HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

18 minutes ago, Alice said:

The Soul Collectors counter hit 25k today, no changes to the site. What even are these little locked boxes??!!

My original thought was that for each social network you shared the "Your Soul is Requested" thing on, you would unlock a box but clearly that's not the case. It's almost like marketing had an idea but didn't actually follow through with it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

There's much better ways of building the hype though. Cryptic puzzles, construction photos, etc. Things that promote speculation and positive discussions, and build the hype up that way. 

A vacuum of information gives people nothing to speculate on, therefore more likely to be taken as negative. 

Plus for people travelling from from afar to the event it makes it very difficult. I knew I was always going to go to Orlando this year to go to HHN for the first time regardless, but if I was toying with the idea of going to Orlando for a holiday I'd probably have put off going back for another year or two. Not just over lack of HHN info, but other factors as well (I miss the days of £1:$2 - blame Brexit haha). Had I been more engaged by the HHN buildup then maybe that would have helped sway my decision to go. 

But they dont owe you any of that stuff, You are just spoiled by past HHN's that gave info early. I also travel from NY every year. What houses does not make my decision to go. I know UNI will deliver. Not alot of info but here you are speculating. Info no info, good houses bad houses you and everyone else are STILL going to attend

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

But they dont owe you any of that stuff, You are just spoiled by past HHN's that gave info early. I also travel from NY every year. What houses does not make my decision to go. I know UNI will deliver. Not alot of info but here you are speculating. Info no info, good houses bad houses you and everyone else are STILL going to attend

If Orlando was to be 100% IP, I'd skip it unless one of the IP particularly intrigued me, as I live 30 min from Hollywood.  I go to Orlando for the originals.  So what they present makes all the difference to me.  Given the leaks, I'm confident there will be three originals, so I'm moderately happy.  But I still haven't booked travel or bought tickets, and the reason, honestly, is the complete lack of hype.  This year really feels like a coasting year.  That they are taking the attendance for granted and they can scoot by with no hype.  Sad that Ifrit's twitter has built far more anticipation (for me) than anything the official site has.  It's going to take A LOT of surprises from marketing to get me excited for this year.

Seriously considering doing some bucket list haunts around the US and skipping Orlando for the first time in 13 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zombieman said:

If Orlando was to be 100% IP, I'd skip it unless one of the IP particularly intrigued me, as I live 30 min from Hollywood.  I go to Orlando for the originals.  So what they present makes all the difference to me.  Given the leaks, I'm confident there will be three originals, so I'm moderately happy.  But I still haven't booked travel or bought tickets, and the reason, honestly, is the complete lack of hype.  This year really feels like a coasting year.  That they are taking the attendance for granted and they can scoot by with no hype.  Sad that Ifrit's twitter has built far more anticipation (for me) than anything the official site has.  It's going to take A LOT of surprises from marketing to get me excited for this year.

Seriously considering doing some bucket list haunts around the US and skipping Orlando for the first time in 13 years.

There's 4 originals this year and 5 IP's. The originals are Bayou of Blood, Harvest of the Souls, Gothicombs/Angels vs Demons or whatever it is now, and whatever the vampire/black eyed kids/whatever the hell it is house

• Like 1

There will absolutely be originals. Always is and always will be. Sad you have a bad outlook thus far because theyve kept you in the dark. This is normal so I wouldnt worry too much. They have given us plenty of info. People are acting like they have given nothing. Its pretty funny actually. They dont owe us info. ITS AUGUST:lol: If you are mad dont go. I doubt uni will care

Edited by CNYHHN315
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, zombieman said:

But I still haven't booked travel or bought tickets, and the reason, honestly, is the complete lack of hype.  This year really feels like a coasting year.  That they are taking the attendance for granted and they can scoot by with no hype.  Sad that Ifrit's twitter has built far more anticipation (for me) than anything the official site has.  It's going to take A LOT of surprises from marketing to get me excited for this year.

1) Agree, it's a coasting year for sure.

2) Agreed on taking people for granted.

3) Agreed his twitter did more interesting things.

4) I usually do 8 to 10 haunts a year and HHN is pretty much on the bottom of my list in terms of "enjoyment" now, value, detail, etc. 

Edited by criticalanalysis

I disagree on a coasting year. Your expecting too much in JULY! Info this early should not be expected. The year is gonna be great

And taking people for granted is not new for UNI. They run a buisness

And yes the twitter was fun

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

I disagree on a coasting year. Your expecting too much in JULY! Info this early should not be expected. The year is gonna be great

And taking people for granted is not new for UNI. They run a buisness

And yes the twitter was fun

A welcome like minded person and been going nearly as long as I have to HHN. Hmm.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Frogger said:

A welcome like minded person and been going nearly as long as I have to HHN. Hmm.

So funny what people "expect" Already talking down on the year cause they dont know all the houses by August 1st. Before HHN XX we never got any info before august. And we already know 3 houses. Cause we dont have any puzzles or teasers means its a crap year......:lol: Just enjoy the event. Have fun

Edited by CNYHHN315
  • Like 2

This year's announced houses are The Shining, AHS: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke, and Ash vs Evil Dead. Technically if people want this event to be like older events this year is similar to 09 where they had the three characters/mazes(Saw, Chucky, Wolfman) advertised and nothing else had been announced.

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

IT might mean that yes. Like you said that always happens. Ive seen much worse out of successful years. They demolished a whole building right before HHN. Lack of info DOES NOT mean a bad year. Because there is NO lack of info. Look around. We almost know every house. There is a count down going on right now. Its august first!

I have confidence, I got tickets yesterday. I love all three IPs announced so far, and there are potentially more originals then last year. Worst case sinario I'm spending time at one of the best theme parks in the world with cheaper than normal tickets and with lower wait times for rides, when the weather is signifigantly cooler.

• Like 2

There was a massive IP scheduled to make an appearance, however haven't heard anything else about it in quite some time.

It may have gotten the axe.  

I actually enjoy not knowing what originals and scarezones we are getting. It leaves some element of surprise.

There's ALWAYS a shakeup.

• Like 2

Just now, marmoset said:

There was a massive IP scheduled to make an appearance, however haven't heard anything else about it in quite some time.

It may have gotten the axe.  

I actually enjoy not knowing what originals and scarezones we are getting. It leaves some element of surprise.

There's ALWAYS a shakeup.

Agreeeeeed.  I do not need teasers or games or puzzles for a great event. Ive learned to enjoy a surprise. Im going to have a blast no matter what. I love this event

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

And we havent booked our HHN  tickets just yet (just bought a car, gonna wait for the next paycheck) but we booked plane tix and our 3rd year in a row at Cabana Bay months ago!

I havent bought my tickets either. No need. Ive done rush of fear for the last 3 years. I always wait until around mid august to buy. About mid august the reality sets in that were getting close. Then I ignore all HHN info and let the rest be a surprise

Ok here's my thing with the lack of info: yes we are "spoiled" now with how soon we get info, yes everything was fine back in the day when they would announce everything in one go, but Universal is dealing with a bigger beast now. The event isn't what it used to be in a world that isn't what it used to be. I'm sure the fans on here that have been going since the event was in it's teens can confirm that the crowds have gotten way bigger since it's early days. People are traveling from farther and farther away to go to this event and honestly Universal should have the courtesy to tell people what will be there at least 2 months before the event. The guys on the Scarezone Podcast (hi to Logan and/or Chris if they're on here!) described it perfectly: you wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars to go to a music festival if they didn't tell you who was performing. Announcing the mazes and scarezone gets people hyped up for the event. It gives them time to go and watch or rewatch the featured IPs which, again, gets them hyped up. Personally, I'm not buying tickets until I know the full lineup because, while there is still a high probability I would go regardless, based on the 3 IPs announced, I wouldn't be upset about not going this year. 

I'm really really hoping this year is just a fluke as far as marketing goes because I can't imagine this will fly in future years. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic