HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

8 minutes ago, wow said:

What was the concept of The Hallow and Interstellar Terror? I've read about them but I don't see what the scares could've been in both houses

the hallow was multiple hallowene urban legends i believe, scares were a pumpking gutting someones head, and a headless horseman, interstellar were the insane crew members on the ship trying to attack you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wow said:

What was the concept of The Hallow and Interstellar Terror? I've read about them but I don't see what the scares could've been in both houses

I'm currently struggling with my brain, but I'll answer this the best I can:

Interstellar Terror had a crew that was infected and driven mad by a alien artifact. The scares were the infected crew. 

The Hallow had several traditional Halloween themes. There was a headless horseman room. The pumpkinheads were in a room. Witches and trick or treaters. And there was the ram-headed god "Samhain". 

Other past houses that paid homage:

Run - The Running Man

Run:Hostile Territory - Hostel

The Forsaken - The Fog

Ship of Screams - Ghost Ship

I know we discuss original vs. IP and the "nothing new under the sun concept" every year, but using IPs to formulate spec is one of the best routes to go. 

No creator, any kind of creator, can truly shake the imprints of the works that inspired them. Tropes come in handy this way. It's the twists that make the work its own that set it apart. Even the works that attempt to deconstruct those tropes, rely heavily on those tropes. 

If one can look for the tropes in a specific sub genre (like vampires), one can use those tropes to start formulating the way things could be created. Look for the potential inspiration, then start shifting it. 

This year's vamp house will probably have scenes that we can trace back to its inspiration. Same goes for the Dust Bowl/Scarecrow house, Bayou, and Gothicombs (I'm sticking with that name until we have something definitive to call it). Same goes for any original SZs. 

It's just that nature of creating. There's always a spark. 

• Like 2

since there's not much else to talk about, I'm posing a question. Name any house original or IP that would piss you off the most if Orlando were to announce it today. 

Mine would probably be either a Slenderman house or Lunatics Playground 2: Now with extra 3D

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Itsjosie said:

since there's not much else to talk about, I'm posing a question. Name any house original or IP that would piss you off the most if Orlando were to announce it today. 

Mine would probably be either a Slenderman house or Lunatics Playground 2: Now with extra 3D

1. 'Fear Factor 2.'
2. 'The Walking Dead: It Never Gets Old'

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Itsjosie said:

Preacher

Five Nights at Freddy's 3D

Afterlife: Chance's Vengance

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Itsjosie said:

Besides The Walking Dead again? Five Nights at Freddie's. I DO NOT understand the appeal of that franchise.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Itsjosie said:

Mine is 90% of this forum's wishlist earlier in this thread. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

1. 'Fear Factor 2.'
2. 'The Walking Dead: It Never Gets Old'

Oh I would also be extremely dissapointed if we got This is The End, Ghostbusters, and Babadook.

As for more originals I feel a sequel to the Spawning would suck, but if they rebooted it a la Ghosttown and made it scarier it'd be good

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Itsjosie said:

Nothing ever "pisses me off" necessarily in terms of houses.

Not even TWD again would really make me mad, I'd just snore. 

I guess any 3D maze being announced would make me know my bottom of list instantly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wow said:

Oh I would also be extremely dissapointed if we got This is The End, Ghostbusters, and Babadook.

As for more originals I feel a sequel to the Spawning would suck, but if they rebooted it a la Ghosttown and made it scarier it'd be good

If we got a This is the end house, I would move to singapore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

Mine is 90% of this forum's wishlist earlier in this thread. 

what did i expect.

1 hour ago, wow said:

Preacher

before you hate me fnaf CAN be made into a good maze IF done rightly, this was posted in 2015 and i wouldn't mind it if they do it this way, just DON'T make it into 3d

Facade: a rather ordinary looking restaurant building adorned with a large neon sign that reads "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza - est. 1987." The black tinted windows are covered with character posters featuring the main attractions: Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy (aka Mangle). Through the loudspeakers, we hear the pre-recorded messages of the Phone Guy welcoming the new nightguard to his first shift. 

Walkthrough:

Our journey begins as we walk through the doors of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, where we are lead to the Dining Room/Main Stage Area of the establishment. We walk between two rows of dining tables, slumped over the tables are several corpses of birthday party guests wearing masks of various Fazbear characters. Some of the corpses spring back to life as we pass by. Once we reach the Main Stage Area, we're greeted by the seemingly lifeless Toy versions of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica. Occasionally Freddy's animatronic eyes begin to light up as a music box version of the Toreador March plays in the background. The guests will anticipate that one of the animatronics will come to life once the tune is over, but the real scare comes when a man in a purple uniform suddenly emerges from a hidden door and attempts to attack the guests with a crowbar. Though the upper part of his face is obscured by a cap he pulls over his head, we can see that his face is contorted into an unnaturally wide grin (achieved by make-up effects).

We are then ushered through a narrow hallway that leads to the Kid's Cove, the gaming area of the establishment. The monitors on the arcade games will occasionally turn on by themselves in random intervals, revealing cryptic messages on the screen with phrases like "IT'S ME," "HELP THEM," or "SAVE THEM." Toward the end of the room, we find Toy Foxy's stage covered with a star-patterned curtain. In front of the stage is a sign that reads "Out of Order." Radio static is heard as the Mangled Foxy animatronic bursts through the curtain to lunge at the guest (accomplished through puppeteering). Before leaving Kid's Cove, we pass through the Prize Corner, which is inhabited by Balloon Boy, who taunts the guests with incessant laughter. Behind the counter of the Prize Corner lies a large gift box. Occasionally, the mysterious Puppet peeks out of the box, staring at the guests with ominous glowing eyes.

We are then led through the Main Hallway where an eyeless and beakless version of Toy Chica emerges the from the Kitchen door, attacking guests with a cleaver. The Hallway eventually leads to the Security Office where you'll find a hapless security guard attempting to ward off the rogue animatronics by wearing a Freddy Fazbear head. Guests are then jumpscared by Toy Bonnie, who attempts to grab Guests from an overhead vent.

Another narrow hallway leads us to the Parts & Services room where Toy Freddy is seen forcefully stuffing a hapless victim into a Golden Freddy suit on the repair table. Guests navigate their way through a narrow corridor surrounded by the dismantled Withered Animatronics. Under closer inspection, blood and mucus appear to ooze out from the suits while an unpleasant odor fills the air. Suddenly, after a flash of strobe lighting effects, Withered Foxy comes to life and attacks guests with his hook hand.

We are then led out in an alleyway surrounded by wooden picket fences. On the fences are posters for 5 missing children as well as newspaper articles with details about the missing kids and Fazbears being shut down in light of the murder cases. Sometimes the Purple Man will appear behind the fence and threaten guests with a knife. The ghostly sounds of children's laughter are heard as we are lead to "Fredbear & Friends Family Diner," a seemingly abandoned restaurant surrounding with by a chainlink fence covered in police tape

Once we enter the building and make our way through Main Stage, we notice that the entire establishment is in a state of disrepair: tables and chairs are turned over; Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy are dismantled, their animatronic parts scattered all over the floor; the smell of musk and mold fills the air.

The Main Stage is covered by a tattered, blood stained curtain. Behind the curtain, we see the silhouette of a child being bitten on the head by the Fredbear animatronic. We are the lead to the original "Pirate's Cove" area of the restaurant. The sign in front of Foxy's stage now reads "IT'S ME." A ghostly, Phantom version of Foxy bursts from the stage and then attacks the guests with his Hook. Are then lead to the Kitchen, where we see pots, pans, and various other kitchen appliances move and shake violently as an apparent result of a poltergeist. Are the jumpscared by Phantom Chica as she emerges from a pantry door to scare guests.

From the Kitchen ware then lead through a darkened Hallway, where we can ghostly images of crying children materialize behind the windows of several doors (Pepper's ghost illusion). The Hallway then leads to eantrance of the boarded up Safe room, where a lifeless Golden Freddy suit is slumped against the doorway, there appears to be fresh blood coating the mouth of the animatronic suit.

Once we enter the Safe room, we are surrounded by a horde of ghostly children wearing Fazbear character masks (Horde jumpscare). Before leaving the Fredbear's, we witness the Purple Man's demise as we see the Springtrap animatronic writhing in a pool of fresh blood.

We exit through a backdoor, which now leads to the backyard of suburban home. Once inside the house, we are immediately greeted by a Nightmarish version of Fredbear. After going through a narrow with random Easter Eggs from FNAF 4 (pictures of the Cawthon family, various toys scattered about, the Plushtrap seated on a chair at the end of the hall). The hall then leads to Child's bedroom where we see a figure of child huddled underneath the blankets. Peering through the windows of the bedroom are the Nightmare versions of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica. But underneath the bed, Nightmare Foxy slides out to scare guests (just like the bedroom jumpscare in El Cucuy).

The final scare occurs when we go inside the bedroom closet. Clothes and other hanging objects obscure our view, until a we are surprised by the Nightmare animatronic (aka Shadow Freddy), then guests are lead to the exit of the maze.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

what did i expect.

before you hate me fnaf CAN be made into a good maze IF done rightly, this was posted in 2015 and i wouldn't mind it if they do it this way, just DON'T make it into 3d

Facade: a rather ordinary looking restaurant building adorned with a large neon sign that reads "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza - est. 1987." The black tinted windows are covered with character posters featuring the main attractions: Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy (aka Mangle). Through the loudspeakers, we hear the pre-recorded messages of the Phone Guy welcoming the new nightguard to his first shift. 

Walkthrough:

Our journey begins as we walk through the doors of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, where we are lead to the Dining Room/Main Stage Area of the establishment. We walk between two rows of dining tables, slumped over the tables are several corpses of birthday party guests wearing masks of various Fazbear characters. Some of the corpses spring back to life as we pass by. Once we reach the Main Stage Area, we're greeted by the seemingly lifeless Toy versions of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica. Occasionally Freddy's animatronic eyes begin to light up as a music box version of the Toreador March plays in the background. The guests will anticipate that one of the animatronics will come to life once the tune is over, but the real scare comes when a man in a purple uniform suddenly emerges from a hidden door and attempts to attack the guests with a crowbar. Though the upper part of his face is obscured by a cap he pulls over his head, we can see that his face is contorted into an unnaturally wide grin (achieved by make-up effects).

We are then ushered through a narrow hallway that leads to the Kid's Cove, the gaming area of the establishment. The monitors on the arcade games will occasionally turn on by themselves in random intervals, revealing cryptic messages on the screen with phrases like "IT'S ME," "HELP THEM," or "SAVE THEM." Toward the end of the room, we find Toy Foxy's stage covered with a star-patterned curtain. In front of the stage is a sign that reads "Out of Order." Radio static is heard as the Mangled Foxy animatronic bursts through the curtain to lunge at the guest (accomplished through puppeteering). Before leaving Kid's Cove, we pass through the Prize Corner, which is inhabited by Balloon Boy, who taunts the guests with incessant laughter. Behind the counter of the Prize Corner lies a large gift box. Occasionally, the mysterious Puppet peeks out of the box, staring at the guests with ominous glowing eyes.

We are then led through the Main Hallway where an eyeless and beakless version of Toy Chica emerges the from the Kitchen door, attacking guests with a cleaver. The Hallway eventually leads to the Security Office where you'll find a hapless security guard attempting to ward off the rogue animatronics by wearing a Freddy Fazbear head. Guests are then jumpscared by Toy Bonnie, who attempts to grab Guests from an overhead vent.

Another narrow hallway leads us to the Parts & Services room where Toy Freddy is seen forcefully stuffing a hapless victim into a Golden Freddy suit on the repair table. Guests navigate their way through a narrow corridor surrounded by the dismantled Withered Animatronics. Under closer inspection, blood and mucus appear to ooze out from the suits while an unpleasant odor fills the air. Suddenly, after a flash of strobe lighting effects, Withered Foxy comes to life and attacks guests with his hook hand.

We are then led out in an alleyway surrounded by wooden picket fences. On the fences are posters for 5 missing children as well as newspaper articles with details about the missing kids and Fazbears being shut down in light of the murder cases. Sometimes the Purple Man will appear behind the fence and threaten guests with a knife. The ghostly sounds of children's laughter are heard as we are lead to "Fredbear & Friends Family Diner," a seemingly abandoned restaurant surrounding with by a chainlink fence covered in police tape

Once we enter the building and make our way through Main Stage, we notice that the entire establishment is in a state of disrepair: tables and chairs are turned over; Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy are dismantled, their animatronic parts scattered all over the floor; the smell of musk and mold fills the air.

The Main Stage is covered by a tattered, blood stained curtain. Behind the curtain, we see the silhouette of a child being bitten on the head by the Fredbear animatronic. We are the lead to the original "Pirate's Cove" area of the restaurant. The sign in front of Foxy's stage now reads "IT'S ME." A ghostly, Phantom version of Foxy bursts from the stage and then attacks the guests with his Hook. Are then lead to the Kitchen, where we see pots, pans, and various other kitchen appliances move and shake violently as an apparent result of a poltergeist. Are the jumpscared by Phantom Chica as she emerges from a pantry door to scare guests.

From the Kitchen ware then lead through a darkened Hallway, where we can ghostly images of crying children materialize behind the windows of several doors (Pepper's ghost illusion). The Hallway then leads to eantrance of the boarded up Safe room, where a lifeless Golden Freddy suit is slumped against the doorway, there appears to be fresh blood coating the mouth of the animatronic suit.

Once we enter the Safe room, we are surrounded by a horde of ghostly children wearing Fazbear character masks (Horde jumpscare). Before leaving the Fredbear's, we witness the Purple Man's demise as we see the Springtrap animatronic writhing in a pool of fresh blood.

We exit through a backdoor, which now leads to the backyard of suburban home. Once inside the house, we are immediately greeted by a Nightmarish version of Fredbear. After going through a narrow with random Easter Eggs from FNAF 4 (pictures of the Cawthon family, various toys scattered about, the Plushtrap seated on a chair at the end of the hall). The hall then leads to Child's bedroom where we see a figure of child huddled underneath the blankets. Peering through the windows of the bedroom are the Nightmare versions of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica. But underneath the bed, Nightmare Foxy slides out to scare guests (just like the bedroom jumpscare in El Cucuy).

The final scare occurs when we go inside the bedroom closet. Clothes and other hanging objects obscure our view, until a we are surprised by the Nightmare animatronic (aka Shadow Freddy), then guests are lead to the exit of the maze.

I'm sure FNAF would be a good house, it's just that most of its players are little kids. It'd be like giving us a fan requested house that only the fans who can't attend want

^Agree with you about the fanbase. If it was you who wrote that, nice job!

It's funny that a lot of FNAF's audience is little kids. Many of the classic horror movies don't scare me at all, but that game...IDK, I found it legitimately scary. Maybe it's because I was dealing with depression when it came out.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wow said:

Preacher

Why Preacher? I admit I'm biased, but what would be wrong with it?

Just now, RevFreako said:

Why Preacher? I admit I'm biased, but what would be wrong with it?

I've never seen it but just that it was made by Seth rogen, after we got TiTE in Hollywood were all kinda done with him at HHN

2 hours ago, Itsjosie said:

Probably Slenderman, or any other Internet meme.

Just now, wow said:

I've never seen it but just that it was made by Seth rogen, after we got TiTE in Hollywood were all kinda done with him at HHN

Rogen is the producer. It's one million percent not TiTE. 

1 minute ago, RevFreako said:

Rogen is the producer. It's one million percent not TiTE. 

Yeah I get that; I'm just saying TiTE was a huge blunder and I wouldn't want his stuff at HHN again. It's just my opinion

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

BUT i did found a good internet story that could be made into a haunted house, the scp foundation http://www.scp-wiki.net/

I would LOVE an scp house. But sadly it's not a big enough property, unless they made an original "based" off of it

Edited by wow

I think any terrible cheesy horror film would be a bad idea. Like "sharknado", "piranha", "one eyed monster" (probs wouldn't get past censorship anyway), "zombie strippers", "leprechaun 4 in space", etc. 

Would be fun for like 30 seconds then just stupid. 

3 hours ago, Itsjosie said:

I'd say this is the end, I liked the movie but doesn't need to be a house. The rest I wouldn't care but it was done in Hollywood and can stay there. Also the mummy, never found the mummy scary loved monster squad as a kid and always remembered all the ways to kill the monsters the mummy was just unraveled like an old sweater thought that was the worst. 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic