HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

12 minutes ago, Alice said:

Looks like they're listing the top 10 they WANT to have at HHN, which is weird because I thought twisted taters were already there. 

Nah because I've definitely seen everything else on that list at HHN. Poutine is the only thing on there I haven't seen. 

Listen guys, let's make a pact that the first person who finds poutine at the event this year needs to post its location in the group. Deal? 

I am not above asking a monster mid-attack where my gravy fries of goodness are. 

"GIVE ME YOUR SOUL" 

"Only if you buy me poutine first" 

Edited by QueenoftheBunnies
  • Like 4

Hollywood user here; what apparently happened was we were supposed to get a shared announcement for Ash vs Evil Dead today but the people editing the video didn't have enough time to finish it so it got delayed. Most likely happening this week though

Also Legacy pointed out that since San Francisco area is housing the Sci-Fi zone, Festival of the Dead probably isn't happening

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Also, within the week hopefully based on what Hollywood's hinting, we should be able to finally settle the Evil Dead debate. 

5 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

This will be interesting...

So which side of the Evil Dead table are you both? Do you think it's Ash vs Evil Dead, or Evil Dead 1 and 2 material? Also, which would you prefer? 

4 minutes ago, wow said:

Hollywood user here; what apparently happened was we were supposed to get a shared announcement today but the people editing the video didn't have enough time to finish it so it got delayed. Most likely happening this week though

Ridiculous... They actually admitted something like that? That's too much.

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

So which side of the Evil Dead table are you both? Do you think it's Ash vs Evil Dead, or Evil Dead 1 and 2 material. Also, which would you prefer? 

Im cool with either. Love the movies, love the series. I say interesting bc I wanna know if they are gonna call it one thing and deliver the other. I personally think that would be too dumb to come to fruition. But people are swearing thats whats gonna happen....

1 minute ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im cool with either. Love the movies, love the series. I say interesting bc I wanna know if they are gonna call it one thing and deliver the other. I personally think that would be too dumb to come to fruition. But people are swearing thats whats gonna happen....

It probably is happening. The people with inside knowledge on both coasts(Legacy & Manics) have sworn by the claims that it's called one but is another. Also from a marketing standpoint it makes perfect sense

7 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

So which side of the Evil Dead table are you both? Do you think it's Ash vs Evil Dead, or Evil Dead 1 and 2 material? Also, which would you prefer? 

Ridiculous... They actually admitted something like that? That's too much.

I would prefer the original 2 films as I haven't seen the TV Show. Honestly, I'm holding my tounge on what it will exactly be since HHn is a fickle thing.

They didn't admit that video thing by the way. That's info from one of our many "insiders" this year.

6 minutes ago, wow said:

Also from a marketing standpoint it makes perfect sense

Im not an expert in marketing, although I do work with the marketing team on occasion (I work for a tech firm)..... but how would it make perfect sense? Im honestly curious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I would prefer the original 2 films as I haven't seen the TV Show. Honestly, I'm holding my tounge on what it will exactly be since HHn is a fickle thing.

They didn't admit that video thing by the way. That's info from one of our many "insiders" this year.

Ok, yeah I heard it was real and I heard it was fake but it seems reasonable enough 

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im not an expert in marketing, although I do work with the marketing team on occasion (I work for a tech firm)..... but how would it make perfect sense? Im honestly curious.

Well... I figure if they didn't want to make it seem like we were getting the same ED maze, they would need to change the name so it lets people know it's gonna be a different maze. Since AvED and the 2013 maze are completely different it makes sense they would choose to name it after the show for promotional purposes while also bringing in a new property.

16 minutes ago, wow said:

Also from a marketing standpoint it makes perfect sense

How is false advertising perfect sense? hehe 

11 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Ok... That's a little better then. Not having enough time when they probably had months to at least prepare to get it done sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

As far as that vampire/black eyed children house goes, I was thinking maybe more along the lines of something like Let the Right One In (2008) possibly??? I think it would be tough to get all the scare actors to put in sclera contact lenses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wow said:

Ok, yeah I heard it was real and I heard it was fake but it seems reasonable enough 

Well... I figure if they didn't want to make it seem like we were getting the same ED maze, they would need to change the name so it lets people know it's gonna be a different maze. Since AvED and the 2013 maze are completely different it makes sense they would choose to name it after the show for promotional purposes while also bringing in a new property.

You don't have to explain that in a 30 second video. That's what the news articles and blog posts are for. It just sounds sketchy to me but it's not like they'd ever tell so shrug.

12 minutes ago, wow said:

Again I'm no expert but this sounds like a really bad idea. Its deceptive and it would be confusing the guests, especially that coveted "general public" crowd that must be pleased. Doing what you gave an example of would only appease the people on this forum. That's my take. I would be incredibly surprised if Uni did something like that. But then again, the thought an Alice Cooper house was a good idea.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Universal does care who knows. There's a reason we warn people and there's a reason no one comes out (usually) and says what everything is:

Scareactors (I find your degradation of those who physically place themselves in harms way to create this event offensive) have to sign NDAs. They talk, they get fired. Everyone tiptoes and specs and gives hints and riddles to protect the people who create the event. And that includes the non scareactors who create this event. 

As for Uni not releasing info:

It's a business. When dealing with other people's Intellectual Properties, you don't get to create the timeline for information releases. You move at a pace that is best for marketing the material. 

Honestly, the biggest complaint I'm seeing isn't a lack of spec, but a lack of concrete knowledge. Speculation isn't concrete knowledge. Speculation is forming an educated guess. Specs are hypotheses. 

I'm no longer sure what it is that everyone wants? Build? You can't achieve build by just giving the answer. When someone puts forth the effort to try to create spec and build (like The Ifrit), the person is mocked or ignored. 

The middle ground is what I want. I understand that there needs to be timelines for information releases. I know there will never be another NO SIGNAL moment. There will never be another moment where we all log in refreshing the site waiting to see if our specs are right. Too much impatience. Too many leaks. Too many in need of "FIRST!!" claims. 

There are ways to achieve suspense and build while following the timeline. Those ways could be achieved by social media, if Marketing were willing to put in the effort, and if we were willing to be patient and put in effort of our own. 

I understand that the employees have to sign NDAs but someone who was rejected posted that he saw the list and couldn't post anything. Why? He didn't even get hired so why can't he say anything? My point is that this is supposed to be a speculation thread on an independent web site and all I keep reading is how we can't say anything in order to protect Universal. If that's the case then the thread should just be locked instead of having to read posts about the consequences of revealing a house, or even more ridiculous, the survey. Movies get spoiled months before they're released but we can't find out what the last house is going to be when we already know most of them? I think that's asinine. I didn't insult the scare actors but to say that most of them aren't teenagers is naive and, I would say, somewhat delusional if you've ever been to a Halloween event anywhere.  And we all know that the decision to release the info is Universal's so we don't need your condescending explanation of the entertainment industry.

Edited by Lar6767
Grammar

15 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I would prefer the original 2 films as I haven't seen the TV Show.

Also...

1. You should see the show. Bruce is awesome.

2. Aren't you a little concerned that the 2nd movie was a borderline comedy compared to the first one? I think that's why I'm concerned that if the rumor comes to fruition that we'll end up getting mostly stuff from Evil Dead which will make it more of a repeat.

3 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Also...

1. You should see the show. Bruce is awesome.

2. Aren't you a little concerned that the 2nd movie was a borderline comedy compared to the first one? I think that's why I'm concerned that if the rumor comes to fruition that we'll end up getting mostly stuff from Evil Dead which will make it more of a repeat.

Definitely am going to make plans to see the TV show even if it ends up being the movies.

I honestly think they would even then they focus more on 2, I think the fact it's the generally better received and better known in pop culture (and more unique from what they've done before) movie will take priority. 

If it's the movies, I imagine it's 1/4 ED1, 3/4 ED2

49 minutes ago, Roadkill013 said:

So all this talk about vampires and having to invite them in reminds me of one of my favorite 80's horror movies which I would love to experience as a house one year... Fright Night!

Ah, I was just thinking about that movie, I'll probably be revisiting it in the next couple weeks!
I thought both the original and the 2011 remake were awesome (Yes, I consider the 2011 remake to be one of the best horror remakes I've ever seen), and either one could make for a good House.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Definitely am going to make plans to see the TV show even if it ends up being the movies.

I honestly think they would even then they focus more on 2, I think the fact it's the generally better received and better known in pop culture (and more unique from what they've done before) movie will take priority. 

From what I've heard it is mostly Evil Dead 2.

11 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I honestly think they would even then they focus more on 2, I think the fact it's the generally better received and better known in pop culture movie will take priority. 

10 minutes ago, wow said:

From what I've heard it is mostly Evil Dead 2.

If it ends up being mostly material from 2, then I really hope they just call it Evil Dead - fill the blank (like Halloween - Hell Comes to Haddonfield last year) and not Ash vs Evil Dead.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic