HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Speaking of all this shit and since we dont have a ton to talk about... check this out... my Nona (grandma) when she was in her teens spent a year here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoria_State_Hospital as a patient. She was wild child but not insane (according to relatives). They used electrotherapy a lot back then (this was the late 40's). They just torn this main building down this week after decades of trying to get money to save it and do something with it but nothing ever came to fruition. I did a couple ghost tours there. Very cool place. But I didnt know my own grandmother spent time there until last year and my Nona died in a fire in 2009. She had a very tortured life. Very sad story. But the building was kinda famous in ghost circles. TAPS and I think Ghost Adventurers did episodes there.hospital_use.jpg

Well, if anyone wants to talk critical disability studies during HHN at 1am, I'll probably be at the Starbucks. ;)

(Edit: is there a HNN meetup at all? I would love to meet you guys.)

Edited by Alice
  • Like 1

I'd be most annoyed to see The Walking Dead back - EVER.  I think they more than paid their dues with this damn show, and now, let's move on.

I'm becoming convinced that we aren't getting another single announcement until that countdown clock expires.

• Like 8

Just now, hunnylvr said:

I'd be most annoyed to see The Walking Dead back - EVER.  I think they more than paid their dues with this damn show, and now, let's move on.

I'm becoming convinced that we aren't getting another single announcement until that countdown clock expires.

I feel like we are being punished.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm saying SDCC.

I couldn't begin to understand why anyone would want 7 houses and 5 zones announced all at once, if that's the route they're choosing. I realise they may have done that in the past but it seems so anticlimactic. Rather keep the suspense going by releasing steadily over time. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I feel like we are being punished.

It seems that way, but for the life of me I can't see why they would believe this is a good market strategy. 

The ones begging the most for an announcement are the GP. We "know" what we are getting. Yes, announcements set things in stone, but we have an idea, at least. If anyone is being "punished" it's the GP outside the HHN community. The leaks only spread so far. There are many who are still in the dark. 

And while an info dump was fantastic back in the day, we had something to keep us occupied and draw us in. As I've  said: Marketing is doing a very poor job this year. They aren't holding the rabid fans' attention, how do they expect to hold the casual fans' and new potential fans' attention. The announcement will be anticlimactic to those who aren't following FB pages, FB groups, or forums. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mystiquephreeq said:

It seems that way, but for the life of me I can't see why they would believe this is a good market strategy. 

The ones begging the most for an announcement are the GP. We "know" what we are getting. Yes, announcements set things in stone, but we have an idea, at least. If anyone is being "punished" it's the GP outside the HHN community. The leaks only spread so far. There are many who are still in the dark. 

And while an info dump was fantastic back in the day, we had something to keep us occupied and draw us in. As I've  said: Marketing is doing a very poor job this year. They aren't holding the rabid fans' attention, how do they expect to hold the casual fans' and new potential fans' attention. The announcement will be anticlimactic to those who aren't following FB pages, FB groups, or forums.

Between this and the whole Ash vs Evil Dead that is actually possibly Evil Dead 2..... what the hell? Its like they are letting the interns steer the boat.... into a light house.

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Between this and the whole Ash vs Evil Dead that is actually possibly Evil Dead 2..... what the hell? Its like they are letting the interns steer the boat.... into a light house.

Didn't the Ifrit tweet that it is Ash vs. Evil Dead and not ED 2? Or am I reading that riddle wrong?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Didn't the Ifrit tweet that it is Ash vs. Evil Dead and not ED 2? Or am I reading that riddle wrong?

Ifrit gives me a headache... so I wait for you guys to translate for me! But Im not sure.... everyone argues about the meanings of all his/her tweets.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I think the lack of information is a combination of issues with the IPs and the leak that happened earlier this season. 

Also, I will be at HHN the first weekend in October! Anyone else planning on going then? 

We'll be there October 1, 4, and 5th.

Um...Skoolhouse was in Central Park back in 2008. It had a lot to do with Trick or Treating. So, either it could mean we are getting a real Trick R Treat scarezone in Central Park or a follow up to Skoolhouse zone in Central Park with more elements from Trick R Treat

EDIT: Mystique beat me to it!

Edited by Badge
  • Like 6

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic