HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

On 6/26/2017 at 0:07 PM, hunnylvr said:

We have a room called The Asylum, and we promote the fact that we can alter the "scare" level from 1-10 based on what the customer wants.  We've got some good effects in that room, not to mention an extremely immersive set design (we had one of our friends from Universal A&D help us with the set, so I'm not joking or bragging).  We also have one called The Ringmaster which isn't scary like the Asylum, but it's creepy.  If you go to our website and watch the videos, you'll see.  Haunt fans love our rooms.  It would be great to have our Nightmares family come and play.

We were at the same conference and same tour.  It's possible we talked to each other and didn't even know it.

Owner to owner - if you want to play our room when you're in town, please private message me

THANK YOU Alice!  You really should play The Ringmaster at least.. you could handle it.. maybe. :)

Did the Ringmaster room over the weekend and I do not have enough positive things to say about it! It was spectacular. I would definitely recommend any out of towners that come in just for HHN to check this out during the daytime. We plan to do the Asylum sometime in September when we are back in Orlando. Thanks for the recommendation hunnylvr!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

What would be everyone's dream HHN lineup? Like, if A&D came to you and said "create the lineup", what would you do? 

I'm sitting shotgun on a 5 hour road trip this afternoon, entertain me friends :D

If A&D gave me control of the lineup I would do sooo much:

I would have...

- AHS: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke

- Friday the 13th

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

- The Thing(based on the 1982)

- Bioshock or Resident Evil 7

- Nightengales/Catacombs Crossover in the Plague

- HR Bloodengutz sequel or Leave it to Cleaver sequel

- House based on Salem Witch Trials

- The Skoolhouse from 08 in house form, and if not that then Orfanage reboot

Edited by wow
  • Like 2

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

New content.

But could you specify that? Because you said Ash vs Evil Dead was a repeat even though it's now based on the show, Trick R Treat was a repeat even tough it's never been at the event, and Jigsaw was a repeat even though the new film hasn't been at the event yet. 

I would make HR Bloodengutz a true icon... that house was a blast. He also threatened to kill me once. Just have whatever houses but they could all be made to be shown on public access TV during the small hours of the night. Would be a great time.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I would make HR Bloodengutz a true icon... that house was a blast. He also threatened to kill me once. Just have whatever houses but they could all be made to be shown on public access TV during the small hours of the night. Would be a great time.

YES PLEASE.

13 minutes ago, wow said:

But could you specify that? Because you said Ash vs Evil Dead was a repeat even though it's now based on the show, Trick R Treat was a repeat even tough it's never been at the event, and Jigsaw was a repeat even though the new film hasn't been at the event yet. 

Sure - Ash vs Evil Dead is using familiar themes for their house. Trick r Treat = "The Skool". Jigsaw = aka Saw which we've seen.

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

He also threatened to kill me once.

Yeah, but you've said you get those death threats every night you attend anyway.  I wouldn't take it personal.  Wait...it IS personal! :D

Edited by Pandry
Spell check. I had "wait" as "wati." I'm going to use wati now
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, N i c k said:

Did the Ringmaster room over the weekend and I do not have enough positive things to say about it! It was spectacular. I would definitely recommend any out of towners that come in just for HHN to check this out during the daytime. We plan to do the Asylum sometime in September when we are back in Orlando. Thanks for the recommendation hunnylvr!

Oh my gosh, Nick!  Thanks so much for playing and for the comments!  I'm thrilled you liked it.  As HUGE horror fans, our tiny group of owners really want to make our rooms as awesome as we can for our fellow horror fans.   We've already got a great and creepy idea for a fourth room which we hope to start working on after the first of the year.  

Please do come back and play The Asylum!  And don't forget to get your HNN discount!  (that goes for all of you).

• Like 1

Just now, Alice said:

So they're claiming something happens at 25k?

It's got to be the 'rewards' on the site, and I REALLY hope it has no bearing on what gets announced because holy shitballs, does that veer into seriously ridiculous pyramid scheme type territory. 

I think it's just the next "milestone" in the hopes that something might happen. Realistically, it's probably something to do while there's no news

• Like 2

I've said all along that a very traditional type Halloween scare zone needs to be in Central Park.  It should always have the lit pumpkins.  I could spend hours upon hours in a zone like that - because I have.  In 25, we even got married there (in the grass near the scarecrows).   I don't care if it's considered an f-ing repeat or not.  THAT IS HALLOWEEN.  So get over it.

If I had the chance to pick a lineup:

Houses

Stephen King's "IT"

Stephen King's "Pet Sematary"

Phantasm

Something claustrophobic - like The Descent

Another original similar to Gothic with actors on bungees and stilts for max effect

A horror comedy house - like Zombieland (I hate zombies, but LOVE this movie!) or Creepshow

Night of the Demons - typical 80's horror flick with people getting drunk and screwing with the Ouija board

Some kind of original with Bloody Mary (I know, I know.. but I want her back)

An original based on lesser known, archaic religions - like the movie The Serpent and the Rainbow 

Scarezones

The pumpkins in Central Park with the scarecrows or pumpkinheads or the bird like creatures from Grown Evil.  I don't care if it's a "repeat". It was breathtaking and awesome, and I'd do it again and again

I'd love to see a scarezone with actors on bungees again like The Path of the Wicked (was that it?  With the flying monkeys?).  Bungees are SO effective!

In New York - a "Near Dark" scarezone with the vampires from that movie in their camper and in those cars and roaming

A Children of the Corn scarezone might be interesting if done right

Another creative scarezone like they had last year with the ship - I love that kind of theatrical, unique stuff

Shows

A special version of Horror Make-up Show that only runs during HHN

Some kind of illusionist on the Animal Actors stage (again - read my comments on Aiden Sinclair and tell me that guy wouldn't be a perfect fit)

Bill & Ted

An actual horror based variety show (without a lot of loud music that interrupts the Central Park scare zone) in front of Mel's. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I think I have a face that people want to murder.....:leatherface:

Same, friend. Every year I've gone I've had a scareactor threaten to kill me. My first year there, I went into the Roanoke house towards the end of the night and there wasn't anyone behind me and one of the scareactors followed me through a room and a half whispering in my ear all the ways he was going to kill me. Good times. 

Here's a conversation topic: what's been your favorite interaction you've had with a scareactor? 

Edited by QueenoftheBunnies

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

It was certainly pretty, but I thought it wasn't badass :)

I thought the scenery made it badass, and the ambience.  I'd take that nowadays in a heartbeat.  I liked how the soundtrack that year was synced with the pumpkins to go out after they said Bloody Mary 3 times.  Then slowly they came back on.  Don't recall them syncing them before or since.  Definitely not since.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pandry said:

I thought the scenery made it badass, and the ambience.  I'd take that nowadays in a heartbeat.  I liked how the soundtrack that year was synced with the pumpkins to go out after they said Bloody Mary 3 times.  Then slowly they came back on.  Don't recall them syncing them before or since.  Definitely not since.

100% correct. Honest to god, I don't know how much more badass you can get than synced pumpkins.  Some people are just never happy.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

We'll be there October 1, 4, and 5th.

6 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Sept 22, 23, 24... cant wait!

Well looks likely I'll be going to Orlando on my own now (unless my friend can get permission to fly long haul from the doctor this week), so happy to meet up with people for HHN. Just so long as you don't mind me being a huge wimp haha. 

Thinking of going 3-4 nights but pencilled in 21, 22, 24, 29 September and 1 October as potentials so far. 

8 hours ago, Alice said:

I couldn't begin to understand why anyone would want 7 houses and 5 zones announced all at once, if that's the route they're choosing. I realise they may have done that in the past but it seems so anticlimactic. Rather keep the suspense going by releasing steadily over time. 

Situation A

There's a huge concert coming up 6 months, tickets are $300 each.  BUY TICKETS NOW!  We'll announce the bands eventually.

Month later, Metallica is playing!  

Month later, Nine Inch Nails is playing!

Month later, a new band featuring members of Primus, Queens of the Stone Age, and Filter is making their live debut.

...its about this time that you start to forget about the event and get sick of checking the website every month, week, day, etc.

The Metallica die hards already bought their tickets.  Most people are pissed some band that doesn't have any songs out was announced (aka an original maze).

Situation B

You announce Metallica, NIN, Jay-Z, The White Stripes, and The Talking Heads reuniting....and 4 new bands making their debuts.  it's a MUST SEE event now (obviously musical tastes dependent, but that's a given much like HHN is for a specific target audience that are fans of horror).  It's soon.  It's a big event.  You make an impulse buy. 

That's what HHN is looking for, new fans since 80% (pulling that out of my ass) of the people who went last year are already set to return this year.  We booked our room in Jan as soon as they started booking.  We're money in the bank.  There is no business benefit to marketing to us.  Everybody who is complaining is already going.  I love all the people complaining about stuff...yet as soon as the "when are you going?" thread starts they all already have their trip planned.  Not talking about anybody specific and not even talking about this year as I don't think that thread has even been created yet....but this happens every single year.

You need to grow the audience and there's MUCH more return on investment when you focus on those on the new adopters or impulse buyers.  There's zero return on people who booked their trip months ago.  That's from marketing.  From the event itself, they strive to not only satisfy the die hards and other past attendees with what they like (say what you want about The Walking Dead, it was always popular with the longest waits), but know that the only way to grow the yearly fanbase is to win over the newcomers so they strive to do so.

To bring it back to the music analogy, it's like the people who complain that they used to see Barenaked Ladies every weekend in a local bar (which I did in college) and then "They sold out!  They stopped playing in Buffalo every weekend!  They stopped playing at the Icon and started playing arenas and stadiums!  Bastards!"  If HHN just does what the diehards want and ignores the general public and new attendees, they're saying they're happy being a local band and don't want to grow.  Are they going to piss off some diehards? I think this forum is proof positive of that.  Is it the path to bigger and better things, more gate revenue, which in turns means more budget to make more/better houses, etc a better path?  Yes.

• Like 4

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic