HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

If the ED house focuses mainly on #2 I may walk through it going dead by dawn!!

Side note: I do see the annoyance of having essentially the same house as the one in '13 only with more humor. The thing that is making me excited for this potential house is just how much I love ED 1&2 (2 being my fav). Just seeing Ash with his chainsaw arm and hopefully telling me to shop smart shop S-Mart will make me smile so much. So I see the negatives but I see the positives too. Now if will just get officially announced already.

My take on Evil Dead for the fifth time, but with a different spin:

Look at the scream fiasco.  TV show versus the movies.

Look at the Cantina whatever-it-was-called From Dusk Till Dawn ripoff house versus the movie that never happened versus the TV show that did.

There are rights issues and it can screw with their plans.  Particularly for an event at a MOVIE inspired themepark.  Yes, TWD and AHS are TV shows, I'm well aware of that.

Evil Dead took place in the Cabin 90% of the movie and PART of the TV show went there too.  The movie Evil Dead 2 is owned by...not sure whom.  It was like Renaissance Films or something weird, but sure that company has been acquired and re-acquired multiple times since.  Starz does the TV show.  Lots of potential for rights issues.

So why not focus on the partsof the second movie with is more or less covered by the TV show anyway?  They go to the cabin, meet the creature in the basement, the professor who reads from the necronomicon, the deer head on the wall, the possessed hand, etc, etc, etc.  As a movie theme park, you focus on the parts from the movies...while also covering parts that appear on the TV show with the name Ash vs Evil Dead.  Evil Dead 2 came out in '97...Army of Darkness had nothing related to Evil Dead in the title...Ash Vs Evil Dead is new, fresh,  and resonates with people who never saw the movies.  It's a win-win-win situation.  And the name isn't misleading to anybody...except fanboys who think they know what the house is doing and because the rumor from anonymous sources saying it's based on the movies.

• Like 4

You can tell we have nothing really to talk about here.   Everyone just needs to relax, when information comes it comes.

Again, everyone is entitled to an opinion about the event, positive or negative.  This site is not controlled by Universal or any company related to it.  Each member has the right to say what they wish about what they know, or don't know.  If they are an employee, then they do that at risk of ones job.  If they are not an employee, or didn't get hired for HHN this year, sure they can say what they know.  However, if they want to try out next year.. good luck on that.  

Let's not bash one another based on opinion.   Just because this is a HHN related site, DOES NOT mean we can't post negative stuff about it.  Why do you think they do survey's when you exit the park each night?  They want to hear what you like AND DON'T like.  If no one ever complains or expresses dislike, nothing will ever change or Universal won't try to make things better. 

Yes we are not the norm, or the general public that marketing caters to, BUT we can make things sound good or sound bad.  People doing a Google search for HHN information more than likely will get one of the sites related to the event, and read it.  That will have influence. 

With that said, keep the thread to speculation and what we know, or action will be taken.

spec·u·la·tion
noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, wow said:

Hollywood user here; what apparently happened was we were supposed to get a shared announcement for Ash vs Evil Dead today but the people editing the video didn't have enough time to finish it so it got delayed. Most likely happening this week though

Also Legacy pointed out that since San Francisco area is housing the Sci-Fi zone, Festival of the Dead probably isn't happening

Having read the post on IU, Legacy stated that Festival of the Dead is happening it just isn't a day of the Dead zone as everyone suspected. 

3 hours ago, Lar6767 said:

I understand that the employees have to sign NDAs but someone who was rejected posted that he saw the list and couldn't post anything. Why? He didn't even get hired so why can't he say anything? My point is that this is supposed to be a speculation thread on an independent web site and all I keep reading is how we can't say anything in order to protect Universal. If that's the case then the thread should just be locked instead of having to read posts about the consequences of revealing a house, or even more ridiculous, the survey. Movies get spoiled months before they're released but we can't find out what the last house is going to be when we already know most of them? I think that's asinine. I didn't insult the scare actors but to say that most of them aren't teenagers is naive and, I would say, somewhat delusional if you've ever been to a Halloween event anywhere.  And we all know that the decision to release the info is Universal's so we don't need your condescending explanation of the entertainment industry.

Having respect for the company you are trying to get employment at and not disclosing code names (it's not the names of the houses or zones) isn't a surprising thing. Sorry that an individual is unwilling to risk potential future employment to cater to your desire for immediate gratification. As for this site, Universal has sent out C&Ds to other sites who felt a need to release information or allowed images or information to be shared that wasn't announced. Beside the fact that this site (as well as others) respects Universal, this site must protect itself. 

Since I, personally, know many scareactors, I can say with confidence that the majority aren't "unemployed 19yr olds or teenagers".

You, obviously, don't know the entertainment industry. Universal doesn't set the timeline. The IP rights holders do. They, the rights holders, are the ones that determine how and when an announcement is made. The right holders must approve everything. I wasn't being condescending. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Having read the post on IU, Legacy stated that Festival of the Dead is happening it just isn't a day of the Dead zone as everyone suspected. 

Having respect for the company you are trying to get employment at and not disclosing code names (it's not the names of the houses or zones) isn't a surprising thing. Sorry that an individual is unwilling to risk potential future employment to cater to your desire for immediate gratification. As for this site, Universal has sent out C&Ds to other sites who felt a need to release information or allowed images or information to be shared that wasn't announced. Beside the fact that this site (as well as others) respects Universal, this site must protect itself. 

Since I, personally, know many scareactors, I can say with confidence that the majority aren't "unemployed 19yr olds or teenagers".

You, obviously, don't know the entertainment industry. Universal doesn't set the timeline. The IP rights holders do. They, the rights holders, are the ones that determine how and when an announcement is made. The right holders must approve everything. I wasn't being condescending. 

I don't need immediate gratification. I'm making the point that this entire thread is a waste of time if we can speculate wildly but if anyone were to get close to the answers then other posters will attempt to quash their ability to spill them. What difference does it make when the identities of the rest have been assumed for months? We have the map but we can't confirm anything? Doesnt make sense. Everyone understands that the owners of the IP might be involved but I'm sure those agreements, including announcement dates, have been worked out at this point. They wouldnt be building houses without them in place. And based upon what happened today I think it sounds as if it is an internal Universal issue if Murdy thought there was going to be an announcement but it was cancelled. It seems like quite a leap to assume that it's the IP owners holding it up and I think that shows that you don't know the industry either.

Edited by Lar6767
Typo

15 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I don't need immediate gratification. I'm making the point that this entire thread is a waste of time if we can speculate wildly but if anyone were to get close to the answers then other posters will attempt to quash their ability to spill them. What difference does it make when the identities of the rest have been assumed for months? We have the map but we can't confirm anything? Doesnt make sense. Everyone understands that the owners of the IP might be involved but I'm sure those agreements, including announcement dates, have been worked out at this point. They wouldnt be building houses without them in place. And based upon what happened today I think it sounds as if it is an internal Universal issue if Murdy thought there was going to be an announcement but it was cancelled. It seems like quite a leap to assume that it's the IP owners holding up.

We have a fan made map. We have a map based solely on speculation. The map isn't a real map. 

The only people who know things are those employed with the event. 

Yes, other posters will attempt to squash things if an individual is at risk of losing his/her job or at risk of hurting future employment. 

They built The Conjuring house and the Scream house and still lost the rights. The Shining announcement was delayed due to rights issues. 

Let's say Saw was today's announcement (I don't know if it was or not). Saw's trailer hasn't dropped yet to my knowledge. If there were issues with the trailer drop, the IP holder could have easily told Universal to delay the announcement. Even if things are worked out, issues can still appear. Publicity and Marketing may make the internal calls regarding releases, but Publicity and Marketing are beholden to the rights holders. 

Since you you mentioned the survey previously, C&Ds have been issued in the past to sites regarding survey leaks. I have taken past confidential surveys. Those who take them are agreeing to not disclose the information. To take the survey, you agree to an NDA. 

As for the code names, they won't help spec at all. The two we have Checkmate and Brains didn't help spec. Well, Checkmate helped create spec for The Shining, but from what I've gathered, Checkmate is not The Shining. Brains was later linked to Scarecrow after other clues. The zone code names are useless for spec. They give nothing to spec on. I'm tiptoeing and being careful, but the only thing the zone codenames would give us is something we already know. 

• Like 4

*warning extremely unrelated but just wanted to ask*

How good was the Nightengales house from 21? The reviews all make it seem good so I'm surprised A&D hasn't wanted to do another sequel considering they fit into any war

• Like 2

This has been a really tough year in terms of IPs, if even a fraction of the speculation is true. The Shining was THIS close to death, and all this Conjuring business on top of that. I'm sure the team are quite experienced in dealing with the IP holders and whatnot, but I wonder if the Soul Collectors countdown to a possible reveal isn't just a way to make sure all the ducks are in the basket, for a year in which the ducks keep trying to escape!

As someone who has really only followed the event when announcements kept coming earlier than ever, I both like and loathe a possible all-in-one (ish) reveal. I like it because of the mystery, and that it's different and keeps people guessing. The problem is that.... it keeps people guessing. I swear, all of the 'bad behavior' and grasping-at-straws would not be happening if we had five houses announced and all that. 

3 minutes ago, LuckBeALadyTonite said:

This has been a really tough year in terms of IPs, if even a fraction of the speculation is true. The Shining was THIS close to death, and all this Conjuring business on top of that. I'm sure the team are quite experienced in dealing with the IP holders and whatnot, but I wonder if the Soul Collectors countdown to a possible reveal isn't just a way to make sure all the ducks are in the basket, for a year in which the ducks keep trying to escape!

As someone who has really only followed the event when announcements kept coming earlier than ever, I both like and loathe a possible all-in-one (ish) reveal. I like it because of the mystery, and that it's different and keeps people guessing. The problem is that.... it keeps people guessing. I swear, all of the 'bad behavior' and grasping-at-straws would not be happening if we had five houses announced and all that. 

John Murdy of Hollywood said it is possible everything comes out in August; but hopefully we won't have to do that

Anyone notice that this year seems very not fun based on current speculation? Not like a bad event, but nothing lighthearted.even evil dead seems like a chance of being the mostly serious first one. Like last few years we've had Run and jack,  chance and krampus. This year all of the I'm and original speculation is so intense.

15 hours ago, Alice said:

22 days till full reveal and we're all investigating effing poutine because that's the most interesting thing about HHN we've heard of so far, lmao. 

Poutine, ick.

9 hours ago, wow said:

*warning extremely unrelated but just wanted to ask*

How good was the Nightengales house from 21? The reviews all make it seem good so I'm surprised A&D hasn't wanted to do another sequel considering they fit into any war

Amazing, just amazing.  The sets were insane.  Most of the time you were in a World War II type trench.  Battle is going on around you.  The Nightengales start appearing at the beginning but they're tame, look like people.  But as you go deeper, they get more grotesque.  Bodies start piling up.  Just a great immersive original house.  I know a large majority would love a sequel of some sort.  I definitely would.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, N i c k said:

Gravy, cheese, and fries...what is not to love?

It's chicken and corn away from KFCs Sadness Bowl. I repeat, ick.

There's a new Ifrit tweet out that makes it sound like this Evil Dead nonsense is in jeopardy...

My only 2 cents is that it would be a lot easier to avoid IPs being pulled if we had more originals. Just saying. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alice said:

There's a new Ifrit tweet out that makes it sound like this Evil Dead nonsense is in jeopardy...

My only 2 cents is that it would be a lot easier to avoid IPs being pulled if we had more originals. Just saying. 

What I understand it to mean is confirmation that it will be called Ash vs. Evil Dead as opposed to Evil Dead

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alice said:

But originals don't get the August buying casuals.

"A conflict will ensue." A conflict as in a VS. 

"You may suspect the Evil of the Dead" with a cloud of smoke. It's not the Evil Dead and that's an Ash cloud. 

Basically Ash VS Evil Dead is confirmed. According to Ifrit anyways. 

• Like 3

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic