HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Remember HHN25 where they had a countdown along with teasers on the way there, on that day when the countdown was over they announced the Originals, Scare Zones, and Shows so they kept their word. I remember that.

I don't remember that actually. I remember the equally disappointing sweepstakes page. 

2 minutes ago, Xtine said:

i dunno-- i travel from canada (the land where i can't even enter the sweepstakes) and i wish i didn't buy my tickets. think i would have skipped out this year. oh well-- i am sure i'm a small part of their market that they probably don't care about us.

Same for us Brits. It's actually making me not want to go....

2 minutes ago, Xtine said:

i dunno-- i travel from canada (the land where i can't even enter the sweepstakes) and i wish i didn't buy my tickets. think i would have skipped out this year. oh well-- i am sure i'm a small part of their market that they probably don't care about us.

Sad but probably true.

10 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Remember HHN25 where they had a countdown along with teasers on the way there, on that day when the countdown was over they announced the Originals, Scare Zones, and Shows so they kept their word. I remember that.

Yeah I really loved the Jack's Maniacs approach. I really do think this soul collecting is cool I just hope that uni doesn't run into any trouble with IP's down the line. Both Scream and The Conjuring are on my wish list.

Do you think they just don't have a budget this year? They messed up with VB and although a nice park they are getting bad reviews. 2 of the IPs they have a promoting a new season of a TV show as well as a new movie? They just can't put it all together because they are too busy with other things?

• Like 1

I suspect they have a budget but I understand why people would think otherwise.

As an aside think about how pathetic their marketing is. They have this "edgy" idea of "SOUL COLLECTORS" (spooky...ahem), and on their website on that page they have "ominous" (edgelord) messaging about how they're watching you, they're collecting your souls. AND BY THE WAY AFTER A COUNTDOWN HERE IS A SWEEPSTAKES THEY'RE GIVING YOU BECAUSE THEY LOVE YOU.

Completely disjointed theme, which goes along with all else they do. $20 they just have a video screen house like their attractions nowadays, too.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xtine said:

Do you think they just don't have a budget this year? They messed up with VB and although a nice park they are getting bad reviews. 2 of the IPs they have a promoting a new season of a TV show as well as a new movie? They just can't put it all together because they are too busy with other things?

I agree, Uni Marketing either had to put way more money into other campaigns, or they tried something different and failed. I grew up in Florida and even though I never went as a kid because I was (and still kind of am) a total wuss, I still remember the iconic television ads that were run about Jack and the Usher and the Caretaker. It seemed cohesive and iconic. The billboards for it were cohesive and scary. I just can't believe that you create a month long countdown for a sweepstakes...I used to work in marketing for a Uni competitor in Orlando and I just can't fully fathom the thought process behind this...

• Like 3

That's the point - there has been no thought process behind this it seems. 

Even an original house announcement would've helped today. 

The thing that that I find stupid is the countdown was the time you had to sign up for everything. Yet you can still sign up now after the time has expired. Completely undermines the whole thing!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

With all this backlash on twitter, I have to wonder if they are sitting around the office knowing they royally screwed up or if they simply don't care. 

They see sweepstakes clicks and determine it was a victory. 

People complain and then go and enter the sweepstakes.

We can spin this all we want, but Marketing's still gonna walk away with their fists in the air like the end of the Breakfast Club with people's money. 

• Like 2

they dont care the marketing thing is one for thing only for the genral public  but they got  to understand hhn has it hardcare fans as well if you put something soemething like that clock it going to pissied people off

11 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

We can spin this all we want, but Marketing's still gonna walk away with their fists in the air like the end of the Breakfast Club with people's money. 

Only reason I disagree is because entering a contest for free to win a free thing doesn't mean the people who were not going to the event suddenly will on their dime, nor does it mean the folks going will be happier because of a sweepstakes they'll likely lose (thus it won't translate into additional money spent at Universal...aka like how I don't spend money on anything besides a ticket).

• Like 3

Just now, yawjt said:

all the die hard fans that are in this are still gonna buy tickets and go......just saying....you can complain all you want but your still gonna go!!

They gonna be sad they talked so much crap about an amazing year full of surprises

20 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I am no marketing expert by any means but I did have to take many marketing courses as part of my business degree.  They can get as many clicks for people hoping to get free shit but if people are talking negatively about your product especially on social media I guarantee they don't view it as as victory. 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic