HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

5 minutes ago, Pandry said:

Come now, share with the rest of us!

Universal picked a great time to put out an "ask universal" thing on twitter (honestly - you couldn't write this stuff). I asked if marketing dropped the ball today. Then I asked how I can get my soul back.....

Think I'm well within my consumer rights to ask for my soul back. I was promised information and goodies in exchange for my soul. Nothing has been forthcoming so I want my property back!

• Like 7

My final opinion about all of this:

Today sucked. Obviously. Big disappointment.

But I personally think Marketing's actions shouldn't affect our opinions of CREATIVE's work. I believe Creative's successes can make up for Marketing's failures once we enter the gates.

Bad Marketing does not equal a dead year. I think it's a very short-sighted way to look at things, to say it kindly.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

But I personally think Marketing's actions shouldn't affect our opinions of CREATIVE's work. I believe Creative's successes can make up for Marketing's failures once we enter the gates.

Bad Marketing does not equal a dead year. I think it's a very short-sighted way to look at things, to say it kindly.

Could not agree more. We all know the event will be awesome. We will all have a great time. Just a shame that the public face of the event is letting the side down spectacularly 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

People are letting themsevles down by expecting information before mid august for an october event. Plain and simple

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah, I can agree with that. The problem is that they made a countdown for literally NOTHING. I seriously wonder if marketing just wanted to piss people off. It worked.

But it really wasnt for nothing. It was the timer to sign up for soul collectors. It's you that assumed it was for something else

Just now, CNYHHN315 said:

But it really wasnt for nothing. It was the timer to sign up for soul collectors. It's you that assumed it was for something else

It makes a mockery of that whole premise when you can still sign up now when the countdown has finished. 

Anyway. Switching topics. What flavour of twisted tater should I get? What flavours do they do? Never had this before and super excited to try it!

Lets not sugar coat it. Today SUCKED and Marketing eats ass. But A&D will come through as they always do. Im still going. But it would make more sense for more info to be made available as lot of people drive/fly to FL for this event. Im one of them.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

my problem is the lack of commucation they need somebody who talk not only hardcore fans but also the genral audeince

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Lets not sugar coat it. Today SUCKED and Marketing eats ass. But A&D will come through as they always do. Im still going. But it would make more sense for more ifoto be made available as lot so people drive/fly to FL for this event. Im one of them.

But only from the US, given the sweepstakes T's & C's. That's what really annoyed me today. It's demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding that this event has global appeal outside of the US. Sure, most people abroad won't go to Orlando solely to do HHN, but many (like me) will build it into their plans over a 2/3 week holiday doing other stuff too. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

It makes a mockery of that whole premise when you can still sign up now when the countdown has finished. 

Anyway. Switching topics. What flavour of twisted tater should I get? What flavours do they do? Never had this before and super excited to try it!

Garlic!!!! Gotta keep those vampires away! But all jokes aside the garlic one is the best. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Garlic!!!! Gotta keep those vampires away! But all jokes aside the garlic one is the best. 

I LOVE garlic! Chips (fries for you Americans) and garlic sauce is my drunken go-to food haha. 

Also given the "hive" rumours I need all the help I can get. Garlic, crosses, wooden stakes, holy water. I'll take it all haha. 

What other flavours do they do? Do they do chilli? Love a bit of spicy food

7 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

Well it did have a purpose silly! It counted down to the amazing sweepstakes! B)

FUUUUUU Marketing!:angry::zombie_attack:

Like I said before, only for those in the US. For the rest of us it was a bit of a kick in the teeth

Edited by Drummanmatt
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

That is very true. Maybe it just shows more division between departments and less communication-- maybe due to structural changes. I am grasping at straws but you're right-- all is not lost. One question-- who oversees this all? Wouldn't someone see this as a bad idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xtine said:

That is very true. Maybe it just shows more division between departments and less communication-- maybe due to structural changes. I am grasping at straws but you're right-- all is not lost. One question-- who oversees this all? Wouldn't someone see this as a bad idea.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm facing a similar situation at work. Huge project, but teams are siloed with little oversight of the bigger picture. It's a recipe for disaster because you don't have someone who can call out whether things aren't working as expected, or keep everyone on track working towards the same goal. This whole thing screams lack of leadership and cohesiveness across different teams. It really feels as though A&D and Marketing are completely disjointed. There needs to be someone who can link the teams together and keep them in line with each other

54 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Bad marketing doesn't equal a bad year, but it does have an effect on the hype/excitement of preparing to go. Right now my hype meter is beyond low to the point where I'm kinda just angry. I don't want to be angry about going on vacation. I don't feel like I'm asking for a whole lot to actually know what I'm going to see roughly a month before the event begins. This countdown today has to be one of the most absurd gimmicks I've seen. Who actually thought it would be a good idea to do what they did today? When basically all of twitter is trashing marketing in general you know there's a serious problem, but will anything be done about it? 

I honestly hope ticket sales go down the toilet this year. That's probably the only way to get through to these people. Like I said before, if marketing is piss poor again next year they won't be getting at least a couple grand from me. 

I hope the final product makes up for what I've been presented with this far.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

What other flavours do they do? Do they do chilli? Love a bit of spicy food

Like I said before, only for those in the US. For the rest of us it was a bit of a kick in the teeth

If I remember correctly, they have Garlic, Salt & Vinegar, and Season Salt. Nothing spicy. And then of course there's the mysterious poutine. 

• Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic