HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Garlic it is then! Might help keep the scareactors away haha. I'm doing the RIP tour and doubt they'll let me have time to try it, so planning on going another night just to really enjoy the scare zones so will try it then. Twisted taters, blinky cup cocktail, and someone getting their purge on. What more do you need? Haha. 

Poutine sounds disgusting. I like cheesy chips (fries). I like gravy and chips (fries). But chips (fries) with gravy AND cheese?!?! Nope

9 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

The event starts in September, and we're actually about three to four announcements down vs previous years

LOL yes i know it starts in september but you dont have to attend in september if you want time to plan your visit because of lack of info. Go the last week of october. That leaves plenty of time. And yes were down info. But there is no set info schedule. Dont expect info because we got it at this time previous years. The event went fine before XX when we never got any info until mid august

Edited by CNYHHN315
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

I'm actually all for how marketing handled this; makes a stronger argument for handing this stuff back over to creative. 

This seriously needs to happen! Give twitter and the website back to A&D and marketing can have their little input with cardboard and billboard signage to attract the locals. 

I honestly hope that this year has much lower than expected sales but some of the highest rated and most talked about houses. The higher ups needs to see that the Marketing team DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MARKET! They need to see that fans of the event are not happy. When the creators of the whole event have control over how to spread the word about the event they have been working on all year, they go all out to make sure everybody knows how much love they put into it. The old websites with their awesome backstory and games/puzzles prove that. 

Whats really sad is the fact that, as storytellers, you know A&D have created some great backstory for who the Soul Collectors are and what they do. I'm sure all of this backstory was given to Marketing in hopes that it would be on display somewhere to get fans interested in who/what the Soul Collectors are and why they are the "Icon" this year. Instead Marketing turns around and comes up with this awful website and timer concept that makes me not even care about the Soul Collectors. I feel so bad for the A&D guys today, seeing an event they love and work so hard on getting totally bad mouthed all over. 

At this point, we are going to start getting street construction before we even have 1/3 of the event revealed. We only have 3 houses! We still need 6 houses, 5 scarezones and 2 shows to be announced and we are just over a month away from opening night. Heck, the giant stage is already going up and light towers are up in Central Park! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

If I remember correctly, they have Garlic, Salt & Vinegar, and Season Salt. Nothing spicy. And then of course there's the mysterious poutine. 

I'm not even gonna do houses this year, I'm just gonna go to every food booth to find out if there actually is poutine.

Also, I kinda wish I had gone with my original plan to go to NYC and see Sweeney Todd off-Broadway. At least then I wouldn't have to book a hotel since I have friends I can crash with

• Like 1

Ok I'm bored at work so I decided to ask Mr. Google where the poutine is at HHN and according to my findings, it's at the stand labeled Loaded Fries (makes sense, duh). Whoever goes to HHN first, please report back to me with your findings and whether or not they compare to the poutine at Disney Springs. This is an important mission. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I honestly don't get the whole poutine thing. But each to their own. 

I know how you feel. I vacation in Canada every summer, and that disgusting creation is like a treasured national dish up there. But, hey, if they like it, it's all good.
I'd also have to echo the comments by some here: The Countdown proved to be the world's biggest letdown, but we can get comfort from knowing that a Marketing failure does not mean that the Creative department will fail to create a really fun event this year.
Do I wish we could have had the kinds of awesome websites we had in 2008 and 2009? Of course! But, even if those year's websites were crap, that wouldn't change how good the Houses those year were (Most of them, anyway).

Edited by Nightcrawler
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I honestly don't get the whole poutine thing. But each to their own. Back home we have the parmo which is amazing. Google parmo and if something about Middlesbrough comes up that's it. If HHN sold that I'd literally spend every night eating that

It's just me. Poutine is non existent where I'm from and I tried it for the first time last year in Disney Springs and fell in love. I want it any chance I get. 

I don't know about you guys, but I would LOVE to know what Mike thinks about marketing's plan this year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

It's just me. Poutine is non existent where I'm from and I tried it for the first time last year in Disney Springs and fell in love. I want it any chance I get. 

I don't know about you guys, but I would LOVE to know what Mike thinks about marketing's plan this year. 

Each to their own. I'm sure theres loads of food I love which you'd hate the idea of too haha. 

And yes I'd love to hear his take on it too. He's been good at keeping his distance and opinions at bay, but surely he is going to have to have a private word with marketing now?

Meh. I've gone through the seven stages of grief on this and now I'm at acceptance. Acceptance that marketing are crap and to wait until I'm actually there on Sunday September 24th for my RIP tour at 7:30. If you're around for the same tour or in the park then let me know. Be nice to meet you!

Edited by Drummanmatt
  • Like 1

The sad thing is, i'm sure Mike knew what was coming and knew the backlash it would cause yet his hands were tied. I'm sure he is enjoying his much deserved better position within the company, but I really miss having a "face" of the event. Hollywood still has Murdy and while their Marketing also has it's say into when things get announced, he at least interacts and acknowledges the hardcore fan base. Orlando's social media is just a joke. Have you seen the few responses they have made today to all the backlash? "This is seriously becoming my favorite past time. Forget knives and chainsaws, I've figured out a new kind of torture". Like, that's how you respond to basically every single person that follows HHN on twitter for news updates? By saying this delay and total hate towards the event is something you like? Seriously? Are they trying to get people not to come?

• Like 3

The whole thing sounds like the southern rail crap going on in the UK atm.

Southern rail is a private company responsible for running trains in the south of England. Most of these routes are commuter routes in and out of London.

For the last 2 years there have been lots of strikes, distruption, and severely bad customer service. 

Yet people still use them regardless. Either because of some sense of loyalty, or because they are the only way to commute for them (irrespective of other routes available). 

Moral of of the story is this. Complain all you want. Bitch and moan about what you don't like. If you keep on going back to it nothing with change and indeed will probably get worse. Once they have your money they really couldn't care less. Business 101 I'm afraid. 

Anyway. If anyone wants to meet up for twisted taters, a beer/blinky cup concoction, a house or two on Saturday 30 September or Sunday 1 October let me know. As I've said before I'm now travelling on my own so open to making new friends on my travels :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Moral of of the story is this. Complain all you want. Bitch and moan about what you don't like. If you keep on going back to it nothing with change and indeed will probably get worse. Once they have your money they really couldn't care less. Business 101 I'm afraid. 

Anyway. If anyone wants to meet up for twisted taters, a beer/blinky cup concoction, a house or two on Saturday 30 September or Sunday 1 October let me know. As I've said before I'm now travelling on my own so open to making new friends on my travels :D

Not to be rude, but was that transition intentional? :lol:

2 hours ago, Badge said:

This seriously needs to happen! Give twitter and the website back to A&D and marketing can have their little input with cardboard and billboard signage to attract the locals. 

I honestly hope that this year has much lower than expected sales but some of the highest rated and most talked about houses. The higher ups needs to see that the Marketing team DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MARKET! They need to see that fans of the event are not happy. When the creators of the whole event have control over how to spread the word about the event they have been working on all year, they go all out to make sure everybody knows how much love they put into it. The old websites with their awesome backstory and games/puzzles prove that. 

Whats really sad is the fact that, as storytellers, you know A&D have created some great backstory for who the Soul Collectors are and what they do. I'm sure all of this backstory was given to Marketing in hopes that it would be on display somewhere to get fans interested in who/what the Soul Collectors are and why they are the "Icon" this year. Instead Marketing turns around and comes up with this awful website and timer concept that makes me not even care about the Soul Collectors. I feel so bad for the A&D guys today, seeing an event they love and work so hard on getting totally bad mouthed all over. 

At this point, we are going to start getting street construction before we even have 1/3 of the event revealed. We only have 3 houses! We still need 6 houses, 5 scarezones and 2 shows to be announced and we are just over a month away from opening night. Heck, the giant stage is already going up and light towers are up in Central Park! 

Can't remember who said it now, I think it was Legacy, but it sounded like this year would have an especially strong house lineup. Maybe it's just scuttlebutt, who knows what exactly caused him to report this, but yeah. So we can hope.

• Like 1

Transition from moaning to advertising for people to protect me from HHN? Totally intentional and necessary haha. 

This is is the first time I've gone to the event. I waited to do it until my 30th birthday (January btw). And was supposed to go with a great friend. 

Unfortunately she needed urgent minor back surgery, and now can't fly. So I'm going on my own to Florida for two weeks. Totally fine with that apart from HHN. So would appreciate people to help me through!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Can't remember who said it now, I think it was Legacy, but it sounded like this year would have an especially strong house lineup. Maybe it's just scuttlebutt, who knows what exactly caused him to report this, but yeah. So we can hope.

His reporting is based off stuff he's seen about sets  and scenes (which he seems to actually get legitimate views off, since he's definitely seen sets). As he has said, it's up to the actors to complete the package. So we can only hope.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

His reporting is based off stuff he's seen about sets  and scenes (which he seems to actually get legitimate views off, since he's definitely seen sets). As he has said, it's up to the actors to complete the package. So we can only hope.

Containing on with Legacy's relation to sets & info, he stated Bayou of Blood is gonna be the most atmospheric of the originals(similar to Orfanage & houses like that) & Angels vs Demons is gonna be the most intense/adrenaline inducing(think nightengales). And also that the Vampire house(Hive) should have vampires with a sparkle effect on them... so take that as you want

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Drummanmatt said:

Transition from moaning to advertising for people to protect me from HHN? Totally intentional and necessary haha. 

This is is the first time I've gone to the event. I waited to do it until my 30th birthday (January btw). And was supposed to go with a great friend. 

Unfortunately she needed urgent minor back surgery, and now can't fly. So I'm going on my own to Florida for two weeks. Totally fine with that apart from HHN. So would appreciate people to help me through!

I have been doing HHN solo the past two years. Always go down to Orlando for 2-3 weeks around this time of year. 5 years ago I had a trip planned with my best friend who bailed on me 12 hours before the flight. Was going to be my first ever HHN but I was terrified so I ended up not going. Then for 24 I managed to get my sister to go and that got me hooked! 

Going solo is not the worst thing. Sure, its nice to hang out with people you know to laugh at them when they get scared, but solo has it's perks. Your free to do whatever you want, whenever you want to. I like to just hang out in a scarezone for a while and see what happens. I will just roam around (or sit on a bench) for 30-45 minutes in one zone. Some zones, like Vamp last year, have so much going on with incredible actors that you lose track of time watching them scare. 

One tip I do have, if you can afford it, get the express pass ticket option. Even though I am only going for 12 of the event nights, I am getting the ultimate fear ticket with express so I can go every night.  You can always strike up a conversation with people around you in line, but if your anything like me, talking to strangers doesn't come easy and being in line without anybody to talk to (if the people in front of you and behind you don't want to chat) for an hour or more is not the best. 

Your going to have a great time regardless! You will most likely get hooked and go every year now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wow said:

Containing on with Legacy's relation to sets & info, he stated Bayou of Blood is gonna be the most atmospheric of the originals(similar to Orfanage & houses like that) & Angels vs Demons is gonna be the most intense/adrenaline inducing(think nightengales). And also that the Vampire house(Hive) should have vampires with a sparkle effect on them... so take that as you want

I believe the Vampire Sparkle was a joke. Legacy is very...flat when it comes to his posts. :mellow: :D

Just now, ForeverEvil1 said:

I believe the Vampire Sparkle was a joke. Legacy is very...flat when it comes to his posts. :mellow: :D

I hope the sparkle was a joke, the Vampire house is the only one we know barely anything about, besides that it looks like The Conjuring and has vampires

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Your going to have a great time regardless! You will most likely get hooked and go every year now.

I've got the RIP tour booked up.  My plan is to do that to get a proper understanding about what this thing is. Then the week after is to do blue man group (early Saturday show) then hit the scarezones a while. Then the day after do the event properly as a normal guest. But like I said I'm happy to hang out with people and have a laugh. Or mild heart attack. 

One of the best things I did to get over my fear was the Unmasking tour! Getting a lights on look at everything and a lot of inside information about how/why they did things the way they did really helped ease my mind. Seeing where actors might be hiding at night, seeing the triggers the actors push, seeing that it's just a lot of plywood and paint took me from "OMG I AM GOING TO DIE" to "OMG I can't believe I know all these little secrets that the person behind me has no idea about!" when going thru the house. Stuff like the sign in book in Ghost Town having the names of the serial killers that were in AHS: Hotel as guests. Getting an up close look at the very detailed snow globes in Krampus. Learning how the "Touchy Feely" hallway worked in Insidious. I could go on and on.

It also gave me an incredible amount of respect to the A&D team that can design nine brand new houses every single year. The tour guides are given a massive guidebook they have to study because nearly every single room inside every single house has a story and a reason for it being their. The RIP tour is great, but after doing the Unmasking Tour, I won't go back to the RIP tour. Not enough "insider" info for me.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic