will walk little circles around you young 'uns.    hahahah  Occasionally, all three of us will have the makeup done as well.  I love that stuff!

I've definitely seen you around the event a couple of times now that you've described yourself. You've got a great crew! hope to see you there, I'll be at the event  Oct. 1st.

• Like 2

Can someone please just fire the entire Marketing team? They fucked up Volcano Bay, they're fucking up HHN, and they're literally taunting fans on their Twitter. That shirt is abysmal. No one is going to want that crap.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I miss when they updated the website in early July to the generic website with the filing cabinets. And then added a few things here and there until the full and only reveal. I hate how they do it now. I honestly get less hyped about the event. Anyone else feel this way? 

I have zero hype this year. I'm coming from NC, staying off site, not buying any merchandise, no behind the scenes tour, no express pass, no food, no drinks, nothing. I'm going to go because I've gone since HHN 14 and couldn't miss a year God willing, but Lord this year is shit. Even the houses, Bayou of Blood as a house...come the fuck on. It's a rip off of HOS's theming. Can't wait for HHN to do a motel soon.

In particular, the fact that they're not even letting people who do the Unmasking the Horror tours stay in the park is outright pathetic. That was one of the coolest perks and there's ZERO logical reason to not let them do that. They would stay and possibly spend money they wouldn't have otherwise spent in the park. And then no video? lol....half of this forum doesn't do the tour anymore.

I hope HOS keeps getting better because the past few years they've SMOKED HHN in a lot of ways.

Edited by criticalanalysis

13 hours ago, CNYHHN315 said:

Anyone know what the shirt says. Looks like a voodoo house maybe....

f3Nk4cI.jpg

8 hours ago, rockingamer17 said:

Since I have over 180 HHN shirts I really want to add this to my collection.. I think it looks pretty good.

3 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I have zero hype this year. I'm coming from NC, staying off site, not buying any merchandise, no behind the scenes tour, no express pass, no food, no drinks, nothing. I'm going to go because I've gone since HHN 14 and couldn't miss a year God willing, but Lord this year is shit. Even the houses, Bayou of Blood as a house...come the fuck on. It's a rip off of HOS's theming. Can't wait for HHN to do a motel soon.

The reason why I'm not hyped is because I really don't have anything to look forward to. They have already released some of the houses. So just a few more on the full reveal. I guess when they do update the website I will be hyped. But for now I don't really care that they haven't released the full house list/scarezones yet. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Can someone please just fire the entire Marketing team? They fucked up Volcano Bay, they're fucking up HHN, and they're literally taunting fans on their Twitter. That shirt is abysmal. No one is going to want that crap.

In particular, the fact that they're not even letting people who do the Unmasking the Horror tours stay in the park is outright pathetic. That was one of the coolest perks and there's ZERO logical reason to not let them do that. They would stay and possibly spend money they wouldn't have otherwise spent in the park. And then no video? lol....half of this forum doesn't do the tour anymore.

I hope HOS keeps getting better because the past few years they've SMOKED HHN in a lot of ways.

Well, they are doing a hotel.

Once again, I can't even begin to count how many times I heard that last sentence during Le Good Old Days. Seriously, that EXACT. SAME. SENTENCE. I really wish posts on HHNVault, Universal Excitement and IOACentral were archived so I could prove to you how rose colored those glasses of yours are (anyone remember Nightshade and alone? Their reviews of those wonderful, original years sounded EXACTLY like your reviews). So it's really hard for me to take you seriously when you've already made up your damn mind.

/rant

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

I know someone recently mentioned meeting up with people from HNN for the event. Has anyone ever created something like a FB group or calendar so every night of the event, we could see who was going and maybe split into two groups (Express/Regular). My fiance and I have FF+ with Express and are always looking for people to join us. I'm a total wuss, but I have a great appreciation for the scareactors and the storyline that HHN A&D creates. I always feel less like a wuss when there are more people around me :zombie_attack:Would really like a way to meet up with some of you. 

I made one for the HHN Group on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1587817804563739/?ti=cl

7 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Even the houses, Bayou of Blood as a house...come the fuck on. It's a rip off of HOS's theming. Can't wait for HHN to do a motel soon.

HHN did Hotel Hell.  As for "ripping off" theming, shall we discuss the Unearthed HOS did? The font and concept were both done by HHN 2012. Or what's his name, Trickster? Was that it? He was such a blatant Jack/Eddie/Heath Ledger's Joker hodgepodge. 

It's horror tropes. Voodoo is a very common horror trope. There's nothing to "rip off". It's like saying HHN ripped off Nevermore in 2011 because HOS decided to announce their Poe house first. 

Bayou + Voodoo is a trope. Multiple entities are going to tackle that trope. 

Yes, Marketing is lacking. In fact, Marketing needs a serious overhaul in my eyes. They seem to be attempting some kind of troll/burn persona while simultaneously flailing to find their identity and clinging to tropes. This has nothing to do with anyone ripping off horror tropes that have been circulating long before the existence of either events. 

EDIT: Thanks to all who said they'd like to do a house with me. There's no guarantee I'll make the event this year. I missed last year. I may miss this year. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

HHN did Hotel Hell.  As for "ripping off" theming, shall we discuss the Unearthed HOS did? The font and concept were both done by HHN 2012. Or what's his name, Trickster? Was that it? He was such a blatant Jack/Eddie/Heath Ledger's Joker hodgepodge. 

Regarding Hotel Hell, sure! They did. But I almost don't blame them since it's been years between the two. As for Bayou it was literally next year after HOS did their house. Piss poor imo. Plus, even if HOS did rip off HHN, I wouldn't expect / want HHN to do it the same.

PS - what concept was similar to Unearthed at HHN 22? Doesn't ring a bell.

19 hours ago, rockingamer17 said:

Will have to see in person and even if ugly I always buy a house shirt...but I am conflicted 'cause thank goodness it is something other than the usual blood writing or just the plain logo from last year but...idk hahaha

But the shirt def isn't really representing an icon really, any update on what we think is happening there with the icon status? Or no icon?

On 8/7/2017 at 9:26 AM, CNYHHN315 said:

Anyone know what the shirt says. Looks like a voodoo house maybe....

f3Nk4cI.jpg

19 hours ago, rockingamer17 said:

Since I have over 180 HHN shirts I really want to add this to my collection.. I think it looks pretty good.

\\

30 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Will have to see in person and even if ugly I always buy a house shirt...but I am conflicted 'cause thank goodness it is something other than the usual blood writing or just the plain logo from last year but...idk hahaha

But the shirt def isn't really representing an icon really, any update on what we think is happening there with the icon status? Or no icon?

If there was an icon they would have hinted at it by now and I don't see them doing one this yr..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Regarding Hotel Hell, sure! They did. But I almost don't blame them since it's been years between the two. As for Bayou it was literally next year after HOS did their house. Piss poor imo. Plus, even if HOS did rip off HHN, I wouldn't expect / want HHN to do it the same.

Duh, Critical

http://www.hhnlegacy.com/horror-unearthed.html

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Death Water Bayou debuted in 2013. This year will be its 5th year at HOS. How long should Universal/Creative have to wait to implement their take on a common horror trope?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

But that's not a house nor a scarezone. Only similarity is the name. 

48 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Death Water Bayou debuted in 2013. This year will be its 5th year at HOS. How long should Universal/Creative have to wait to implement their take on a common horror trope?

It's the fact they created a scarezone the next year after DWB came out that is odd to me.

1 hour ago, Ecto_Freak said:

Which is your favorite shirt?

Edited by criticalanalysis

I've always wanted the house shirt just to have the Halloween Horror Nights regular logo on the front with maybe some kind of passive background - like dark trees or a full moon or a graveyard or some kind of typical horror thing.  The closest I have to a shirt like that is last year's AP shirt. 

I'm glad they are dumping that stupid blood slogan on the front.  The only one I liked was "Once you're inside, there's no way out".  That was cool.  The rest just felt like  - oh let's be clever and find some passable slogan to smear on the front of these shirts and screw them all up.  They just got dumber every year.  

Also, I wish they'd start thinking outside the box a bit on merch.  I'd kill for an HHN luggage tag.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Ok, to me this is one of the exact reasons marketing doesnt need to do anything.  They have given out very little yet people are booking.  They have the marketing math and analytics.  They already know how many people have bought tickets.  The big 3 onsite hotels are pretty much booked through all of HHN.  If you saw that sales were at the same point as booking in previous years you could make a marketing decision to know you dont have to have a full court press because youre already winning in sales.  And we dont have any of that knowledge.  Could be this could be poor decisions.

So, would you be more apt to make purchases if marketing shares more information about the HHN plans?  It doesnt really sound like it and my post isnt to pick on someone because I see this as more of a general tone in the thread. @criticalanalysis - you just did a good job summarizing the tone.  Yet, very few have thrown down the gauntlet and cancelled their travel to HHN because they are pissed they dont know the other houses, yet.

2 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Why would you not get the express pass if you are going? I take it you can afford it since you say you are giving it up. Im all for sticking it to the man where possible but seeing 3 houses a night would SUCK!

Hey, I've done that, and didn't mind. Worst case scenario, go on some rides. Speaking of which, do you think 'Race Through New York' will be open for HHN?

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hey, I've done that, and didn't mind. Worst case scenario, go on some rides. Speaking of which, do you think 'Race Through New York' will be open for HHN?

I hope not, it would completely ruin the mood. I hate it. Normally i like to think I'm a pretty positive person, but when it comes to Race Through New York I'm worse than Critical. Extra bathroom space would have been better then that ride.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

So, would you be more apt to make purchases if marketing shares more information about the HHN plans?  It doesnt really sound like it and my post isnt to pick on someone because I see this as more of a general tone in the thread. @criticalanalysis - you just did a good job summarizing the tone.  Yet, very few have thrown down the gauntlet and cancelled their travel to HHN because they are pissed they dont know the other houses, yet.

If marketing was doing its job properly and creating phenomenal atmosphere around the event I would go for two nights, book my on-site hotel, eat at City Walk before, eat late in the park, buy alcohol, buy an Express Pass, do the Unmasking the Horror tour, and get merchandise while talking up the event to friends. None of that is going to happen this year.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic