HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

53 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I never watched It Follows.... the whole thing sounded dumb. So half of you will suggest it and half wont?

It's really worth a watch. The concept is totally different for a horror film but it's executed very well with some great music. One of the more unique horror/thriller films to come out in a LONG time that doesn't come off as cheesy. No chance of it ever coming to HHN though.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 0:05 PM, criticalanalysis said:

The 3% were right. Absolutely terrible movie.

Critical.... I AGREE.  In fact, my wife and my best friend also hated it.  The three of us have been huge horror fans for probably longer than a lot of you have been alive, and NONE of us could figure out the attraction, buzz or reviews for that movie.  We walked out of it saying over and over, "I don't get it.. I .. I just didn't like it AT ALL."  I've had a secret "Sucks" award for that movie ever since.   

On another note:  So much for the theory that we'd get an announcement during Comic Con.  Lame, Universal.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2017 at 9:23 PM, StupidStupidDan said:

They could reuse some AWIL props to do a Peachfuzz cameo. 

I really liked Creep because it was really well done...and super short. That runtime wins a lot of points from me.

I really enjoyed the ending lol,  can't really say much else without spoiling things for anyone who hasn't seen it.  I'd be very happy for peachfuzz to make a cameo. 

On 7/11/2017 at 2:54 PM, hunnylvr said:

While I understand your frustration (as do many here obviously), please don't think you're wasting your time or money to come to this event.  Even when they piss me off, Universal still puts on my favorite event of the year, and it's still the best six weeks of my life.. every. single. year.   Since you've never been, it won't matter to you if they do the Purge or Evil Dead (annoying because to us it's a repeat) - you've not seen any of it.  

I think we are all so frustrated and annoyed right now - and probably feeling pretty neglected, like a bunch of irate children - and it is bringing much more negativity here than is probably warranted.  Don't let that deter you or get you thinking you just pissed away a lot of money for nothing.  You didn't.  You'll have a blast, and if you know what's good for you, you'll listen to your wife, and you will make the annual trip.  I do, and I've not regretted it yet.  This will be my 13th year (lucky 13!) in a row traveling for this.  

I will make one suggestion to you though - if you are staying for a bit, you should consider squeezing in a night at Howl O Scream in Tampa.  It's only about an hour and 20 minutes drive, and it's worth it.  Someone on these boards suggested that to us a few years ago, and we enjoyed it so much, it is now part of our annual tradition.  Splurge for the guided VIP tour.  It's 100% worth it - you get unlimited front of the line on all houses and rides as many times as you want, a personal guide for the night, dinner and show at Fright Feast (marginal food, but the show is entertaining), and free drinks and snacks all night.

I've decided to send tweets to HHNOrlando every day until we get something.  I was thinking if we ALL did that, maybe we can at least annoy them.  That would be satisfying.

Thanks for the perspective and thanks for the Howl-o-scream tip.  I had that on the radar and was considering it.  I will await the VIP packages to be announced and sign up.  It certainly looked pretty cool.  I will be at Cabana Bay for 6 days so I have time to go there.  I have the RIP tour booked for Friday the 13th at HHN, so that's neat.  I will be patient and listen to the guiidance of the more experienced HHNers here. :)  All the best.

I can't imagine they would go past August 3rd to make announcements. It gets to a point where you HAVE to let people know what they're getting into before the buy tickets. I refuse to buy tickets until I know the entire lineup (even though I'm going regardless, more than one night shhhhhhh). I'm really curious as to whether this massive delay is just poor marketing or if they're having issues with the IPs. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're having difficulties. 

• Like 1

At this point I feel like if we're gonna get anything before 8/3, it's just gonna be an announcement that the announcements are coming soon :/ 

On the topic of It Follows, I went into it blindly and I enjoyed it. Didn't hate it (like most random Syfy meets Lifetime Movie Network quality horror films I've watched on Netflix) but didn't love it. The soundtrack was great though.

And add me to the list of people that would love to see Stranger Things have a presence at HHN, I love that show & the trailer for next season was so good!!!

23 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I can't imagine they would go past August 3rd to make announcements. It gets to a point where you HAVE to let people know what they're getting into before the buy tickets. I refuse to buy tickets until I know the entire lineup (even though I'm going regardless, more than one night shhhhhhh). I'm really curious as to whether this massive delay is just poor marketing or if they're having issues with the IPs. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're having difficulties. 

I would like to think its poor marketing. I've only been once but IMO this event has always had poor marketing. It started as a local haunt and exploded over nearly three decades to what it is today. They don't use social media to engage their fans, and IMO Universal is poor across the board with their social media.

Having said that, given your options I would rather it be lousy marketing. Losing one IP is fine, but at some point they need time to work with design and sound to get these houses built. Like anything else if it is rushed it will suck. Everything will be off. 

Looking forward to the originals. The IP selection this year, unless something changes, ....... meh. Universal has been too busy with Volcano, Jimmy Fallon, Nintendo, new hotel ... they are going to lay an egg this year with some of you that have been going for years. 

2 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

At this point I feel like if we're gonna get anything before 8/3, it's just gonna be an announcement that the announcements are coming soon :/ 

You know it's funny... A while back there was a leak of a Certain IP that no one caught. It was leaked to Employees by pure mistake and the employees were told to keep quiet and they were also kept to date when it is to be announced. A Employee almost sent it to people on Twitter and I managed to get it and stop him from sending it to the wrong person. So will I leak It?

No.

I know that is incredibly rich coming from me but I want this announcement to not get delayed. So when I say there will be a Maze Announcement before August 3rd, there will be a Maze Announcement before August 3rd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

You know it's funny... A while back there was a leak of a Certain IP that no one caught. It was leaked to Employees by pure mistake and the employees were told to keep quiet and they were also kept to date when it is to be announced. A Employee almost sent it to people on Twitter and I managed to get it and stop him from sending it to the wrong person. So will I leak It?

No.

I know that is incredibly rich coming from me but I want this announcement to not get delayed. So when I say there will be a Maze Announcement before August 3rd, there will be a Maze Announcement before August 3rd.

Ash vs. Evil Dead at Midsummer scream. It feels really obvious to anyone paying attention.

34 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

No.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you're right & I'm wrong, cause I'd really love to just have something else out there!! Even if it's not something I'm particularly looking forward to, i.e. Jigsaw (don't care), Ash vs. Evil Dead (love the movies & musical, never saw the show), it'd be nice to finally get another announcement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHNManics said:

I know that is incredibly rich coming from me but I want this announcement to not get delayed. So when I say there will be a Maze Announcement before August 3rd, there will be a Maze Announcement before August 3rd

So does this mean a few of the IPs were delayed due to word getting out about them? Like how The Shining was leaked early or how AvED was leaked that it would be based on the 1st 2 movies not the show.

4 minutes ago, Roadkill013 said:

So does this mean a few of the IPs were delayed due to word getting out about them? Like how The Shining was leaked early or how AvED was leaked that it would be based on the 1st 2 movies not the show.

The Shining was supposed to be announced May 2nd but a Amber Alert of two Twin girls going missing in Orlando prevented it and it got leaked. Stephen King saw the leak and things for messy but we still got it.

The Property that will be announced before August 3rd could get delayed if leaked which is my fear.

• Like 1

Shouldn't local store displays and stuff be arriving soon to sell tickets? It would be really interesting to know what happened with the reveals this year. A slow, steady stream of announcements (once every other week) seems like the most logical way to keep the hype train going. Most people that are not 1) already intending on going or 2) super fans that follows forums have probably totally forgotten that AHS and The Shining are coming because they were announced SO long ago without anything new. I would love to know what the ticket sales numbers are at today compared to this time last year when we basically had everything but originals. 

Either this was a HUGE mistake on the Marketing team or some major IP's were not locked down securely enough to move forward with the announcement. Heck, I just saw on Twitter the other day all the permits to start construction. Either permits just took a while to show up online or they are really behind on some houses. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Badge said:

Shouldn't local store displays and stuff be arriving soon to sell tickets? It would be really interesting to know what happened with the reveals this year. A slow, steady stream of announcements (once every other week) seems like the most logical way to keep the hype train going. Most people that are not 1) already intending on going or 2) super fans that follows forums have probably totally forgotten that AHS and The Shining are coming because they were announced SO long ago without anything new. I would love to know what the ticket sales numbers are at today compared to this time last year when we basically had everything but originals. 

Either this was a HUGE mistake on the Marketing team or some major IP's were not locked down securely enough to move forward with the announcement. Heck, I just saw on Twitter the other day all the permits to start construction. Either permits just took a while to show up online or they are really behind on some houses. 

I am having issues even buying tickets-- getting the rush of fear passes and they keep telling me there is an internal error and they are getting IT to look at it. I have an annual pass and am trying to buy them with the discount. The rep has been very nice and opened a file to call back when they're ready-- but I am very surprised as that is a lot of lost revenue if they don't even have all the tickets 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic