HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

30 minutes ago, yawjt said:

all the die hard fans that are in this are still gonna buy tickets and go......just saying....you can complain all you want but your still gonna go!!

Not necessarily. As of right now, I'm not planning on going. I'll be in FL in October regardless but they aren't selling me on this event anymore. I might just use the night I was planning on going to HHN to go to Player 1 or something with my friends. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Not necessarily. As of right now, I'm not planning on going. I'll be in FL in October regardless but they aren't selling me on this event anymore. I might just use the night I was planning on going to HHN to go to Player 1 or something with my friends. 

But you will go LOL , they are a week away from releasing plenty of info and then you will be right back on the hype train with no second thoughts about not going

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Correct. I haven't bought anything yet this year either. If I go it's an admission ticket, no memorabilia, no on site hotel, no food, no drink, nothing.

Just now, CNYHHN315 said:

But you will go LOL , they are a week away from releasing plenty of info and then you will be right back on the hype train with no second thoughts about not going

I'll LIKELY go, but as I said I'll spend way less (including no tour this year). But HOS gets more money from me, local haunts (which are 10x better than HHN) will get more money, too.

Here's what I think is the behind the scenes:

Marketing Director: People, Volcano Bay is a fucking PR disaster.  I want all hands on deck.  Everyone drop what you're doing and make a positive spin on this.

Marketing Team: But we have Horror Nights coming up??

Marketing Director:  That shit runs itself.  Throw some type of countdown clock on the website that'll keep people occupied for weeks on end.

Marketing Team:  What happens when it runs out?

Marketing Director:  Do I have to come up with everything??  Do whatever.  Recycle the old Harry Potter ads that we recycled to begin with.  Have sales figure it out for all I care.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

Dude, no. I don't go down to Orlando every October JUST for HHN. I have a lot of friends down there that I like to visit and I spend more time at Disney than Universal. HHN is just a bonus that I enjoy. If they don't have anything that sells me on going, I'm not going to go. I'll save myself a couple hundred dollars and go get drunk at Disney Springs or Epcot instead. 

Take a seat. 

I posted this on Reddit, but I wanted to put it a few other places as well.

Here's my mostly calm view on the situation, and why it was handled terribly.

Take personal feelings and disappointment out of this.

The "soul counter" ended today, and many of us expected something pretty good. Maybe not a full reveal, but something big since it's been going on for a month.

What we actually received was a social media picture frame and a link to a sweepstakes we can enter daily (until September 1st). We'll focus on the sweepstakes, wherein you can win a trip for two to Horror Nights this year. Fun, right?

Here's why it's an absolute garbage fire of an idea:

The overall point of advertising and marketing is to create excitement and demand with the end point being a purchase.

So, what does a sweepstakes do to promote sales? Absolutely. Nothing.

It actually discourages people from purchasing tickets and/or booking a trip.

They drive you to the site (potentially daily). You give them your information (which they probably already have from the Soul Collectors)....and then you wait and hope to win a trip.

Not purchase tickets, add-ons, book a flight, hotel, etc. Because that will all be provided if you win.

So what happens? Remember, we're talking about the general public here. Not the HHN faithful that have had their trip planned for months. Because that's who we can really influence with ads.

Well...they wait until September 1st. Possibly forget completely about entering to win. Then they don't go on the trip they never planned.

Now. Let's assume that maybe someone is still interested in going after almost a month (and then not winning).

They assume since they didn't hear anything, they didn't win. But, that event sounded pretty cool. Let's price out a quick trip...

Tickets are decently priced. Ok. How much for a room?

Oh. Most of Universals on-site hotels are already booked up. Hmmm...guess I'll stay off-site.

That's OK though. How much is a flight? Oh snap! those are some expensive tickets (because it's only two weeks from the start of the event at this point).

Hmmm...maybe we won't go this year, but we'll remember to plan something for next year.

Next year comes...maybe they forget, maybe they don't. But, the end result is no sales for HHN27.

Sorry for the long example, but I wanted to submit an objective review rather than just saying they did a crap job this year.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Pandry said:

Here's what I think is the behind the scenes:

Marketing Director: People, Volcano Bay is a fucking PR disaster.  I want all hands on deck.  Everyone drop what you're doing and make a positive spin on this.

Marketing Team: But we have Horror Nights coming up??

Marketing Director:  That shit runs itself.  Throw some type of countdown clock on the website that'll keep people occupied for weeks on end.

Marketing Team:  What happens when it runs out?

Marketing Director:  Do I have to come up with everything??  Do whatever.  Recycle the old Harry Potter ads that we recycled to begin with.  Have sales figure it out for all I care.

Like for real real tho, they are showing ads for the fricking Mummy ride on Insta right now. Like what? 

• Like 2

HHN is a wonderful event and this year will be a great year, the sole reason we're dissing it is because Marketing has been a shitstorm. I think once they get back into the groove this year will get smoother and run its course; if this happens again next year though, they are going to be destroyed by the competition. Hopefully next year they give us a themed event along the lines of 17, 18, 19, & 21; since each event had IP's but had a reason for the IP's. This year they have that but aren't promoting it the way they should

3 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

take a seattttt :lol::lol::lol:

You gonna go and you know it. You cannot resist. You know 3 out of 9 houses and are saying your not going. Dramatic much?!?!

You are the dramatic one hun.  People on here can vent their frustrations if they want to.  If you are happy with the announcement today you are welcome to be.  Everyone can have their own opinion without putting down someone else's.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

take a seattttt :lol::lol::lol:

You gonna go and you know it. You cannot resist. You know 3 out of 9 houses and are saying your not going. Dramatic much?!?!

Yeah no I don't think so. My broke college self isn't going to fork over money to go to something I'm not super hyped about. Last year I was immediately sold by Chance, so I went. 

Also this is such a weird thing to be on a high horse about but whatever makes you happy, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, elhev said:

You are the dramatic one hun.  People on here can vent their frustrations if they want to.  If you are happy with the announcement today you are welcome to be.  Everyone can have their own opinion without putting down someone else's.  

Thank you 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

The A&D department must be fuming over all this negative press, all their hard work being completely undermined by rubbish marketing by a completely separate team. 

That's why I'm still having faith in the event, A&D never disappoints and Legacy  stated every house this year is really strong

• Like 7

Since marketings dry atm here's some info & rumors about each house:

The Shining: Will be in SS22, if Hollywood is an indicator expect Pepper's Ghost effect on Grady Twins

AHS: Mega maze this year, probably the least amount of inside info on this because we know what to expect

Ash vs Evil Dead: Dark comedy house, expect Henrietta & Ash's trailer park

Jigsaw: Mashup of the Saw films but with Jigsaw stuff in there too

Blumhouse Mashup: Will feature Sinister & Insidious, as well as their sequels

Bayou of Blood: Steamboat facade, most atmospheric house of the originals

Angels vs Demons: Most gory and adrenaline pumping of the originals, by that I mean think of something like Nightengales

Vampire/BEK House: Conjuring aesthetics, based on the concept of "a vampire can only come in if you let it". Ifrit hinted it to be about Black Eyed Kids, others have stated it isn't; so expect one of the two concepts

Harvest of the Souls: Soul Collectors icon house... not much else

All credit for this info goes to Manics & Legacy; but yeah this year will be great, marketing has just caused a lot of frustration

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wow said:

Vampire/BEK House: Conjuring aesthetics, based on the concept of "a vampire can only come in if you let it". Ifrit hinted it to be about Black Eyed Kids, others have stated it isn't; so expect one of the two concepts

I don't think Ifrit ever implied it was BEKs. I think that was just (incorrectly) inferred from one of his tweets, and it took on a life of it's own. 

4 minutes ago, Pandry said:

This house will just have a countdown clock in one room, nothing else.

And when the clock reaches zero a bunch of guys in suits jump out and offer you a chance to win a ticket to HHN and give you a free wallpaper.  Classic jumpscare

• Like 5

Also for those who enjoy codenames and such, here were the houses codenames:

AHS: Checkmate

Shining: Gold

Ash vs Evil Dead: ED

Jigsaw: Buzz

Blumhouse: Numb

Vampire: Hive

Bayou of Blood: Paddle

Angels vs Demons: Crater

Harvest of the Souls: Brains

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

And when the clock reaches zero a bunch of guys in suits jump out and offer you a chance to win a ticket to HHN and give you a free wallpaper.  Classic jumpscare

LMAO!  I can picture that.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic