HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

At least marketing is being consistent this year - big buildup to nothing......the yearly wallpapers and sweepstakes.

With the promises of five more boxes of nothing.

Well, maybe the next one will reveal that Bill and Ted is returning.  Or that The Simpsons will be open during HHN.

How the mighty have fallen.

Wonder if a new house will be revealed at ScareLA tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zombieman said:

At least marketing is being consistent this year - big buildup to nothing......the yearly wallpapers and sweepstakes.

With the promises of five more boxes of nothing.

Well, maybe the next one will reveal that Bill and Ted is returning.  Or that The Simpsons will be open during HHN.

How the mighty have fallen.

Wonder if a new house will be revealed at ScareLA tomorrow.

If a house is getting announced at ScareLA tomorrow it's most likely a Hollywood exclusive(Leatherface or Insidious).. but hopefully not 

25 minutes ago, yawjt said:

but the countdown did lead to something just not what you wanted it to count down to. Never once did universal say that the clock was gonna lead to anything specific such as an announcement or full reveal!

In past years, any sort of countdown timer or mystery date resulted in something a hell of a lot better than wallpaper.

They trained us to expect much and now they deliver little.

But keep on chastising us for being disappointed for no good reason.  You are entertaining.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, yawjt said:

but the countdown did lead to something just not what you wanted it to count down to. Never once did universal say that the clock was gonna lead to anything specific such as an announcement or full reveal!

Got the impression that we were supposed to get something yesterday but IP troubles strike again!

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Nobody complained because there was not a specific countdown leading to nothing three weeks before.

Got the sweepstakes. Countdown to something for sure. 

2 hours ago, Badge said:

See, Exorcist did nothing for me. I didn't find it scary at all and never felt the doom, chills, or fear that a lot of other people did. It was in my bottom three.

Now Tomb of the Ancients is a whole different story. That house terrifies me to this day just thinking about it! I had never let out an audible scream at the event, even when I was so scared going into my very first house during 24. However when those walls dropped causing the LOUD band and caused the floor to shake I screamed so loud! The fact that the effect happened so close to the start of the house made me a total wreck the whole way thru.  It was one house that I made a point to go thru at least once a night (sometimes more than once) because I loved the way it made me feel. First house I had been into since 24 and the walking dead forest scene that I felt like that. It didn't help that it was SO dark and claustrophobic in there too. Fun fact, A&D had to fight for a higher budget to put a ceiling throughout the entire maze just to make it feel even more claustrophobic. Ceilings in mazes are pretty rare (especially in the sprung tents) because of the added cost to run water suppression systems required by law. However, after going thru the house without a ceiling, they knew they had to fight for it because it would add so much to the house. I'm sure most guests didn't even notice the ceiling, but it added to the claustrophobic feeling which was the whole point of the house. A&D had never done a house that played so much on that fear and they wanted to see if they could pull it off. To me, they did, and they did it perfectly!

Tomb was one of my favorite houses in the past few years. Fantastic design, scary, intense. Shame several parts changed from Preview to week 2.

2 hours ago, yawjt said:

There it is.

• Like 1

I want to stress to anyone from universal that's might be looking and the rest of this board, and I think most would agree with me, our frustrations are only for the marketing. These three Houses we have so far are all absolutely amazing and will make awesome, immersive experiences. And I am thrilled that the Original house count is going up. 

• Like 10

On August 3, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Drummanmatt said:

I think they blocked me. Did not go down well. At least now they now know how it feels haha

I love how you all are commending him for this. A dude just got blocked on HHN social media for being obnoxious and "as long as he got the truth out" its deemed ok. It's the same ideology terrorists have when sending out a suicide bomber. You people are bobo as hell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PartyCityGhost said:

I love how you all are commending him for this. A dude just got blocked on HHN social media for being obnoxious and "as long as he got the truth out" its deemed ok. It's the same ideology terrorists have when sending out a suicide bomber. You people are bobo as hell

For the record the blocked comment was a joke. I was just ignored (as I knew I would be), but it was more about making the point that I felt pretty frustrated. As most people did that day too. 

To equate that to terrorism is just ludicrous. That's all I have to say on the matter. 

I do feel as as though we maybe were supposed to get something big revealed that day, but it just wasn't ready yet. Whether that's poor planning, IP holders being difficult, or whatever, there should have been a plan B in place when it became apparent that the deadline set by Marketing on the website was going to be missed. 

The whole thing really has left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth, as I'm sure it has done for others too. And I think it's only right that people voice their frustrations over this to help the team learn from the mistakes and grow. If no one at work told me I was doing something wrong, I'd continue doing the same thing over and over again, which could lead to something more serious happening than a simple error which I can learn from and positively improve my performance at work. 

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big gripe. The event will be great, well run, and very popular I'm sure. But in the world of consumerism even little publicity messes can tarnish the overall product. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

For those interested, Mike has tweeted a brief chain of his sort of response to recent happenings.

"In an on demand world like social media and this new engaging personalized marketing..I think we sometimes place our own expectations ....and I know for me I am constantly reminded myself as a fan pop culture that sometimes it's ok t look out the window... ..and take in the sights or feel the anticipation. Rather than needing to be behind the wheel or have your foot on the pedal." - Michael Aiello

So please, can we all please lift our foots off the pedal? The last handful of pages on this thread have been the same complaint over and over and over again just worded differently by different people. Let's enjoy the anticipation while it lasts.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

So please, can we all please lift our foots off the pedal? The last handful of pages on this thread have been the same complaint over and over and over again just worded differently by different people. Let's enjoy the anticipation while it lasts.

He's not going to come in and say, "Yeah, marketing fucking sucks!" He has zero control over it (per when he said, "Not involved how things are released....") and isn't going to throw his colleagues under the bus publicly. Guarantee he thinks it is retarded how they're handling it. Marketing has done such a horrible job that Mike took the time to tweet 10ish tweets about it - meaning he's seeing the response it's causing. That's absolutely not good marketing. Behind the scenes someone is kicking their ass because it's NOT good publicity and it's costing them.

Edited by criticalanalysis

The fiancé and I were at universal today and tried as hard as we could to find hints  for HHN27. We found the Lair of the Banshee stuff again but that was it. We even looked behind Barney and Simpsons for clues. Whatever they are planning for this year, they are keeping it close to the vest.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wow said:

Hollywood just announced a Titans of Terror maze, which will most likely be an exclusive. Orlando needs to announce SOMETHING this week or they'll be falling behind 

And its announcement video was cool. Chucky calling people "idiots...low lives" which is the adult angle the event should be going for. Sounds way more genuine than the bullshit "SOUL COLLECTORS" crap. And they're announcing, interacting with fans.

• Like 3

From what I hear the "icon" may or may not happen. If it does it'll be the biggest thing for HHN ever. If it doesn't they have the soul collectors as a backup.

knowing the above I have a theory as to what is going on, and a good understanding why it is so difficult to pull off an announce. 

Marketing still suck. They should have had a plan B. But if they pull this off it'll be l majestical 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

From what I hear the "icon" may or may not happen. If it does it'll be the biggest thing for HHN ever. If it doesn't they have the soul collectors as a backup.

knowing the above I have a theory as to what is going on, and a good understanding why it is so difficult to pull off an announce. 

Marketing still suck. They should have had a plan B. But if they pull this off it'll be l majestical 

Share share share! Show your sources! 

All I know is uni employees were told everything. And told icon may or may not happen. That's it. By that and the soul collector theme my personal guess is we won't get an icon. My guess is that the original icon was going to be the dementors from Harry Potter, but it's just not happened in time. It fits the theme, and also the explanation why it didn't come to fruition. All it means is I need to get the money and time off work to come again (in the words of Apu) next year haha

If we were supposed to have dementors I'm glad it didn't work out. My friend I was supposed to travel with is a Harry Potter freak. If she missed out on this I think she may have had a mental breakdown 

This is purely conjection. Not fact. I could be way off. I just feel that lacking a proper explanation this is plausible 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

All I know is uni employees were told everything. And told icon may or may not happen.

I can tell you that this is definitely not true.  Not even the SMs for the event know anything other than the 3 houses that have been announced, let alone anyone lower on the totem pole, and they all have big non-disclosure agreements.   They're keeping it tight under wraps even for us.  I highly doubt even marketing knows exactly what's going on until they get a briefing.  The only people who probably knows what's going on is the show directors and the techs that are building the houses.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Futurion said:

I can tell you that this is definitely not true.  Not even the SMs for the event know anything other than the 3 houses that have been announced, let alone anyone lower on the totem pole, and they all have big non-disclosure agreements.   They're keeping it tight under wraps even for us.  I highly doubt even marketing knows exactly what's going on until they get a briefing.  The only people who probably knows what's going on is the show directors and the techs that are building the houses.

I'm new to this. I'm just saying what I've been told (whether it is true of rubbish). I just hope there's a proper reason for the countdown on Thursday leading nowhere lol. 

4 minutes ago, Futurion said:

I'm new to this. I'm just saying what I've been told (whether it is true of rubbish). I just hope there's a proper reason for the countdown on Thursday leading nowhere lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Go ahead and take anything you hear about the event that's not official knowledge with a grain of salt.  Everyone likes to act like they know some big insider secret but it's simply not true.  They have no reason to tell anyone in the parks about the event until it's announced to the GP.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Futurion said:

Go ahead and take anything you hear about the event that's not official knowledge with a grain of salt.  Everyone likes to act like they know some big insider secret but it's simply not true.  They have no reason to tell anyone in the parks about the event until it's announced to the GP.  

Exactly. It's all conjecture until proven otherwise. My guess is soul collectors are dementors from Harry Potter. Unless they legally can't do that. Then it's generic "things that go bump in he night". I have no basis for that other than soul collector advertisement and big countdown to nothing. I could be way off. But could be spot on. I don't care anymore I just want to know what the hell is going on. I hate speculation that goes nowhere 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic